[ ☆ ] 014.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean ‘bound to stand until the end of time’?” Joohyun proceeded to press on, but everyone in that room knew exactly what that statement meant. Seungwan turned her attention to the brunette, still wounded from the events that she thought she could’ve taken care of. Come to find that it was nothing she could do or even attempt to fix. It wasn’t hers to touch. It wasn’t anyone’s to touch as a bond like theirs was never meant to be touched.

 

“It means that-” Seungwan began, but Miyoung shook her head. “I know what it means.”

 

“He’s your twin flame.” Seungwan continued, regardless of Miyoung stating that she already knew. “You met your twin flame.”

 

Joohyun had a look of confusion plastered on her features while the psychic medium seemed to notice the confused look on all her friends’ feature. “Not many people have a twin flame – many just have your typical soulmate. Now a twin flame has a deeper connection, sometimes twin flames come into one another’s life to change something – like there’s a significant reason for them to come into your life. It’s like…. you meet yourself when you meet your pair. Most people meet their twin flame early on in life, but… it seems that Mi came across hers through his entity – his spirit. It kind of explains why he was so attached to you. Maybe the Baekhyun – the comatose one – is a lot like our Miyoung.” Seungwan pointed towards the brunette, who sat there rather confused. She knew her soulmate was Sehun – maybe he’s her platonic soulmate, but she wasn’t expecting for Baekhyun to be more than someone who tormented her.

 

A sigh escaped Miyoung lips as she threw herself back to lay back onto her hospital bed. Her life has significantly changed, and her life was screwed as it was.

 

“My life is done for.”

 

“Don’t say that,” Sooyoung encouraged, holding a hand on the brunette’s shoulder. “Having a twin flame isn’t always a bad thing. It just means you’ve found the one.” But Seungwan shook her head. She knew some people who were twin flames, but not everything was ‘meant to be’. The number of times this job has given her a kick in the bottom, she’s seen how some people were at misery while some were at peace with the universe’s choice. “Just because he’s ‘the one’, doesn’t mean she’d end up with him. Sometimes twin flames seem to miss the idea that their partner is right in front of them. Most times they marry other people and end up severing their own ties.”

 

“Again,” Miyoung breathed, “my life is done for.”

 

The former comatose Baekhyun held a smile. Sure, it was a mere smile, but it was smile in her direction as he listened to her. He nodded his head as his eyes followed her finger, making mental note. Then it hit him when she turned around. The small, quiet gasp didn’t go unnoticed by Baekhyun as he stared at her just as surprised as she looked. Why did she look so familiar to him? Like he’s seen her somewhere.

 

 

The brunet cleared his throat as he held a smile again towards her direction: “Third floor to the left.” He repeated, nodding his head as he took a step to the right. “Um, thank you.” He said as he dipped his head in a quick bow. He moved around her, noticing that she was still in shock – was it shock? He wouldn’t know. All he knew was that he needed to get to his appointment as quickly as possible. After his freak accident, his brother told him that he went into a long coma that they almost unplugged him if it wasn’t for his mother. But it seemed like nothing happened to him after he awoke from his comatose state. His doctor really thought that he had some sort of brain damage, but it wasn’t showing in his recent scans before he left the hospital. Now, he’s back for another scan just to make sure that he wasn’t damaged. Baekhyun found his way to the elevator, waiting for the lift to make it to the main floor. His head occasionally turned to the brunette that he’d run into – realizing that she was no longer there. There was something about her that made him question: Where has he seen her before?

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

 

Miyoung flinched at the new coming voice. Her head turned in the direction of the voice as Taeyong stood before her. His eyes showed concern – the same concern he’s held since she went into full nurse mode when Sehun was residing in the hospital. Miyoung blinked a few times before feigning a smile that she knew wouldn’t convince Taeyong. He was too smart for her liking and could read her like a book. “I’m fine,” she uttered, nodding her head slightly, “why? What’s up?” She questioned while Taeyong kept his eyes on his boss, his friend. He certainly wasn’t convinced at all. “You zoned out, and I know you,” he said, “you’ve got something on your mind.”

 

 

Dang.

 

 

She knew it. Taeyong could really read her like a book. “There’s nothing wrong, Tae,” she laughed off, shaking her head as she held her clipboard close to her chest despite knowing that she had to sign the paperwork for the nurse across the counter. Taeyong, though, wasn’t so convinced but he let it slide because he knew that eventually – whatever it was – she’d tell him later if she wanted to. Or it was probably just work related and she didn’t want to stress anyone. She was a CNO, a lot is on her mind if she’s balancing her own work and Sehun’s. She was signing off on everything from nurses of all departments. He knew that she was basically running around all parts of the hospital, getting things done. If she didn’t exist or left this position, all hell would burn in this hospital – it wouldn’t be standing if it wasn’t for her hard work. “Whatever you say,” he finally replied, shrugging his shoulders as reached over to place one of the binders onto the station area. “Do you want to go get something to eat later? Dinner?” Taeyong mentioned while Miyoung blinked. But she agreed, considering it was going to be a long day.

 

 

“I’m working the night shift tonight too, and knowing you – you probably didn’t bring food,” Taeyong said. He was aware that she had snacks and what not in her office, but actual food – she didn’t pack even if she knew she had to work all night long.

 

 

Miyoung rolled her eyes, a smile gracing her lips as she placed the clipboard down to sign and return to the nurse waiting for it. “Whatever, Tae,” she uttered, but she didn’t say anymore because he was right, and he even knew it. A grin plastered the male’s lips as he nudged her slightly before walking away: “Meet me here at eight!” He shouted from where he was down the hall. This caused her to shake her head and walk the opposite direction of where Taeyong was going. “Miyoung!” A voice shouted towards her, stopping her in her tracks. “If it isn’t my favorite patient!” She exclaimed, a smile gracing her lips. She was genuinely happy to see him, always. “How are you, Doyoung?”

 

 

Poor thing.

 

 

She thinks. He was still in the hospital, and sometimes she wished he’d be able to go home, go to school. “The doctor says that if I’m better, I can go home.” He said as the nurse rolled him closer to her. The brunette bent down to his level, giving him a smile. “You’re a strong boy, buddy. I know you’ll get to go home.” She said, her hand on his arm as his eyes met hers. She could see the sorrow of the boy – who constantly had surgeries and prolonged his stay in the hospital. “You think?” He questioned sadly, and it made her heart clinch. “Of course, I do,” she said, and it brought a small smile onto her lips. She glanced up to the nurse holding the wheelchair, nodding that she’d take over. The nurse mentioned to her that Doyoung was now residing on the neurology side of the hospital, and his room number.

 

 

It didn’t cross her mind; she simply thanked the nurse and took over pushing Doyoung to his room. “Are you okay, Miyoung?” He questioned, slightly turning his head to glance up at the tired nurse. The brunette looked down and smile. “Of course, I’m okay,” she said, giving the boy a reassuring smile. “Why wouldn’t I be?” Doyoung turned his head forward, shoulders shrugging with a pout gracing his lips. “I don’t know,” he muttered, “I just thought he was bothering you again…. Is he?” For someone so young, he understood so much. He had so much more courage than her and she didn’t know how she couldn’t be like him. “No,” she chuckled, pushing the boy towards the elevator. “Not in a while,” she added. Though, she didn’t want to explain to him that Baekhyun is an actual blood and flesh person. Living and breathing. It would be too much for the boy, and his brain was healing. Doyoung reached forward, pressing the button to return to the third floor. “That’s good,” he replied, his tiny hands resting in his lap while the elevator opened for their access. “Well, he can’t bother me if he’s not here anymore,” Miyoung mentioned to the boy as they entered the elevator.  Doyoung reached over to press the button back up to the third floor – which didn’t take long as it was their next stop.

 

“Nurse Kim!” a voice stunned her as she turned her back towards the voice the moment that she exited the elevator. It was the doctor that saved Sehun’s life – well, one of them. “Doctor Yang,” she greeted with a smile, but that smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter