[ ☆ ] 006.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He takes your soul?” Joohyun sputtered, her voice apparently way too loud for her. It was like a constant reminder, of course, since Seungwan told her about it. Luckily, it was her day off the next day, and Joohyun’s. The female decided to join the brunette at her home. Junmyeon seemingly not minding it because he knew that it was good for his younger sister to have more friends who aren’t the male specimen. The two females had decided to invite Seungwan as well – well, Miyoung needed to for more information regarding on how she could connect with her emotions. Which leads to the fact that Seungwan stating that she’d bring charms to set around Junmyeon and Miyoung’s shared home. However, her mind reeled back to the night prior.

 

“He takes my soul?”

 

There was disbelief in Miyoung’s voice and Seungwan nodded sadly – but her eyes showed determination to help the brunette in any way possible. “Once he’s taken over you completely, you lose yourself and your soul becomes his for eternity. Your life, the one you live now will no longer be yours to control.” Yet again, fear strikes her. A chilling feeling going down her spine once again because she knows that once she steps out of the protection of this home, he’d be waiting for her out there. “I’m not going to let it happen, Miyoung, I promise.” Seungwan promised, a hand reaching over to grasp the brunette’s hand with reassurance. Sure, the brunette tried to smile, but it didn’t reach hurt eyes and it surely didn’t help her be at ease. Miyoung was so terrified, but like Seungwan said – she needed to connect with her fear and anxiety. “Um,” Miyoung stuttered, “h-how do I connect with… you know?” Her eyes trailed to the physic, curiosity in her eyes. “If I want to him to leave me alone, I have to learn to not be scared, right?”

 

Seungwan nodded slowly, retracting her hand back. A sigh left her lips while her eyes trailed the brunette: “Hypnosis, therapy? You could discuss with a shaman to help with the healing process.” Shock seemed to be the expression that seemed to stick with Miyoung since her arrival. “Therapy,” she repeated. “Like... psychologist therapy?” Seungwan smiled, nodding her head. “Though, if you want to self-heal yourself, I can take lend you books to ease your mind, find the reason why you’re so fearful and full of anxiety. But we already know the reason – your coworker’s death.”

 

“Mina’s death… it wasn’t accidental.” Miyoung uttered, eyeing the psychic who seemed to have raised her brow in question.

 

“It was because of him, huh?”

 

“The day before, all I did was complain about how lazy she was – and I said something along the lines of ‘I wish she’d just quit or fall into a hole or something’ and the next thing I know… I hear this voice in my head then the next thing,” Miyoung clamped shut, motioning on that Seungwan knew what happened next. “He showed me images that I can’t unsee, Seungwan,” she muttered, her fingers fiddling together – avoiding the tea that sat idly in the space between her arms. “Blood and gory. Agony and pain.” she added. “People I’ve never seen in my life, and yet I’ve seen the endgame for them.” Seungwan let out another sigh – probably the one-hundredth one since they’ve been talking. “He plants them to get a reaction out of you,” the psychic mentioned. It only made since if he did. All the fear and torment started somewhere – the hospital. Never once had she been a victim of a haunting. But Seungwan explained it wasn’t a haunting – but an attachment. An obsession.

 

Every little image he placed in her head showed that he wanted her fear – her anxiety and torment. It’s how he grew stronger, bolder. “Look, I’ll do some research on him – what he was like as a person. If he was a person.” She remembers telling her that he had a name, one that he went by. “I’ll have Sooyoung help me with the research, and we’ll get in contact with you if we find anything.” Miyoung nodded her furiously, thanking Seungwan again for all that she’s doing to help. The nurse took a deep breath, eyeing the psychic once more: “How do I protect myself in the meantime?” Seungwan hummed, moving away from the kitchen island and swiftly to the living room. “Joo told me one time that Junmyeon’s Buddhist,” she uttered allowing Miyoung to follow with a nod. “I only assume that you’re Buddhist too.” Seungwan turned her head just as the brunette agreed to the information.

 

Seungwan gave her a smile, pulling out a necklace and what seemed to be a miniature Buddha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter