[ ☆ ] 012.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are sure you’re going to be okay?” Miyoung questioned as she stood beside Sehun’s hospital bed. Three days and Sehun still was resting in the hospital. His ribcage was healing diligently, and his arm is in the cast that made him itch sometimes. And it made him whinier than he before. And the only person who would understand him and deal with him was none other Miyoung. “I’ll be fine,” Sehun mentioned, resting his head against his pillow. His lips curved into a smile, reassuring her that he’s all good for the night – or the next two nights. “Go have fun with the girls,” he added, “you need it. Especially when you’re back to work soon.”

 

Miyoung smiled, her hand resting on his forearm. “Okay,” she said, nodding her head. Sehun lifted his head with a grin, “Besides, I have Tae and Youngho that I can bother and keep me company.”

 

“Okay, okay,” she said with a laugh. “Call me,” she added, pointing a finger at the male, “but if anything happens!” Sehun rolled his eyes while shaking his head. He’s in the hospital, basically banned from really doing anything but healing. What could possibly happen to him? “Nothing’s going to happen, babe. Now stop worrying and go have fun!” He said, pushing her with his unharmed arm. He shoo’ed her away allowing her to laugh, finally agreeing with leaving.

 

After she left, Miyoung felt her chest tighten and her heartbeat faster than she anticipated for the thing that would happen the next night. Sure, she told her brother and Sehun that she’s spending time with the girls, and they agreed mainly because they believed that it’s nice for her to make friends who are males. They’re okay with the idea of female friends around the brunette. But then again, if it wasn’t for Baekhyun – she wouldn’t have even met the friends that Joohyun hung around with. For that, she’s grateful for it.

 

But it wasn’t just a girl’s night out – not the typical type of girl’s night that people would think about. It was primarily Seungwan’s idea to meet up two nights prior to bringing Baekhyun back into his body because she wanted to go over what she’s planning to do. What her game plan is.

 

“Have fun!”

 

Miyoung heard Sehun shout after her, allowing her to let out a soft laugh and shake her head. A sigh soon left her lips as she made way for the elevator and down the main entrance of the hospital. Joohyun suggested that they meet at the restaurant that they’d frequent just down the street for brunch before they do any kind of planning or hearing out Seungwan.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“This is nerve-wrecking,” Joohyun mentioned, taking a sip of her mimosa. Miyoung, too, couldn’t lie and say that she’s okay with getting this done. But the idea of Baekhyun’s entity disappearing has made her wonder what her life is going to be like if this all succeeds. Is it going to go back to normal? Is she going to be back to walk the halls of her hospital and not be terrified that he’d come out of nowhere and torture her? There was a lot of questions that just needed answers.

 

“Agreed,” Miyoung piped as she leaned back against her chair. Joohyun’s idea for brunch really meant bottomless brunch with unlimited mimosas. Not that Miyoung was complaining. “It’ll be fine,” Seungwan suggested as she reached for the strawberry in the plate of fresh fruits. Joohyun took a gulp of her mimosa and let out a sigh, shaking her head as she placed her glass down onto the table. “What did I get myself into?” She questioned. The businesswoman stared at her glass for a moment’s too long as the other three glanced at her, glasses or utensils in hand and food stopped at mid-chew. “But aren’t you the one who’s into the supernatural stuff?” Miyoung questioned, eyeing her friend with a sort of playful grin.

 

It was an attempt to lighten the mood.

 

“Yeah, but I wasn’t expecting it to be like some Charmed stuff!” Joohyun squeaked, allowing the three to basically stare at one another and back to the businesswoman. “It isn’t all that bad,” Sooyoung suggested as she shrugged her shoulders and lips turning down. “I’ve seen her do some things before, it’s not that bad once you’ve been around her enough.”

 

Joohyun looked up as a waiter came by with a new glass of mimosa for the businesswoman while taking away the previous glass. She glanced over to Sooyoung and mocked a response with sarcasm: “That’s so reassuring, thanks.”

 

“You’re welcome!” Sooyoung uttered joyfully allowing Miyoung and Seungwan to laugh at the response to sarcasm. Joohyun rolled her eyes with a slightly smile as she gulped down her second glass as soon as it was placed before her. There was a look of concern on the three female’s expression while they watched the eldest down the glass. It’s barely afternoon, and it’s too early to be drinking towards intoxication – in Miyoung’s opinion. “Maybe you should calm down with the mimosas, Joo,” Miyoung suggested, her hand reached out to grasp onto the businesswoman’s arm. “We’ve still got a day ahead of us.”

 

“Less drink, more eat,” Sooyoung said, reaching over the table to place some French toast onto Joohyun’s plate. There was a scowl on Joohyun’s features, but nevertheless did she comply and filled her stomach with food rather than the intoxicating liquid.

 

The rest of brunch went on with the idea of not talking about the plan, but rather enjoy each other company while they can. Because when it comes to the next two days, things might change for Miyoung, but she knows that she won’t be abandoned by the three females in her presence.

 

Though, in the peripheral of her vision, Miyoung can spot a shadowy figure watching her. Watching them. She knew who it was, and she could feel the hairs on her back standing up in a way that only Baekhyun was capable of doing. She could feel piercing eyes placed on her as she sat there, sipping on the mimosa before her. But the only thing about it is… his presence feels weaker than before. She’s been so used to feeling him around her with such a strong presence and those red, bloody eyes of his.

 

Who knows if anything will succeed? She wants things to end so she can be at peace knowing that no one will get hurt because of her again.

 

“So,” Seungwan uttered as they all settled in her home. In the protection that of her charms that protected her from Baekhyun the first time she visited the medium’s home. Seungwan held what look like crystals close to her chest as she walked into the living room to place down the white, pearly-like crystals onto the table. “we’re going to use these crystals to protect us – well, you guys,” Seungwan motioned to the three that lounged around the couch, their eyes glancing up to the medium. “But he’s attached to me. Wouldn’t you think that I should not be in the circle?” Miyoung questioned, tilting her head towards Seungwan with a questionable look.

 

The medium pointed her finger towards the brunette and nodded, “Technically, we’re going to place the crystals in all four corners around Baekhyun’s coma body. The fourth one will be laid down once we have him trapped within with his body. But I’ll still need you to sever that attachment he has on you then I’ll do the rest.”

 

“Will it hurt her?” Joohyun asked, concern laced in her voice. “It might… just a little, I don’t really know. His attachment to you was the strongest thing I have ever seen during my time being what I am. From the moment I first met you up until now, it’s strong, so I don’t know if it’ll be painful or not.” Seungwan mentioned towards the brunette, who sat there almost numbly. Her brain was reeling unfortunately. But regardless of how she sat there, she bobbed her head understandingly. Joohyun, too, nodded, patting Miyoung’s leg just because she’s worried about the brunette. It’s her friend – her sister, if she’d put it in any way. She’s grown way too close to the brunette. She didn’t want to see Miyoung get hurt anymore then she’s already been now.

 

 

The time approached a lot faster than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter