Meeting with the Jungs

The Protector

Present time

At the Headquarters of Korean Special Forces (KSF), Division One

“Come in Team Leader (TL) Kim. You are just in time”, said the Head of Division One, Senior Leader (SL) Lee. “Minister Jung and her daughters are just arriving at the front gate. How about we go to the Meeting Room and meet them there.”

“Yes Sir”, said Sowon as she follows SL Lee. Yuju, Sinb and Umji give a respectful bow to SL Lee as he walks pass them.

When they arrived at the Meeting Room, a tall, slender, charismatic man in his late 50s is already in the room. “Minister Jung, welcome to KSF. Sorry to keep you waiting and please have a seat. Yerin-shi and Eunha-shi, welcome. This is Team Leader Kim. She and her team have been assigned to your case.”

“Thank you Senior Leader Lee for you hospitality and prompt response. And thank you Team Leader Kim for coming. I understood from Senior Leader Lee that your team is the best in protection”, answered Minister Jung.

Sowon bows and answers the Minister, “Thank you Minister. It is a team work and it is an honour to be recognised as the best. This is my team member, Lieutenant Choi Yuju, Lieutenant Hwang Sinb and Junior Lieutenant Kim Umji.” As she introduces them, each of them bows to the Minister.

“These are my daughters Team Leader Kim, Yerin and Eunha. I hope that you will protect them well as they are very precious to me. I trust you and your team with their safety. Please take care of them well”, said the Minister.

“We will Minister. Thank you for trusting us,” replied Sowon.

“Let’s just go straight to the matters in hand. Team Foxtrot, as you know, Minister Jung has just proposed a critical policy in order to safeguard Korea from international and national threat. With this new policy, he has been targeted by terrorists and radicals that want to destabilize Korea and these threats have being expanded to those who are close to him. His daughters have been subjected to a scare tactic recently. Minister Jung has requested for our help in protecting him and his daughters. I have assigned Team Delta to him and your team, Team Foxtrot to his daughters. All files related to this have been transferred to your Team Terminal, and I believe you have read on them. Due to the confidentiality of the matters, some special cover must be put. So, I will let Team Leader Kim to brief us especially to Yerin-shi and Eunha-shi on your plan”, explained SL Lee.

“Thank you Senior Leader Lee. As per discussion with the Minister previously, Lieutenant Hwang or Sinb-shi here is assigned to Yerin-shi under a cover that she is your distant cousin that you have to take care. She had some troubles with the authority in USA and she had been sent here to reflect on her mistakes. This cover enables her to be close to you. Lieutenant Choi or Yuju-shi is assigned to Eunha-shi. Since both of them are of the same age, Yuju-shi is Eunha-shi close childhood friend that is transferred to study here together. Junior Lieutenant Kim or Umji-shi and I will be Sinb-shi friends. We will align and fine-tune the cover after this with all of six of us.”

“Yerin-shi and Eunha-shi, I am sorry to disrupt your routine and privacy, but with this cover, Sinb-shi and Yuju-shi will have to stay together with you. I have cleared with your father on the accommodation and he informed me that you have an extra room. So, Sinb and Yuju will stay there. Furthermore, we have to install and upgrade security of your home and vehicles. I also have taken the liberty Yerin-shi to inform your research professors about Sinb’s presence. I hope that our presence will not be a discomfort to both of you”, explained Sowon lengthily.

“Thank you Team Leader Kim. I am satisfied and grateful to you. Please take all necessary action that you deemed important and let me know if you need anything from my part. I have to go right now for another meeting. Once again, thank you Team Leader Kim. Please protect them well. They are all I have…,” with that Minister Jung give a 90-degree bow, followed by Yerin and Eunha, to Sowon and the team which they respond respectfully to the Jungs.