[ ☆ ] 011.

(Un)fear Him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You okay, Mi?” Sehun questioned, sitting up slowly in order to not tear his bandage around his ribcage. His eyes were on her, curious as to why her eyes were so dark and scary – glaring at the open area of Sehun’s hospital bed. Miyoung blinked, her attention finally on Sehun. She looked at him with a much softer expression, and it concerned him how quickly her mood changed. Especially since Sehun’s known her majority of his life. From grade school to college, he’s known her. Mood changes were not something he’s seen her go through. She’d go through one or two moods for the day, and it wasn’t like this. “Are you okay?” He repeated, a hand resting on the same of her back.

 

“I’m fine,” she whispered, but her eyes wandered straight back to where they were – except there was no anger or glaring happening. “Why do you keep looking over there?” He questioned; voice still laced with concern. Miyoung blinked, again, turning her attention to Sehun. There was a thought that passed through her and she stared at him – his injuries. “Lay back down, Se,” she whispered, pushing his shoulder lightly to get him back down onto the bed. He complied, laying back carefully to avoid any tear. “Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” Though, she knew she couldn’t ever avoid his question because he was going to bug her about it. Especially since it was a reoccurrence to her from the first time that she blocked Baekhyun out of her house and body through protection Seungwan had given her.

 

A shaky sigh escaped her lips, head turning in every direction to see if Baekhyun was around – thankfully he wasn’t after their constant threatening back and forth. He’d threaten her the way he always did, and she’d threaten him as she started to. Her persona was changing and the people who knew that best was Seungwan and Joohyun – the best girlfriends she has. Perhaps, she could argue that they’re her best friends now. If it wasn’t for Joohyun, she wouldn’t have met Seungwan. And if it wasn’t for Seungwan, she wouldn’t be as brave and less scared the way she is now. The protection did wonders, but it was how she told Miyoung that she needed to meditate, release all her fears and ease her mind. Thanks to her, Miyoung felt safer but the people around her…. That’s a different story. “You wouldn’t believe me if I even if I told you, Se,” she uttered, moving to lay back down beside him. Her eyes focused on the white ceiling while Sehun focused his eyes on her.

 

“Try me,” he said, giving her a raised brow.

 

So again, Miyoung explained it to Sehun once again. This time, though, he listened because he was forced to – honestly. But it didn’t seem like Sehun was going to object it. He knew that Myioung believed in the supernatural, in heaven and hell, in people and in karmic acts. There was that time when she asked him if he believed in the supernatural after Mina’s death, but he sputtered. Lost for words. But now, every word she said – every detail she told him, he took it in. There was no way an accident like his could’ve just happened especially if he was walking on the inner side of the sideway while Youngho was closer to the road. But he took the bigger hit.

 

Maybe he should believe her?

 

“So, I told Sehun after it happened,” Miyoung uttered when Seungwan, Joohyun and Sooyoung had dragged her out of the hospital to have lunch with them. She told them about the dream – nightmare, whatever she wanted to call it. Her déjà vu moment. There was a moment of silence and just chewing in between the three as they stared at one another. Things were getting back to normal, and Sehun is healing properly – slowly but surely. Though, the doctors wanted him to stay in the hospital for another week for constant tests and checkups for his ribs and his arm. They also had to do neuro exams due to the aneurysm he had during surgery. They’ve never seen a case like him before, and his survival gave hope to the doctors and boosted their talent. Of course, though, being the worrywart that Miyoung was – she went to the crystal store and got Sehun something for his protection. A hematite ring and a black tourmaline bracelet. She had Seungwan activate the crystal for him and now he wears it for his safety.

 

She worried more for Sehun because he’s healing and a target for Baekhyun. The entity she hasn’t seen since their constant bickering of threats. “We need a game plan,” Seungwan uttered, taking a sip of her iced tea. Miyoung and Joohyun turned their attention to the psychic with raised brow. “What can we do to beat a strong entity like Baekhyun?” Joohyun questioned while the four of them looked back at one another. Thanks to Seungwan, Miyoung was officially introduced to Sooyoung when the situation transpired, and now she gained another friend who didn’t look at her weirdly. “Yeah,” Sooyoung agreed, “it’s too strong – I mean, look at what he did to Miyoung’s friend.” Miyoung raised her brows, nodding her head towards the female in an agreeing manner. “Sehun almost died,” the brunette added. Seungwan let out a sigh as she went into thought again. Joohyun blinked, shaking her head as she gave Miyoung some of her food – seeing how the brunette had lost so much weight because of the stress she went through.

 

“Okay,” the psychic called out, pulling herself to cross her arms over the table, “so we know that he’s a floating soul that drifted away from his actual body. We know that he strayed for too long and too far that he turned evil. He killed people, and we know that he killed your coworker because you,” she motioned towards Miyoung, “you simply and mindlessly thought that she needs to disappear or something. Which he obliged and killed her for you, wildly if I might say.” Miyoung blinked, rolling her eyes and nodded her head. “He left her eyes in my locker,” she added. Joohyun shivered, still getting chills from that story. “Exactly, so that shows he’s powerful! I think I want to try something. It’s dangerous, for me specifically, but I want to try it. I want to try and pull his soul back to his body.”

 

“But how,” Sooyoung questioned, features contorted in a manner of ‘that sounds so absurd’. But Seungwan shrugged and mentioned that they should just trust her. She wanted this situation to be over as much as Miyoung did. So, they didn’t ask questions. They simply acknowledged that Seungwan is a powerful medium (some would argue she’s a witch that only served the good like the Halliwell witches from Charmed) and they trusted her enough to do what she has to do to get Baekhyun to stop bothering her. “I’m going to need your help though,” Seungwan mentioned towards Miyoung – who looked up in surprise. “What do you need?” The brunette questioned, taking a sip of her water. “I need you to get us into his hospital room at night.” The nurse nodded. Easy enough for her, especially now that she’s one of the bosses. “I want all of there because it’ll increase our chances of being stronger than him, and before you ask – we’ll be safe, yes. I have crystals that I’ll place down in a circle around us. If we stay in it, we’re safe.”

 

Miyoung and the others nodded.  

 

For all they knew, Seungwan would be the one to help bring the entity back to his body. She’s powerful enough that Miyoung could feel the energy from the psychic or witch, or whatever she should call her now. Though, they stopped planning for now in case there was a chance that Baekhyun would be listening, but neither her nor Seungwan felt him around them. If they did, they wouldn’t plan through conversation now. Perhaps maybe through text messages formed in a group by the four. For now, they enjoyed their lunches – changing the subject to keep the energy positive.

 

There might be a light at the end of the tunnel that Miyoung could finally breathe if they succeeded this plan that Seungwan was concocting. “How is Sehun?” Sooyoung questioned, not really knowing the brunette’s best friend but had heard enough from Seungwan and Joohyun about the accident. Miyoung swallowed the bite she was chewing, nodding her head: “He’s doing better. He believes me now and that’s lifted off my shoulders.” Sooyoung smiled, picking at her side salad. “His injuries healing?” “Yeah, properly. It’s a slow process but it’s getting there. I think his ribs are healing a lot faster, so he should be out and ready to work again soon.” The girls nodded, a smile on their lips as they’re glad to hear the news.

 

“You’re kidding me,” a new, but familiar, voice called out in almost disbelief. The four females turned their heads as they see Taeyong standing there with disbelief on his features. “You came out to have lunch without me?!” He questioned dramatically; his hand placed on his chest in a manner that showed just how dramatic he is. Miyoung and Joohyun turned to glance at one another – their brows risen in amusement. Though, they knew that he was kidding but he just really knows how to act well. “I thought we’d make it a thing that I come out and eat with you guys!” He uttered, pointing to the brunette and the businesswoman. “We never really established it, Tae. Sehun decided to get hurt first,” Miyoung uttered while Joohyun nodded with agreement.

 

Taeyong’s demeanor changed into a more playful one as he replied: “Okay, fair enough.” He said with a small grin. “It’s okay though, Youngho’s having lunch with me today. I’ll let you two off the hook,” he said, pointing to his female friends who laughed as if they had no stress or anxiety resting on their shoulders. Sooyoung and Seungwan stared in confusion. Of course, Seungwan has only seen Taeyong once, but they were never properly introduced. The male nurse smiled as he looked up to the others, “Sorry,” he uttered, “I’m Taeyong, Joohyun noona and Mi’s friend.” He said while he nodded towards the two females. “Seungwan,” the psychic uttered with a smile while Sooyoung looked up and smiled to the male nurse as she introduced herself. “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” Taeyong said, placing a hand on his chest, “I’ll let you ladies finish your lunch then.”

 

They bided Taeyong goodbye as he joined his and Sehun’s friend at a table not too far from them. “Thank God he didn’t walk in while we were talking about you know,” Joohyun mentioned, taking a bite of her food once more. The females agreed while they went about to finishing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter