[ ☆ ] 015.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun couldn’t really take his mind of the CNO he’s seen walking all around the hospital, working and greeting patients and their family members with a tired smile. He remembered his doctor telling him how overworked she was and how her best friend and co-worker was healing through a terrible accident. Over the course of him being awake – and luckily alive – he would have to visit the hospital for continuous check-ups on his brain. His motor functions and lobes seemed normal, hence giving the doctors treating him quite the surprise that there was no damage to his brain. Not even a single scratch of his frontal or parietal lobes. The lobes that gave him cognitive functions and processing motors. He was equally surprised that he came out unscathed.   

 

Even then, he’s back to work. Like any other day before his accident that left him comatose. His company took a major hit while he was gone and the person that ‘tried’ to salvage it was his brother. To which it didn’t succeed to his liking; therefore, Baekhyun was currently working to relaunch his brand. His doctor told him not to stress his brain, but it seems as though he’s doing just that. Truth be told, he’s so grateful for all his employees and secretary who stays and helps him work on new designs and all.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

The sound of his older brother’s voice pulled him out of his thoughts as they sat in the café for a lunchbreak. A much needed one, apparently, by his mother. Baekhyun’s eyes rose to stare at his brother – features emotionless. “I’m fine,” Baekhyun retorted with a thin smile, “why?” His brother seemed concerned, eyeing him as though he didn’t believe in the words that be spewing out of Baekhyun’s mouth. “You seem distracted.”

 

That he was.

 

His mind seemed to reel back to the brunette every time. He felt like he’s met her before – but he knew he hasn’t because he remembers everyone he meets. From business partners to friends or even family. It’s a little difficult to get her out of his mind. He still can’t exactly figure out where he’s seen her other than the hospital. That’s a topic he’ll eventually have to figure out later.

 

“A little,” Baekhyun replied, reaching for his cup of coffee that now went cold. “Just with everything as it is, it’s a lot to occupy in one’s mind.” Baekhyun knew his brother couldn’t disagree due to the fact of everything going on with Privé. It’s a lot for a person. It’s like he’s launching his brand all over again. “You’re diving in too fast, Baek,” his brother mentioned, taking a sip of his own coffee. “You just came out of coma and you’re already back to work. Don’t you think you should take it slow?”

 

Baekhyun knew his family meant well, but it felt suffocating when all they did was breathe down his neck and wondering if he’s okay to do this or to do that. He understood his status and he understood the fame he’s gotten from his successful company.

 

But his family suffocated him.

 

No.

 

His brother suffocated him.

 

They lived off him – not that he minded giving his parents money from time to time. Sometimes they reject the money he gives them because it was his hard earning money. Though, it felt like it was the only way he could repay his parents for raising him and all. But his brother? Since his return from the hospital – his brother still acted as though he was standing CEO and would not back down when it came to Baekhyun coming in and fixing what the older male damaged.

 

“I am,” the brunet admitted, placing his coffee back down. “But you have to admit that one can overthink a lot when he’s been away from his handmade company after a year.”

 

The two brothers soon sat in silence as Baekhyun’s brother seemed to have no words to Baekhyun’s response. The brunet wasn’t exactly wrong, especially since Baekhyun was good at multi-tasking. It still reels his brain though. But whatever Baekhyun says, goes, right? Baekhyun’s eyes attached to his watch sitting on his wrist as he thinned his lips and looked at his brother: “Well, I’ve got to go, but I’ll see you later.” The brunet said, getting up from his seat. Truth be told, he doesn’t have anywhere to be – but he did want some time alone before he returned to his office.

 

 

The mindless wandering got Baekhyun in his thoughts, his hands in his pockets as he kept his head down while the sounds of cars drove passed him. The bustling street allowed him to occupy his thoughts – passing through his mind every other minute. Most of the time he seemed to just walk.

 

It gave him some ease.

 

“God, I’m so sorry,” a female voice chuckled as she rammed into him. His thoughts gone as he blinked – his suit wasn’t stained, but he did see things fall from her bag. “Oh, no worries,” he uttered, bending down, and retrieving it for her. It appears its medical equipment – a stethoscope and a note pad. His head lifted as a smile plastered his lips, but his smile fell. “Thank you,” she uttered, reaching out to retrieve her items. Her eyes looked up and her own smile fell.

 

“Baekhyun,” she uttered, shocked as if she’s surprised to see him again. It was the female whose been on his mind from the moment he ran into her the first time. Their meetings had always been unconventional – always running into each other. Literally. A smile once again plastered his lips, “Miyoung.” He said, tucking his hands back into his pocket. “We need to stop meeting this way,” he said, teasingly as a slight smirk played on his lips. “Running into each other, quite literally.” He spoke. For the first time, he saw her chuckle – laughing at his joke. He had to admit, her laughter was like music to his ears. Miyoung nodded her head in confirmation, and Baekhyun’s eyes settled on her. He’s never really noticed her features before. Her long brunette hair was always tied or in a braid, her clothes out of her scrubs – or even the smile that plastered her lips. Her features were radiant – even through the dark circles under her eyes. She seemed to be at ease. Maybe she wasn’t on the clock, but she always carried her work stuff with her.

 

“I’m sorry, again,” she uttered, eyeing him. “It seems like I’m the one who’s always running into you.”

 

 

Even her soothing voice brought back some déjà vu memory, but he couldn’t recall anything. It’s like blanks. Gaps in his brain. “Well,” Baekhyun uttered, looking down at himself and back to her with a smile on his lips: “there’s not harm done. Any harm to you?” Miyoung mocked his actions before shaking her head with a meek smile.

 

Baekhyun didn’t realize that she was with company as he looked over to the female with shorter hair and another with her hair clipped back. “Oh, hi,” the female with shorter hair said with a smile, “I’m Seungwan.” She introduced before pointing her hand towards their friend: “This is Joohyun.” Miyoung seemed to nod, taking a step towards Seungwan. Her movements seemingly uncomfortable. “Baekhyun, nice to meet you,” he greeted with a smile. They all seem a bit uncomfortable, but then again – he’s a stranger to them. At least they greeted him with some mannerism that most people portray. “Sorry,” he said, looking around at their surrounding – seeing that they were standing in front of a restaurant. “am I interrupting anything?” Seungwan blinked, shaking her head in response for her small group of friends. “We’re just waiting on a free table and their friend to join us. Are we keeping you from anything?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head: “Not really, just taking a break from reality.” He said, mentioning that he’d been wandering around mindlessly for almost an hour now. Sure, he should be back at the office, but they’ll be okay without him for a few hours or so. “Oh,” Seungwan mentioned as she straightened her posture. The woman looked over to the brunette and Joohyun with a questionable look. Baekhyun could tell they were communicating with their eyes as he could spot the communication as clear as day – what they were saying, he wouldn’t know. Maybe it was a thing with women – they could communicate just by looking at one another. It’s incredible if Baekhyun would say so. Miyoung then heaved a sigh and looked over to Baekhyun with doe eyes.

 

“Would you like to join us for lunch, Baekhyun?” She asked, and the question really shocked him. To them, he was a stranger. “I don’t want to intrude,” he replied, taking his hand out of his pocket to wave towards the girls. But Seungwan smiled, shaking her head: “Nonsense! We don’t mind more people joining us for lunch – well, only if you’re free and you want to join us for lunch.”

 

Of course, he was free – sort of. Before he could respond, a male figure came running towards the girls while his arms were thrown around Joohyun and Miyoung. They became startled as they turned their head to look at the newcomer. A smile plastered their lips, allowing Baekhyun to look on. “Sorry I’m late,” the male replied, giving the girls a grinny smile. Seungwan rolled her eyes playfully as the male moved over to hug the shorter haired woman. The male looked over as Baekhyun stood there awkwardly – like he was out of place. He didn’t fit in with their group, or at least he thought he didn’t. “Hi,” the male breathed, looking at the brunet as he saw the girls were talking to the brunet beforehand. The male adjusted the hems of his shirt and tugged his pants up a bit. “I’m Taeyong,” he said, holding his hand out to the businessman. Baekhyun blinked, but took the male’s hand: “Byun Baekhyun, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“You’re Doctor Yang’s miracle patient,” Taeyong gasped. There was a little sparkle in his eyes as he stared at Baekhyun. This allowed Baekhyun to thin his lips and nod his head. “That’s me,” he replied while Miyoung reached over and slapped the male’s shoulder. Taeyong seemed to flinch all while grabbing his shoulder. “Sorry,” he apologized, eyes focused on the brunet, “it’s just… everyone in the hospital is talking about the miracle patient who woke up with no damages to his brain.” Taeyong had a frown on his lips, rubbing his shoulder while the girls rolled their eyes to their friend. The only thing Baekhyun couldn’t understand was how the male knew about him. He knew as much as Miyoung did that the whole hospital heard about him and his miracle brain. It might have been because of that – the fact that he had no brain damage from his comatose days. The signals to his brain seemed to be just fine. Sure, he felt slow every now and then, but he’s still healing. “Sorry, I work at the hospital with Miyoung.”

 

Well, that made sense now to Baekhyun now. Now he knew that Miyoung had many friends who worked in the hospital. The doctors he’s talked to did say that she was well-liked, and many wanted to be close friends with her. Though, she had her group limited to just her and her best friend’s friend circle, and it seems like Taeyong was in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter