twenty

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

hi everyone! just wanted to check in with u all before u start reading, how are you? are u all doing okay during this quarantine? things are tough right now, so i want to let u all know that im here for u. feel free to dm me here or at my twitter @radiant_sinbyul. let's be friends :) i really dont mind, please know that u are not alone. thank you for reading, i hope you guys will enjoy this chapter :)

 


Eunbi went to prepare our convenience store cheesy Tteokbokki by the microwave inside. She asked me to sit and wait because apparently I’m tired and she doesn’t want me to overwork myself. It’s really chilly out here. I haven’t been getting much clear air lately so this is really refreshing especially knowing Eunbi’s here with me.

 

I stare off inside the store, watching her every move. I guess she felt a pair of eyes on her back because she turned around and raised her eyebrows with a small smile, probably telepathically asking me if I’m doing okay out here and I nod while blowing hot air into my palms. She nodded back and I can tell that she’s picking up her pace to finish whatever she’s doing. She’s so cute.

 

Finally, she comes with an adorable boxed smile plastered on her face while carrying the freshly microwaved hot cheesy Tteokbokki in her hands. She places it in front of me along with my own pair of chopsticks. 

 

“Thank you Eunbi-ya,” I expressed my gratitude. I actually feel really bad for waking her up at this time, she must be more exhausted than I am. “I’m sorry for waking you up.” I tell her.

 

“It’s okay babe, like I said, I missed you too. And plus… we get to eat our favourite meal together. Wouldn’t miss it for the world if you asked me” She said with a smile as she rubs her hands together, warming it before breaking her wooden chopsticks in half. 

 

She mixes the bowl to blend the cheese and tteokbokki sauce together, surprisingly that’s how we both like it. She grabs one rice cake and twirls the gooey cheese around it, making sure to dip it back into the sauce and coating it well. 

 

Just as I thought she wanted to have the first bite, she gestures it towards me with her other hand below to not make a mess. I widened my eyes in surprise.

 

“Cmon, I know you didn’t eat all day yesterday,” she reasons, her expression turning softer. I keep making her worry.

 

I opened my mouth and bit into her chopsticks, I hummed the second I tasted the cheesy sauce mixture and chewed my way through the rice cake. My tummy made a noise and I giggled in embarrassment. Sinb only looked at me with her soft concerned eyes, though now I can tell she’s a little more relieved to see me eat right in front of her. 

 

 Then I broke my own chopsticks and did the same thing as Eunbi just did, I didn’t say a word and only moved the chopsticks approaching with a big smile on my face. She gave me an eye roll but didn’t reject my offer, she had the same reaction as I did, humming happily to the taste. “This is so good babe…” She says while chewing, her hands quickly digging into the bowl for some more. 

“Right? It never gets old” I replied, nodding. We continued to have a couple of bites in comfortable silence, only the sound of mere crickets nearby with the wind gently blowing passing us. The streetlights were brighter in this area, making it easier to see Eunbi.

 

“How are you feeling?” she asked me after swallowing her chewed rice cake. 

 

“Better with you here” I simply answered, because that’s the truth.

 

“Do you want to sleepover my room? I’m sure Umji wouldn’t mind. Plus we both don’t have any classes tomorrow morning so we can go get breakfast together, it’s been awhile since we did that.” she offers. 

 

I remain silent to think while still chewing. It’s true, I don’t have any classes tomorrow morning and neither does she. But even if I did, I probably wouldn’t have the energy to attend.

 

“Are you not tired of me?” I asked. Was that too direct? Did I ruin the moment? I hope not. “I don’t want you to feel like I’m using you to feel better because that’s not it at all.” I continued.

 

I see Eunbi visibly stopped her chewing, her eyes focused on the bowl of Tteokbokki that’s almost been cleared by the both of us. 

 

Her hand reached out towards mine, holding it gently with her thumbs circling the surface. “No, Yerin. Never have, never will. I love you.” she finally says, her deep brown orbs staring into my own. 

 

“I want to be with you as much as you want to be with me. The feeling is mutual. You don’t know how much I always miss you, wondering if you’re doing okay, missing your tight hugs and warm kisses. Things are better with you, too”

 

“I… love you.” I replied. 

 

“Well, I changed my mind. You’re sleeping over tonight with me. Period.” Sinb laid back into her seat, putting her chopsticks down. She lets me finish off what’s left in the bowl.

 

“We should get going, I need myself some cuddles, it’s too cold.”

 

“Says the girl with the stone cold face…” I whisper to myself with a small giggle. 

 

“Yah… what’d you say???” 

 

“Heheh, I said you’re really cute. Let’s go” 

 

“Hm… I’ll get back at you one day” Eunbi said while squinting her eyes. I only smiled at her silliness.

 

She’s everything I could ever ask for.