[ ☆ ] 013.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is there anything else I can do for you?” The brunette questioned, signing off on a chart for one of the nurses that worked in the many halls that she oversaw. But the nurse shook her head with a smile, thanking Miyoung as she walked in the opposite direction. “Okay,” she breathed, turning to walk away from the nurses’ station in the cardiology wing. She wanted to visit Doyoung, seeing how he hasn’t been able to leave the hospital due to another arising medical condition. The poor boy. He was a lot stronger than Miyoung, and she would always give him credit. But now she needed to build herself to think stronger.

 

However, Miyoung wanted to bang her head against the wall – and concerningly – until her head bled. She felt like she was going to live in a nightmare after a nightmare. Since the day she was in the hospital – which was three weeks ago – she found herself back at work. Sehun had now went home and was resting at home now that his bones were healing properly. The doctor even suggested that the cast on his arm would be able to come off soon. Every now and then, she’d go and stay with him. Helping him whenever he needed it, but he typically had Taeyong or Youngho over to keep him company when neither were working.

 

He felt that Miyoung should take breaks. It wasn’t healthy, in his opinion, to work long hours then come over to his home to take care of him. To cook for him and such. Though, she didn’t mind it because it took her mind off the things that she didn’t want to think about – like Baekhyun or work for example. She found comfort when she was around him or people that she was familiar with. Every now and then, Joohyun would come to the hospital and hang out with Miyoung in her office. They’d go out for lunch or have conversations until Miyoung was called to attend to business as the boss of most nurses in the hospital. Another reason that Sehun wanted her to rest was also because she was working his job as well. Typically, they’d split up the priority, but since it’s just her – it’s longer hours until he’s well enough to come back to work.

 

Sehun was on paid leave until then.

 

A sigh left Miyoung’s lips as she walked down the hall of her department, reviewing charts thoroughly as she could. In the last three weeks, she was in the hospital with a concussion for about week. The next two weeks, she lived in fear thinking that he would be following her again. But she had reoccurring nightmares of Baekhyun. It felt like she was going to live this way forever.

 

She thought Seungwan could do it – and she did, but she didn’t achieve all of it.

 

“About what?” Miyoung questioned, eyes focused on the psychic medium as she ignored the pounding in her head. “What happened?” She countered. “I thought you did it?” This time all three were looking at Seungwan. Joohyun didn’t know what happened, nor did Sooyoung. They naturally assumed everything went according to planned, so then why was Miyoung seeing Baekhyun again? Well, the entity form of him anyway. Seungwan let out a sigh as she placed a hand over the brunette’s leg. Her grip on Miyoung’s leg was gentle, soft.

 

“As you already know, I successfully returned Baekhyun’s soul back into his physical body,” she started. She stared at the white sheets that covered the brunette, her mind in a place of its own as she paused her speech. “And?” Miyoung questioned impatiently. She wanted to know the reason as to why she dreamt of him. Of why she was tangling in the dark with this entity that tormented for so long.

 

It felt so intoxicating, unable to breathe. She just couldn’t stand it anymore.

 

Seungwan cleared . She could feel all the eyes in the room on her again, but she made the attempt to look Miyoung in the eyes to let her know of the situation. “I was close to breaking the bond that you had with Baekhyun. You saw it floating in mid-air.” She explained, giving the brunette leeway to nod her head carefully. “But then I fainted.” Seungwan then nodded her own head as she gave the brunette a weak smile. “The reason why you fainted was because the bond that tied the two of you together was so strong, it almost took the life out of you. Literally.” It was making sense to Miyoung, sort of. She recalled Seungwan telling her that he latched onto her because of her fear and anxiety for him. When she found a way to defend herself against him, he went for the closest thing to her: Sehun and everyone around her. “But then I realized, the bond that floated mid-air disappeared. There was something so much stronger that was affecting you and him. So, I moved on to putting him back into his body, and as you can see – that was one-hundred percent successful.” She spoke.

 

“Wait,” Joohyun held her hand up to the psychic medium, confusion expressed on her features as it very much did on Miyoung’s. “What do you mean ‘something so much stronger’?” Joohyun worried a lot more for Miyoung since she met the girl through her brother. Thankfully, she had a best friend and someone she considered as the sister Miyoung never had. Sooyoung, too, glanced over to Miyoung with a concerned expression that she held onto the brunette’s hand with a soft squeeze to her hand. Seungwan’s silence scared them because she was no longer speaking to them – she was in her mind again. Maybe to formulate words that wouldn’t shock any of them, but maybe she knew that it would anyway.

 

A sigh escaped the medium’s lips as she closed her eyes and shook her head.

 

“I can’t break a bond that wasn’t meant to be broken.” She spoke, startling the brunette and everyone in the room with the two.

 

“Nurse Kim!” Miyoung’s brows rose in question to the sound of her name being called. She turned her body to the newcomer as she offered a sincere, yet tired, smile. “Somin,” she uttered while meeting the nurse from VIP halfway. “What can I do for you?” She asked while the girl stood before head: “I just thought I’d come by and say hello. I thought you might be tired – I heard from some of the nurses that you were taking double shifts until Nurse Oh came back.” Somin uttered as she tilted her head to get a better look at the features of Miyoung’s. The brunette smiled, nodding her head. “Well,” Somin uttered, now getting the confirmation she needed, “I brought you some treats. Thought they might lift your spirits and energy.” Miyoung blinked, her eyes flickering at a cutely wrapped box of sweets as well as a cup of iced coffee. “Oh, Somin,” she uttered softly, taking the gift from the girl, “You didn’t have to, but thank you.” She replied with a genuine smile. “I really appreciate it.”

 

“Well, some of the nurses noticed how hard you’re working to keep all the departments afloat. I know Nurse Lee is helping, but you’re working twice as hard as any CNO I’ve ever seen.”

 

“Well, I appreciate it,” she said with another smile, “please thank the others for me too.” Miyoung was just about to turn around and make her way to her office when Somin stopped her again. “Yes?” She called out, brows risen in question. “I also wanted to let you know,” the girl started, “that Mr Byun, the comatose patient? He woke up, and his family took him home last week!” This shocked Miyoung. She couldn’t believe that what Seungwan did actually work. But what was it that made her feel that connection with him still?

 

Though, she had to feign a smile: “I’m happy to hear that.” She uttered before excusing herself. She wanted to at least go home early – or at least grab dinner with Junmyeon and Joohyun. She hadn’t really heard from Joohyun for a week now as she and her brother both went on a business trip to represent their company. All she knew was that they both arrived later in the evening and asked if she wanted to grab dinner together. Despite Joohyun calling her almost ever since, it would just feel better to have the businesswoman physically beside her. Because if anything, Joohyun understood Miyoung better than anyone – better than Sehun because she was there to witness what anyone would call witchcraft or utter nonsense.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“How was work?” Junmyeon questioned as Miyoung had sat next to her brother and across from Joohyun – who, too, look at the brunette with a concerned expression. Miyoung simply smiled to her brother and nodded her head: “Busy still, but some of the nurses were nice enough to buy me sweets. They said I’m working too hard as their boss, but then again I’m just covering Sehun’s position.” Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter