5- Saving me

Your true self
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon p.o.v.

"She should wake up soon, don't worry too much." The nurse tolde me with a smile while checking on Hyomin, noticing my worried expression. 

Sitting next to the hospital bed where Hyomin was lying, i smiled slightly at the young nurse.

"I just got really scared." I honestly answered, looking back at my friend's facial features. The expression full of pain was not to be seen anymore, still I couldn't but feel really concerned for her. 

How could she end up with a fractured rib? How much sufference does she still have to go through?

My hand closed in a fist, feeling rage creeping inside of me. The more i know about Hyomin the more I hate her father. I surely will not let her go back home, not in this conditions. 

I was so lost in my thought that I didn't notice Hyomin opening her eyes. Only when she called my name with a really thin tone of voice, I came back to my senses, looking at her.

"Hey" i softly said, leaning a bit forward "how are you?" I then asked, smiling slightly.

"I'm fine.. I think." Hyomin mumbled. Her eyes still sleepy like her voice. "Why-.. why am I in a hospital?" She then asked, looking around the complete white hospital room. 

"I called the ambulance after that you fainted. I got really scared." I told the oldest, lowering then my eyes. 

"Oh.." was the only thing I heard before lifting my gaze back to Hyomin. She was looking away from me with a sort of guilty expression. 

"I'm sorry for dragging you in my problems." she then said before turning her head to look at me. Our eyes met but this time none of us broke the contact it created between us.

I could feel myself get lost once again inside those black, deep irises.

"Don't say like that Hyomin. I told you I'll be there for you if you need me." I don't know where i took the courage when my hand moved forward, towards the cold and soft one of Hyomin, capturing it with mine. 

"Why?" She asked me, bringing her gaze down to our hands. "Why are you so kind to me?" She added, looking back to me as if she was searching some answer in my eyes. 

"I don't know.. I just feel like helping and be always there for you." I hesitantly answered, feeling my cheeks turning slightly pink.

There was a long moment of silence, only the thin rumor of our breaths could be heard.

But words weren't needed.

 I could feel this connection with her just becoming stroger by the seconds.

It was as if I could read her mind through her eyes, telling me 'thank you for not leaving me alone'. 

The rumor of the door opening startled bot of us, making me move the hand that was hold hers, away. We bot looked towards the direction of the door, just to see the doctor coming in. 

"Oh, I see you are awake." The doctor said, flashing a smile while walking towards the bed where Hyomin wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter