Sinb & Umji

The Protector

“Ok, Sinb-shi, what can I help you?” question Umji to Sinb.

“Well, Dr. Kim, I come to get a second check-up. I already go my normal doctor and she has passed me, but my ‘ajumma’ unnie still did not believe it. So, you are my last hope”, answer Sinb playfully. They usually like to play-act Doctor-Patient when this happens, which is a lot.

“May I see your shoulder unnie?” Sinb begin to button down her shirt and turned around with her back facing Umji. A slightly pinkish circular scar is there on her top right shoulder.

“Hmm.. it looks it has completely healed. Do you still feel any after effect? Maybe some tenderness when poke?” Umji ask while looking that Sinb’s face carefully.

“No… hmm… sometimes?” answer Sinb and changing the answer when Umji gives her a sharp stare. “Only when it rains, I swear Umji, it does not hurt anymore. I can do all the push up without hurting. It just when it is really cold, then sometime, it hurts a bit. If I take a good care, wear thicker clothes, then the shoulder is fine.”

“How about your leg and knee, unnie?”

“It cuts on the legs have healed nicely. And the torn ligament in the knee has mended. You can see for yourself.” Sinb take off her black pants and show Umji her left leg.

“That is good to see and hear, Unnie. I will tell Sowon unnie that you get my approval. But if anything, however small, please tell me ok, Unnie and please be extra careful, I hate to see you getting hurt.”

“I am sorry, Yewon-ah. I am really sorry for the nightmares that you have because of me. I will be careful. As long as I have all three of you back up and support, I, we will be fine.”

“Now, that the examination is concluded, I will sent you my bills on your personal account. Three pizza dates would be sufficient to cover it.”

“For you Yewon-ah, you can make it three pizza and three movie nights,” answer Sinb with a smile.

“Deal.”

-----

“So, how is it, Umji?” question Sowon to her little sister.

“She passed. I am satisfied with Dr. Park assessment. So, you need to stop badgering Sinb unnie about it. And since I have given you the answer, now, can we go home? I am sleepy.”

“Ok, I will stop. So, Sinb, I am going to go now. Rest well and sleep well, alright. See you.”

“Yuju, we are going now. Take care and good night to you,” with that both of them went out of the house and before closing the front door Sowon unnie gives a signal to Yuju, with her first finger and middle finger in V-shape pointing her eyes and then point to Sinb, which Yuju reply with a salute.