[ ☆ ] 010.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 She could feel his presence, or maybe that she’s just feeling his energy from his comatose body. The sound of the ventilator screeched around her, keeping her from going insane in the silence of waiting for the demonic Baekhyun to show himself. The thing about her standing here, over Baekhyun’s sleeping body, felt different. Such different vibes from the one she knew and the one laying here. But the intensity of her hatred blinded her due to the fact that the Baekhyun she knew had put her through all she knew of hell. Seungwan helped her so much to the point that she was able to find his actual body. Now, Miyoung was just… angry.

 

“Baekhyun, come out,” she gritted as her fists formed in front of her. They rested on the bedside of the comatose Baekhyun, and she was fuming. It felt like everything inside of her was bubbling, and it’s seeping her pores as quickly as she feels the anger. “You destroyed every inch of my life. I couldn’t go through a normal day without being scared that you are going to kill me or the people I love. I couldn’t do anything until I got stronger – strong enough to get someone to help me. So, you don’t get the opportunity to hide from me! You don’t get to sit back in the shadows while my best friend laid in a coma. You don’t get to see me fear the idea that he might die because of you. Come out and face me, you coward!” She exclaimed, quietly enough for no one to hear her outside the walls of Baekhyun’s lavishly expensive hospital room. She looked up to glance around the room, hoping that the son of a gun would show his pitiful, evil face. “You know,” a voice called out and she knew exactly who it belonged to. She turned her body around, her skin forming goosebumps – not because she was scared or startled, but because of his aura. His pure seeping evil aura. “That was a lovely speech. I applaud you for being so ‘brave’, but if there is something that you should never do – you should never taunt me.” He growled, his eyes glowering, and he was now in front of her. Their faces so close, but she wasn’t going to back down this time. Miyoung stood with her head held high, and she equally matched Baekhyun’s glare. “I am many things, but I nowhere near a coward, sweetheart,” he said, stepping closer and closer to her as her feet moved on its own accord. To the point where the back of her knees bumped against Baekhyun’s hospital bed.

 

“You are a coward, Byun Baekhyun,” Miyoung gritted angrily, and there was a look of surprise on his face. As if he was extremely surprised that she knew his full name. “What, didn’t think I’d find out about you? You didn’t think that my people wouldn’t dig deep into your history? Or you didn’t think that we’d find your actual body?!” She screeched angrily, more like the fact that only she and him can hear. Baekhyun took a step back as Miyoung stepped aside, revealing to the demon his comatose body. His eyes cowered towards his laying body. His sleeping figure’s hair jet black and getting longer for as long as he laid there. “Did you find it fun?” She questioned, her eyes b with tears as she stared at her tormentor. “Did you have fun killing people, tormenting them? Or was I the only victim who had people die or hurt around her every day because nothing went your way?” Baekhyun seemed to be in shock. Maybe because he genuinely believed that is detached soul is a lot stronger than he’d like to believe – that he didn’t have a body to return to. He’s been to the underworld and more. He had a reputation of being evil – killing made him evil. Tormenting and eating away at souls that are weak to make him stronger.

 

But now?

 

Miyoung dug too deep, and his soul was pulling back to his body – no. He didn’t want that. “Cat got your tongue, tough guy?” She mocked. His head turned to her, glare no more in his eyes but they were present in hers. She’s fuming with anger, and he knew it. Her energy seemed to be stronger and less filled with fear than when he first met her. He attached himself to her and willingly killed people in her path because he wanted to. He wanted her soul, to consume it because it was weak. Yet, she’s the first one to fight him back. And she knew exactly how to fight him back now. “What difference does this make, sweetheart?” He questioned this time. He stepped away and rounded towards her – eyes simmering with the same tension in hers. “You think that because you found my body, I’m going to magically enter my body? No, no, sweetheart, no.” His evil toothy grin showed, and Miyoung stepped back again. This time towards the entrance. “I make the decisions. I am the one that makes the rules. I’m stronger than I will ever be outside of that weak body. You can’t stop me even if you tried.”

 

Miyoung’s emotions now boiled further than she’d like it to be. “Your best friend? Don’t think he’d cheat death,” Baekhyun said as he stepped back. Miyoung held her fists tightly against her side. She wanted to scream. “I told you,” the brunette gnashed, “take me instead. If you lay just one finger on him, I promise you I will destroy you.” She wanted to say more, but the safety of that man lying in the hospital bed is a more of a priority to her than Baekhyun. Sehun meant the world to her, and if he ceased to exist? Well, hell will break loose. Miyoung’s not going down without a fight. The brunette her heel as she yanked the door open. Baekhyun’s evil soul staring down her retrieving figure. She could feel it go down her spine, but determination was a pep in her step.

 

“Oh, Nurse Kim,” the nurse at the front desk called out as Miyoung stopped, eyeing the girl. “Yes?” She called out, and the girl smiled softly to the brunette. “I have a couple of files here that need to be signed off, and I know that you’re not on duty, but I just wanted to know who we report to on your behalf.” Truthfully, Miyoung had decided to take off in order to take care and be there for Sehun. A valid question if you asked her. Miyoung let out a soft sigh and smiled to the nurse, “Report to Lee Taeyong, he’s taking over for me while I’m on temporary leave.” The nurse nodded her head, making note so the other nurses would know too. A thank you slipped the nurse’s lips as Miyoung was on her way.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“How is he? Any change?” The brunette questioned as she stepped back into the room. Junmyeon looked up and shook his head. Sehun was the same the way she had left him several long minutes ago. She knew it was a long shot to expect Sehun to wake up – yet she’s blaming Baekhyun for the way that her best friend is right now. She stood behind Junmyeon’s chair, her hand resting just behind his shoulders. “How long do you think he’ll be like this, Mi?” He questioned, breaking the silence that engulfed the intensive care room. Miyoung let out a shaky sigh, shaking her head: “I don’t know, Myeon. Days, maybe weeks. Months even.” She said, though, she didn’t want to lose the hope that she had in her. Sehun’s a fighter. Time is their only saving grace to heal and pray that he’s internally fixed.

 

The Kim siblings watched over the male, praying in their minds for the male to be okay. “Don’t you have work to do, Myeon?” Miyoung asked, glancing down to her older brother. “You don’t have to sit here. I can sit with him if you have a lot of work on your hands.” Junmyeon, though, waved his hand in dismissal. She knew how much of a workaholic he is, and she’s grateful that he’s their provider. In the years that she’s seen him work in the business field, she’s never seen him take breaks unless he was traveling around for work – he had a couple of days off. “I took a few days off.” Junmyeon replied. “Told them it’s a family emergency.” Miyoung let out a sigh. At least she isn’t alone in the idea of waiting for Sehun – where she’d consume her thoughts with negativity just to make her feel better of the situation. “We only have each other, Mi,” Junmyeon uttered sorrowfully, eyes still focused on Sehun. “If we lose just one of us, then what’s the point? We grew up together, and we don’t ever leave each other behind.”

 

“I know, Myeon, I know,” she whispered, a hand resting on her brother’s shoulder as a sign of comfort. Maybe the whole waiting around and hoping that Sehun gets better is really hurting them more than they expected. Not one of them has ever been injured like this, so it sends them to the edge of having to worry about losing each other.

 

 

A week later…

 

To say that Miyoung could go home and sleep in the comforts of her own bed made her a bit happy. Junmyeon had convinced her that staying by Sehun’s side wasn’t going to do anything other than hover over the injured man. He suggested that she went home to freshen up, take a nap if she needed since she didn’t have much to worry about. But she had lots to worry about. Baekhyun’s evil soul still wandered around, attempting to torment her and anyone he can latch onto. It’s not easy to avoid the idea of him. Seungwan had entertained the idea of going to see his body, hopefully to get his evil soul to get back into his comatose body. With each passing day, his body is slowly decaying because his body cannot survive without his soul.

 

“Why am I not surprised that you went to go see him,” Joohyun complained as they sat around in her office. In the past four days, Miyoung refus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter