1- Unexpected words

Your true self
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school mensa was already half full when I put my plate, filled with rice and vegetables, on the free table. 

Huff.. I let out a sigh, feeling today's classes more stressful then usual. Maybe because something, or better someone, was distracting me the whole time. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened yesterday between me and one of my classmates.

I picked some rice with my chopsticks and put it in my mouth, looking then around me. Why is Eunjung so late? I asked myself mentally since I was usually eating with her during school break. 

Then my eyes stopped and my eyebrows rised slightly when I caught a certain girl I couldn't get out of my mind. She was eating all alone, actually she didn't even seem that hungry, looking how she was picking with her chopsticks the food just to look at it and then placing it again on the plate. 

I frowned, feeling a numb pain in my heart. 

Then she raised her head and our eyes met for a split of a second. I immediately turned away and brought my gaze to Eunjung that just put her plate, also with rice (since it was the only decent thing to eat on the daily menu) on the table. 

"Park Hyomin? Why were you starring at her Ji?" Eunjung asked, surely noticing my gaze that traveled from Hyomin to her. I blushed slightly on my face, feeling embarrassed to be caught starring at someone but I couldn't handle to bring my eyes again on Hyomin when she stood up and leaved. Also Eunjung turned a second her head to look at her. 

"Yah Jiyeon, you can't have a crush on her! You know she is not a good person." Eunjung said to me, with a low tone of voice, looking into my eyes. 

"A crush? No! It's not like this." I immediately made it clear. I mean, Hyomin is beautiful but i wasn't starring at her for this reason. I sighed. "It's just that she looks so lonely sometimes." I said half of my thoughts. 

"Lonely?" Eunjung giggled. "What do you expect? You know how she treats everyone! She is rude like no one else, she pushes everyone away and just her glare brings chill to everyone." 

"Yes but I think there is something more behind her behaviour." Something I saw yesterday, I thought to myself.

"You say so? Honestly I don't care a bit about her." Eunjung rised her shoulders a moment, picking then a bit of vegetables and filling with it. 

"Hmm" I hummed, deciding to not say anything further.  Maybe it was better to place this argument to the side. "Do you want to hang out Saturday? We could see a film at the cinema." I suggested, changing topic.

"Sure!" Eunjung nodded, smiling. 

 

 

 

Finally the school bell, announcing that the last hour of school was ended, rang. All students prepared their backpacks and leaved and I was doing the same. Just when I was about to place my last book in my bag a presence interrupted my movements. I looked to my side just to notice it was Park Hyomin herself. I gulped feeling intimidated from her deep black gaze but still managed to put a little smile on my face. 

"D-do you need something?" , why am I stuttering? I mentally cursed myself. I noticed Hyomin's deep gaze soften a bit, as if she was feeling guilty for making me stutter. Or was it just my impression? 

"I want to talk with you about yesterday." Hyomin's voice rang in the empty class room. 

"Oh.." i just managed to say, nodding slightly. 

 

FLASHBACK (yesterday)

"Yes Qri unnie, I'm on my way. I'll be there in 15 minutes." I giggled, walking on the street of Seoul while talking on the phone with my dear friend Qri. 

"It's already dark outside, I'm worried to let you walk alone. I should have picked you up." Qri's voice rang in my ear and I couldn't but smile. She was such a sweet friend. 

"Don't worry, I'm not a kid anymore." I laughed. "And then it's just 9:00 p.m." i added.

"You are still a kid for me." I heard her saying while  i was turning in a little side street. It was well illuminated but still no person was in sight. 

"YAAAHHH UNNIEEE" i said whit a little whine In my voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter