Two – Annoying Doctor, Hateful Patient

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinhwan feels his lungs almost burst. He runs in the corridor. Looking for the familiar room. Room 1009. He hits the elevator button, but the elevator seems took a long time to go. He can’t wait, he runs trough emergency stairs. Towards seventh floor. When he arrived, he look trough the glassed door. He arranged his breath again, then opened the door.

“I’ll call someone later, so you can consult to him. You should try to move your body, but don’t push yourself. My partner will accompany you tomorrow, he has a day off today.” Minyoung replied him with nod. When the doctor turn around, Jinhwan greets him.

“Jinhwan-sshi, you’re here already.”Mrs. Lee greets him,

“I’ll go out to buy food for both of you,”Jinhwan smiled at her, but Mrs. Lee stare at him sadly, then she left the room.

“You’re here, Mr. Kim? Oh, her condition is good now. I’ll let Dr. Park explain the detail to you after we got her complete reports. But, I expect you in my room after you talk to her,”

“Thank you, doctor”after that, Namjoon left the room. Leaving Jinhwan and Minyoung alone.

“Finally, you wake up, Minyoung...”Jinhwan smiled widely, he rushed to her and hug her tightly. But Minyoung just stare at him. For a couple of seconds, she shake her head. Minyoung stare at him again. His hand stil hold her hand tight.

“How are you?”

“I’m okay. But....”Jinhwan frowned at her words. He doesn’t speak, and waiting for her next words. After she finished her sentence, Jinhwan feels his heart broken into pieces.

“Who are you?”

 

 

Minyoung only staring outside her room’s window. It’s dark already, the moon showed up few hours ago. She stands up, and walks slowly to the window. Her feet still weak but she managed to reach her window. Minyoung opened the window, feeling night air brushes trough her face. Her head is empty now, but her heart felt so full until it almost burst.

Jinhwan’s hurt expression lingered in her eyes. Why it is so painful for her seeing his hurt expression? How close they are before all of this happened? She thinks hard, but she got nothing. He said he is my bestfriend. Minyoung staring at the moon again. She traced the sky, like she wants to touch the moon with her slender fingers.

“Why I have to lost my memories?”

The next day, almost every one in the hospital gather up in front of room 1009. They watched two persons argue inside. Lee Minyoung and Park Jimin are glaring at each other. They’re fighting over something that leads both of them into this scene.

“Hey! Why are you gather here? Go back to your place!”hearing Namjoon’s voice, everyone dismissed. Namjoon and Hoseok walked to the room, almost entering but stop when they heard Jimin yelling to the girl.

“Park Jimin, what are you doing?”Jimin looks at the door and sees his friends stand there.

“I don’t care, I’ve told you Minyoung-sshi. You can leave this hospital after you complete your treatment, I’ll be waiting. Make sure you’re there before I add more days for you to stay here,”with that sentence, Jimin left the room. Ignoring Namjoon and Hoseok.

“Doctors? Can’t I go home today?”Namjoon and Hoseok looks at each other. They understand now, what Jimin and Minyoung’s argued about.

“Ms. Lee, Dr. Park already told you, right? You may go home after you finished with your treatment. Or, if you strong enough to do your daily routines. It will be dangerous if you’re not completing that.”Namjoon informs her. She looks down. Feels wronged toward Jimin at the same time.

“You also have to consult with me, right? So don’t worry about getting bored, I’ll always make you smile. Let’s be friend, okay?”Hoseok added.

“But I don’t want to be friend with that jerk!”Minyoung can sees both of the doctors in front of  her staring at each other, confused.

“Dr. Park?”Minyoung nod when Hoseok mention the name.

“Why? He’s kind, he always accompany you here when you still in coma, Ms. Lee,”

“I don’t care, he called me ‘amnesia girl’ when I don't even want to be in this state!,”

 

 

Jimin ruffles his hair in frustation. That amnesia girl! How dare she acts rude to him. He let out his breath, it’s almost an hour since he said to her he will be waiting for her treatment, and she hasn’t come.

“Where is that rude amnesia girl?”Jimin almost walking out from the room, but the door opened right in front of his face. Revealing Minyoung with her exhausted expression.

“Where have you been, Minyoung-sshi?”

“At least let me sits, Dr. Park. You’re really annoying,”she said, makes Jimin’s blood boiling.

“Excuse me, Ms. Lee. I’ve been waiting for almost an hour for you.”

“And I spend almost an hour to reach this place, Dr. Park. Can’t you respect me for that?”

“Who told you to walk by yourself? You can come here with your wheelchair and we can start your treatment rightaway.”Jimin argued,

“Do you hear yourself? Or you’re stupid enough for not counting what have I done into treatment?”

“Can you consider my time, Ms. Lee? There’s many people out there needs my help instead of just wasting my time waiting for you! You know, you just a burdensome girl that wants attention!”he almost shouting, makes Minyoung flinched. Her expressions is cold.

“Look, I want to finish this as soon as possible, Dr. Park! I want to go home, and being in the same room with you for a long time can kill me. Now, consider this as a treatment, you don’t have to waste your time on me again. I’m sorry for being a burden to you, and this morning... Sorry for my rude behaviour,”

Without entering the room, Minyoung turn around and walk away from Jimin. She can hear her own blood boiling, and she is sure enough what Jimin said is getting on her nerves. But he’s not wrong, since the beginning she just a burdensome. She can’t remember anything and hurts someone that ‘maybe’ really important in her life.

“You should calm yourself, you know? This doesn’t looks like you,”Hoseok’s voice waking Jimin from his daydream

“You’re going to say I’m wrong?”Hoseok answer his question with a nod.

“She’s frustated, Jimin. She doesn’t had any memories right now, and she doesn’t know what she has to do with people around her. That’s why she acted like that”

“She can’t use that as a reason she has to acts rude to me,”

“And you can’t be annoying doctor to her. She is your first patient afterall. Oh, you also always chuckling and giggling by yourself when she hasn’t wake up. Maybe you forget about that,”Jimin just keeps his mouth shut. Hoseok is right.

“Namjoon said if she can walk normally, she’ll go home. I’ll tell him about her condition right now, I’m sure Kim Jinhwan is glad with this news.”

“I’m her doctor, why Namjoon hyung decided about her dismissal from hospital?”Jimin protested. Hoseok’s smirk at him.

“Dr. Han gives the instruction after hearing about your love quarrel this morning,”

“That’s not a love! It just a quarrel! Stop thinking that way!”

“Okay, okay... I’ll tell Namjoon then, see you... annoying!”

 

 

Jinhwan drinks his fourth whisky. He ended in Jiwon’s club after done with his works. Jiwon is looking at his bestfriend, since Minyoung’s accident Jinhwan always looked down, but tonight he looks worse than that.

“What happened now? I heart Minyoung is waking up. But look at you, hyung. You’re terrible,”Jinhwan chuckled,

“She doesn’t remember me, Jiwon. She asked my name,”

“What?! What happened to her?”

 

After Jinhwan talks to Minyoung, he is knocking on Namjoon’s room door. He was greeted by Namjoon, and the doctor let him occupying a chair in front of him.

“I’m really sorry for saying that Lee Minyoung had amnesia, Mr. Kim,”Jinhwan just silent, he is trying to accept everything.

“Her accident, damaged her brain that led her to lost her memories. It may be caused by a trauma from the accident,”

“Will she remember everything again, Dr. Kim?”Jinhwan asked, his hopefull tone is can be heard clearly.

“It depends on her. Maybe Dr. Jung can explain it clearer for you. But, if in the process there’s unwanted memory, she’ll caught up again in her trauma. And the worst case is, she will never remember everything again,”

“Oh, God.”Jinhwan sighed. It’s weighed his heart again. She has suffered again because of him.

“We can monitor her psycological condition from Dr. Jung, I’ll inform you the further news about her.”Namjoon assured him,

“Thank you, Namjoon-sshi. I owe you,”

“No need, it’s my job. And... as a friend of you, I’ll said this now. It will be better if you realise everything before you lose it, Jinhwan-sshi.”  

 

 

Jimin ruffles his hair, his phone vibrating on his drawer for several minutes already. He opened his eyes, and staring at the clock. It’s six in the morning, he surely had a day off from hospital and it’s impossible they called him. Namjoon is there. He picks his phone, and read the caller ID. ! It’s mom.

“Yes, mom?”he answer his phone. Not wanting to sleep anymore

“Come to the Incheon airport now! Pick me up!”he can heard his mother’s voice crystal clear. Jimin tries to understand his mother’s words.

“You’re in Korea?!”Jimin sure, he can sees his mother wide grin on the other line.

“You’re right, adeul. Now, come and pick me up before I make your life miserable!”she hung up. Jimin growled louder after he puts his phone on the drawer.

“I hate you, mom!”he said before entering his bathroom.

Mrs. Park smiles widely after seeing Jimin’s uneasy expression in front of her. They’re waiting for their breakfast, at one of  fancy restaurant in Itaewon. In a short time, the waitress brings their order. Mrs. Park smiles and said thank you.

“What are you doing here, mom?”Jimin starts their conversation while cuts his steak for Mrs. Park

“I have to, Jimin. For the last two years, you’re not visiting me in Canada. Just contact me from video call?”

“Come on, mom. You know why I won’t meet you and just contacted you that way,”

“And I’ll keep doing that, Park Jimin. I assume you don’t have girlfriend here, so... Mr. Steven send his daughter to meet you tomorrow night. She’s a good match for you.”Jimin puts down his fork and knive.

“Stop setting me up with your bussiness partners daughter! How come you assume she’s the best for me when I never know her, mom? I have my own choice,”

“I see... so, you have a girlfriend. I’ll rearrange our meeting then, but bring her to me next week!”

“What?!”Jimin choked his own food.

“Take it, or leave this country and married Mr. Steven’s daughter, Jimin. For goodness sake, you need to open your heart.”Mrs. Park argued. Jimin’s frustated face can be seen clearly.

“Will you stop doing this stupid thing if I bring her to you?”Mrs. Park nods, and eat the last piece of her steak

“Fine! I’ll take her with me next week.”

 

Namjoon and Hoseok glaring at Jimin. They ended having coffees in hospital cafeteria.

“If I’m not mistaken, you ask for a day off today, Dr. Park?”Namjoon glaring to his partner. Because of  his request, he has to stay in hospital.

“If you miss Minyoung-sshi, she’ll be home in few minutes. Kim Jinhwan is in her room,”Hoseok informed Jimin. Even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter