[ ☆ ] 008.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun held a smirk on his lips as he disappeared.

 

“No, wait!”

 

She called out, but he was out of her sight. Miyoung glanced around, hoping he just disappeared to mess with her. But he weas nowhere around. She knew that he was playing with her – playing with every last bit of her emotions. The brunette became frustrated, but she remembers Joohyun laying on the floor. She ran around her desk, gliding down beside the businesswoman as she placed her hands around Joohyun’s shoulders. “Are you okay?” She asked while Joohyun stared up to the brunette. She’s fine, judging by her expression. Her shoulder, though, was sore but the look on Joohyun’s features showed something else. “What did you do, Mi?” Joohyun whispered, her palms pressed against the cold floor. “What the hell did you do?” She repeated herself, and Miyoung knew it was the stupidest move, but she needed to save her best friend.

 

What was she going to do if she didn’t have Sehun in her life?

 

He’s always been there for her. He’s always been her rock, the person she leaned on no matter what the situation was. And when she wanted to be there for him – do what she thought was the best thought (letting Baekhyun take her) – there he was lying with his body exposed on an operation table. “I need to fix this, Joo,” she said breathlessly, almost in tears. She tried so hard to be strong, but Miyoung hit her breaking point. Joohyun sat up, her hand resting on her lower back where she collided with the wall. “Let me call Seungwan, Mi, let her help you.” She said, but the brunette had already gone over her head. “I…” Miyoung uttered, looking around. She really wanted to know where Baekhyun disappeared off to. Did she want to risk it? Did she want Seungwan on his territory and risk Sehun’s life?

 

“Mi,” a voice called out breathlessly, trying his best to catch his breath. Their eyes turned to the doorway. Taeyong leaned his hand against the door while he bent to catch his breath. “Sehun’s out of surgery – they’re transporting him to intensive care.” He said, and her eyes widened. “What happened?” She asked, wanting to know how his surgery went. “They want to talk to you,” Taeyong called out while Miyoung helped Joohyun onto her feet. The brunette turned her attention to the female. “Go, Mi,” Joohyun whispered, nodding her head that she was fine. The impact was hard, but she was fine. Miyoung had to go talk to the doctor, get an update on Sehun. She nodded to the female as she nudged her head towards the door. Miyoung looked down, letting out a shaky sigh. She leaned forward, whispering into Joohyun’s ear: “Call her.”

 

Joohyun glanced at the female with widened eyes while Miyoung pulled away and nodded. She let go of Joohyun’s hand while she walked out with Taeyong trailing behind her. “Did they say what injuries he sustained?” She asked while Taeyong shook his head: “They wanted you to be there.”

 

“Of course, they did,” she breathed while the two made their way to the third floor. Taeyong tried his best to console her as they waited for the elevator to take them to their next destination. She was thankful for him being there. She was thankful for the friends she and Sehun’s made because they all became so close to one another – and they all have each other’s backs. She didn’t know where else would be the perfect place to work with friends if it wasn’t for this hospital.

 

Taeyong noticed the brunette’s shaky hands and he tried his best to sooth her anxiety away. But he knew that Sehun meant a lot to her – to everyone who knows him. The whole hospital was there for him. “Breathe, Mi,” Taeyong said, grasping her hand just to stop her from shaking so much. Miyoung closed her eyes, the elevator felt like it was taking forever to get them to the third floor as her office was on the second floor. She let out a sigh as she nodded her head to Taeyong’s words. “Thank you,” she whispered just as the elevator dinged. The two exited the elevator immensely fast while Junmyeon and Youngho came into sight. Junmyeon held his hand out to the brunette and she took it without a doubt. “The doctor’s waiting,” he uttered softly, allowing Miyoung to walk past him and into Sehun’s intensive care room. “Nurse Kim,” the doctor called out while Miyoung looked up, a small smile on her lips. But her smile didn’t reach her eyes. Her eyes focused on Sehun. His head wrapped and his arm in a cast. Well, as far as she could see. She stepped forward, her hand holding onto Sehun’s carefully. Miyoung let out a shaky sigh as she lifted her head to look at the doctor – the neurology doctor whose department she runs – doctor Yang

 

“How is he?”

 

“He is in critical condition, but his surgery went well.” Doctor Yang uttered while checking Sehun’s pupils. “He went into surgery with two fractures: his arm and his ribs. His heart stopped twice, and he had a brain aneurysm. I went in and operated on that, but he’s fine now. Well, fine as he can be.” He uttered while wiping his forehead. Sehun’s loved by everyone in the hospital as she is as well, and when they see a nurse that runs their hospital in a hospital bed – it’s hard. “He lost a lot of blood throughout the surgery. His body sustained so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter