[ ☆ ] 009.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?”

 

The words came out of Miyoung’s lips as her eyes were just as wide as she could possibly go. Seungwan, though, didn’t seem as phased as Joohyun and Miyoung – perhaps because she already knew of the situation. Her and Sooyoung because they found the information – the shock would have processed with them. “What do you mean he’s not dead?” Joohyun questioned, a hand placed on Miyoung’s while the brunette eyed the files in front of her. They were all about Baekhyun, and none of the information went passed Seungwan and Sooyoung. A sigh escaped the psychic as she moved forward in her seat: “Byun Baekhyun, born May sixth of ninety-two,” she started, “but before I get into detail of what he’s like in life – I need to get this out of the way… I thought, I really thought that he’s a supernatural being. I mean, he is – his form right now, he’s a supernatural being. I thought he’s a beast, the strongest entity that can kill anyone and anything in its way, but Baekhyun? I think his story is completely different.” Miyoung furrowed her brows, eyes focused on her psychic friend. “He killed someone, Seungwan – he almost killed Sehun that I offered him to take me instead! How is his story any different?!”

 

Joohyun turned her attention, a hand placed on the brunette’s shoulder in attempts to calm her down.

 

Seungwan blinked, mouth ajar before she continued: “Baekhyun is still as dangerous as I assumed him to be. His soul is detached from his body – okay, it’s kind of like astro projection.” “Like the out of body experience thing?” Joohyun questioned. She wanted to know more because she worried about her friend, and she wanted it to all end in a peaceful manner. She wanted to be able to help Miyoung had she runs into trouble. Seungwan nodded: “It’s like that, but in one of the files – Baekhyun sustained a serious life or death injury that caused him to go into a coma. His report said that he flatlined on the operation table three times before they got his heart to start again. With all the loss of blood he went through, he couldn’t find a brain function, so he’s been in a coma since. And I want to assume that his body is somewhere in this hospital if his soul wandered the hospital and attached himself to you.” Miyoung leaned back against her chair, a stunned expression plastered her features because it has gotten to her. It made sense, if she were to put it together. “But why would he kill Mina?” That was the question she wanted answered. If he’s a pure soul, but his soul left his body while his body was still breathing – why would he kill someone she complained about being lazy? “That’s the thing,” Seungwan uttered, eyes full of concern, “I think Baekhyun’s soul has been detached from his body for so long that he’s become lost and the only way for him to feel alive is becoming the beast entity that we talked about. He attached himself to you because of all the emotions that you displayed and killing people… it made him stronger. His soul became strong enough to commit acts.”

 

“Can his soul turn evil?”

 

It was a valid question that Joohyun had and Miyoung nodded her head to the question, wondering if it is possible. “It’s possible that he touched evil before he attached himself to Mi,” Seungwan said. The brunette let out a shaky breath. She was so stunned by the information Seungwan and Sooyoung have found for her sake. It was becoming too much for her to comprehend. “Now Byun Baekhuyn, as a person, he’s a business owner. Apparently, he owns that business called Privé Alliance Inc.” Miyoung’s eyes perked up. She’s heard about this business from Junmyeon before. Joohyun, too, has mentioned it before because they were going to sign a partnership with the company, but it didn’t fall through due to an accident with their boss. It clicked for Joohyun too because her head perked up at the name of the company. “He’s the owner?” She questioned while Seungwan nodded. “When he went into a coma, his brother took over the company for him until Baekhyun came back. And when I got here, I said I need your help, Mi, and I do – just to confirm if our findings were right.”

 

Miyoung nodded her head, sitting up properly as she glanced to the psychic. “What do you need for me to do?” She questioned and Seungwan moved forward to flip through the files: “One of the files said that he was transported here for surgery, and I want to know if his body is residing in this hospital. Fortunately for us, you work here, and you have access to patient files.” Miyoung nodded once again as she moved forward, starting up her desktop. Thank the Lords that she’s one of the CNOs here – she could have access to any patient file if she needed and this was one of the times that she really needed the information. Miyoung nodded for several times now, and all she can do is wait until the screen was accessible.It was several minutes until her screen was logged in – Seungwan and Joohyun rounded her desk and stood behind her with curiosity soon overcoming them. Miyoung’s attention focused on her computer screen as she pulled up the patient portal to the hospital. She entered her work information, allowing her full access to the portal. Seungwan had a strong gut feeling that Baekhyun’s body might be here – in her hospital. “W-What if you’re wrong?” Miyoung questioned as she waited for the screen to load. “Mi, trust me,” Seungwan uttered, placing her hand on the brunette’s shoulder. “It’s not a gut feeling. I know he’s here. His energy… it’s strong here.”

 

Well, dammit.

 

Now, she can’t argue with a psychic. Seungwan’s the only person who was able to help her, so arguing with her would be as pointless as it could be. Miyoung sat quietly as she nodded her head, the system finally pulling up onto her screen. A sigh escaped her lips as she leaned closer to her keyboard. She pulled the search screen up and typed in Baekhyun’s information. His name, his birthday.

 

The screen loaded and loaded until it didn’t anymore.

 

One result pulls up.

 

She clicked on the result.

 

“Oh my god,” Joohyun breathed while Miyoung stared at her screen lifelessly. She couldn’t breathe, in the shocked manner. “We were right,” Seungwan breathed, exhaling the breath she didn’t even know she was holding. Miyoung, though, could be seen turning blue – she’s forgetting to breathe until Joohyun shook her shoulders. The brunette gasped in the air she needed, shock still in her system. “We were right,” Seungwan repeated, reaching passed the brunette to scroll down the patient profile. Baekhyun’s comatose body laid here in hospital, and Miyoung didn’t even know it. She was too busy being scared of him that she didn’t even think to venture through her hospital. Well – she technically couldn’t because she didn’t know he’s human. Human in a coma with his soul completely out of his body. A soul that turned evil after a long time away from his body. His soul evil enough to commit murder to a nursing staff. To many people, if she knew any better. She knew nothing about him, other than the way he looked and sounded. “Where’s this room?” Seungwan queried, wondering where Baekhyun’s room laid. Miyoung knew every floor, every room – except the relatively exclusive ones. “VIP floor,” Miyoung whispered, her voice cracking as she came to her conscious. “Then let’s go!” Seungwan exclaimed, retracting her body back up and looking relatively excited to finally know that she and Sooyoung were right – that they were onto something. “Didn’t you say that his soul detached from his body?” Miyoung questioned and Seungwan nodded. “So, is he a lost soul that refuses to go back into his body? Or does he know that his body is a lying vegetable in a fancy suit?”

 

“That’s…. I wouldn’t know until we were up there,” Seungwan uttered with slight confusion in her voice. Maybe she didn’t know as much as Miyoung did about his detached soul – other than the fact that he’s dangerous with a touch of evil in him.

 

“Wait, wait, wait,” Joohyun stopped, her hand motioned in front of her towards the psychic. “We can’t just walk up there and expect nothing to miraculously happen! Do you even have a plan?” “Well, no –” Seungwan uttered, her hand motioning front of her as well. “Then we’re not going up there,” Miyoung replied, shaking her head as she closed out of the patient portal as quickly as she could. Though, his room number ingrained in her mind as she shut down the app. “Not until you have a plan. We’re not walking into his territory – you said it yourself that he’s strong as ever.” Seungwan let out a huff with crossed arms as she agreed reluctantly. “Fine, I’ll go home and come up with a game plan. When I do, we’re going in there. Sound f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter