2- The call

Your true self
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks passed and in all this time I didn't get a call from Hyomin, nor we talked in class. It was like nothing had ever happened, actually it just became more awkward. 

Whenever our eyes meet in the corridors or during classes, I don't really know how to act. Should I smile to her, or at least tell her good morning? What if she really doesn't want anything to do with me? Surely she just throw my number away. Why do I actually care so much? It's not like she is someone close to me. 

But everytime I think like this, my mind brings me back to that night I saw her so fragile, so scared and so helpless, making the desire to hold her strongly in my arms become bigger. 

 

 

"Yah Jiyeon-ah, you are so silent tonight!" Soyeon said aloud, making me come back to my senses. I was hanging out with my three good friends: Soyeon, Qri and Boram. Even if they are older them me, I don't feel that age difference at all. 

"I'm just concentrate in eating my cotton candy." I came up with this excuse, taking again a bit of that fluffy pink sugar cotton candy that Qri bought me. She knows me so well, just looking into my eyes she understood that I wanted it so bad.

Soyeon and Boram giggled while Qri took a bit of my cotton candy with her hands and filled it in . 

"You and food are really an eternal love story." Qri added, right after the cotton candy melted in . 

"At least I have a love story." I said, putting an amused smile on my face while Soyeon and Boram bursted out in loud laughter, noticing the pout that formed on the still single Lee Qri. 

"Yaahh!! You are really not my friend!" Qri said, faking to be mad. I laughed slightly and offered her another bit of my cotton candy. 

"Forgive me." I smiled, sending her a flying kiss. 

"Just because it's you." Qri smiled and took another peace of the candy. 

"Jiyeon your phone is ringing." Boram said, making me notice the sound of my ringtone coming from my jacket pocket. I took the phone with my free hand, looking at the ID. 

"Huh, it's an unknown number." I said and my mind brought me inmediately to one person. What if it's Hyomin? I decided to answer before I lost my chance.

"Hello?"  I said with my husky voice, after bringing my phone on my ear. 

"Hello Jiyeon-aaah." My eyes widened upon hearing that voice and my heart beat increased. I was sure it was Hyomin but.. she was so strange, it wasn't her usual way to talk. 

"H-Hyomin?" I asked, just to be sure. 

"Who is Hyomin?" I heard Soyeon asking the others but I ignored her since I was to taken to talk with my classmate to care about the little chat that was happening next to me. 

"Yesss?!?!?!" Hyomin asnwred, giggling afterwards. OK,  she is acting really strange. 

"Did you perhaps drink? You are so strange.." I mumbled.

"Maybe a bit, who cares." She said and this time her drunk tone was clear to hear. I frowned at her answer. 

"Where are you now?" I immediately asked.

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for helping me." I said to Soyeon, sitting next to her while she was driving.

After telling my friends that one of my schoolmates got drunk and needed my help, Soyeon offered herself to drive me to Hyomin since I still don't have a driving licence and I couldn't reach her just by walking since it was too far from where we were. 

"It's really not a big deal." She said, chuckling at the end, stopping then her car in front of the bar where Hyomin was. 

"I just hope she doesn't throw up in my car. I just washed it yesterday." Soyeon said, almost talking to herself while I was getting out of the car. "Is is okay if I wait in the car?" She then asked while I was looking around to see if Hyomin was in sight. In fact I noticed her not far away. She was sitting on a bench next to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter