One – His Sleeping Girl

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Her vital signs are normal, Dr. Park. She’s in good condition today,”a nurse report to Jimin. Jimin nodded, answering her report with thank you. After the nurse walk out from the room, Jimin take a chair and sits there. In front of a sleeping figure on the bed.

“You’ve been good, Minyoung-sshi. I hope you awake soon.”he wants to stay there and talks about his day with her. Jimin doesn’t know either why talking to a coma girl can sorted his feeling about his day. Maybe he just bored. And he’s been doing it since he moved to the hospital. It’s been two years. Before he told her his story, the door opened. Revealing a tall figure with a bouquet of lilies in his arm.

“Oh, Dr. Park. Good evening,”he greeted Jimin and flashes a smile. Jimin turns his head, facing the guest. Kim Jinhwan.

“Good evening, Mr. Kim. You’re early today,”that’s a fact though. Kim Jinhwan usually visited her when visiting hour almost end.

“My meeting is postponed, and I want to see her immediately.”he answered Jimin. His eyes showed pain when he staring at his bestfriend condition. She hasn’t wake up yet. Even after three years in coma.

“I understand. She’s in stable condition. Oh, I’ll leave both of you, call me immediately if anything happened.”Jimin swears, he wants something good happening for her.

“I’ll do it, Dr. Park. I just hope she’ll awake soon,”

Soon after Jimin left two of them, Jinhwan let out a heavy sigh. He placed the flower bouquet on the table. Jinhwan smiled to sleeping Minyoung, he sits on Jimin’s chair earlier. Held Minyoung’s left hand, he greets her weakly.

“Hey, Minyoung. How are you? Dr. Park said you’ve been good.”silence. Jinhwan just sits there, still looking at Minyoung sleeping figure. His fatigue added and he felt his whole body ached. He closed his eyes for a while. Feeling Minyoung’s presence like she never been in coma. But it’s impossible.

“Do you hate me, Minyoung-ah?”Jinhwan opened his eyes, she doesn’t answer his question. Makes Jinhwan sigh again, knowing what he felt earlier is just his imagination. Jinhwan felt her hand, it’s cold. Like usual. And Jinhwan never like her cold hands felt against his skin.

“If you do hate me, please wake up and scold me...”Jinhwan pleaded.

“I don’t like to see you in this state, Minyoung-ah... Please, wake up... ”soon, his plead turn into cries. For the millionth times, he cried again.

 

Park Jimin walks out from his room. He wants a cup of coffee, the night shift has drained his energy even though not many patient entering hospital at this late hour. He stopped in front of a small coffee shop, and ordered a cup of black coffee.

“Make that two,”Jimin turns his head and seeing Hoseok leaned against the counter. Hoseok is his friend from Psychology department.

“You’ll pay yours,”Hoseok squealed.

“Come on... I’m out of money,”Jimin rolled his eyes,

“Yeah, you said it last week, hyung. Seriously, how come you always found me here?”

“Easy, if you’re not inside room 1009. Then, you’re here.”

Before Jimin answer him, their coffees are ready. Jimin takes his, and Hoseok takes the other cup. Jimin paid for both of them.

“So, how’s her condition?”Hoseok asked Jimin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter