Three : The Game

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“MWO?!!”both Jimin mother’s and Minyoung are shouting. They’re glaring toward Jimin. Jimin’s mother hold the back of her neck, she felt her blood pressure increased.

“Owh, I can’t handle this anymore...”Jimin held his mother before she’s collapse and kissing the floor. Minyoung come forward, helps him leads his mother to the bedroom. They lay her there. Minyoung pull the cover until reach her chest, worried expression written all over her now paled face.

“Dr. Park, how come you say something like that?”Jimin scratch the back of his head. Not knowing what to do.

“I told you to call me by my name, right? It will be bad if my mother heard you,”Minyoung is angry now. She hates how he takes his mother condition right now. Is it some kind of joke for him? Minyoung ignores him, her eyes glued again to his mother. Jimin is on the phone with someone. Minyoung doesn’t care, this doctor is crazy right now.

“Come on. I’ll take you home,”

“But... your mother...”

“I’ve called our family doctor. He’ll be here any minutes, if my mother heard you being formal to me, I’ll be dead!”once more, Jimin drags her.

The entire ride to Minyoung’s house is silent. Oh, Jimin knows very well that Minyoung waits for his explanation. He is thankful that this girl gives him time to finds the right words to explain it all. But it doesn’t last long.

“Yah! You’re crazy?! How come I become your girlfriend?”Jimin kicks the brakes until his car stopped.

“Yah! Do you want to kill us? Why’re you shouting?”he snaps back. Rubbing his ears.

“Then explain it to me!”Jimin sighs. He stares at her, then looking to his finger, then back to her again. Seeing there’s no other option, he tells her everything. From his mother’s ultimatum, his supposed to be arranged marriage, until this crazy choice he’d been made.

“And you think lying to your mother is a great idea?”Minyoung looking at him in disbelief. Jimin doesn’t say anything.

“I remember you said you want to help me find a job, Dr. Park. Not involving me into your stupid game!”Jimin’s head is throbbing now. He knows, this is a stupid game. But he needs to play it, and he can’t plays alone!

“Can you just think this game as your part time job? You just need to pretend that you’re my girlfriend until my mother back to England. I’ll pay you, don’t worry about that!”

“How dare you say those things to me? If you say it like that, just get anyone from the street! Not me!”Jimin shuts his mouth, he’s wrong.

“I’m sorry... I don’t mean to say that. It’s  just, my mother is really want to see me have someone by my side. She always worried there’s no one by my side since I left home all the way here. She just, worried. But I don’t like her way arranging a marriage for me.”

“Still, you shouldn’t lie to her”

“Please, Minyoung-sshi. Help me this time. It won’t take a long time. Just until my mother come back to England, then we can tell her the things between us never worked or something similar to that?”Jimin staring at her with his pleadings eyes. Minyoung squealed, she doesn’t like to be stared like that.

“When will your mother back to England?”she said in the end

“It’s about two or three months. She needs to watch our main company here,”Minyoung doesn’t answer him. She’s staring at Jimin, he looks hopeless.

“Okay, I’ll help you. Until your mother back to England. You don’t need to pay me, Seokjin-sshi already gives me a job and I can start on Monday.”Jimin’s smiling widely, still locking his eyes with hers.

“Don’t smile!”Minyoung glared at him. Jimin waits her nagging at him again. But she doesn’t do that. He looks at her. Again, Lee Minyoung is into her own world. It’s the cue for him to starts his car, and driving to her house.

“Minyoung-sshi, we’re here.”Jimin nudged her shoulder. They arrived at Minyoung’s house. Minyoung back from her daydream, and looks around seeing familiar environment. She’s in front of her house.

“We need to talk about this again, Dr. Park. But right now, I want you to go back and seeing your mother. She needs you,”Jimin suppress his smile. So, she’s worried about his mother.

“Okay, I promise I’ll talk about this with you as soon as possible,”

Minyoung sighs again before grabbing her sling bag, and opened the door. Jimin watchs her figure entering her house before driving back to Royal Palace.

 

 

Jinhwan is busy works on some papers in his office when he receives call from his secretary saying Da Mi wants to meet him. And now they are in his room.

“What is it? There’s something you need to tell me?”Da Mi sighs. He always asks that question everytime they met.

“I want to have lunch with you. It’s almost time for lunch break,”she answered him while sitting on the couch.

“I’m sorry, Da Mi. We can’t have lunch outside, I have to sign all this paperworks as soon as possible,”Jinhwan looks at her with apologetic expression. Da Mi smiled at him, understands.

“It’s okay, but you still need to eat your lunch. What do you want to eat?”

“I’m not really hungry right now, you can eat first. I’ll finish this,”

“No, jagiya~ you have to eat. You can bring those papers home anyway, if you don’t have another task at home.”

“Well, I’m planning to visiting Minyoung after work,”Da Mi silenced, so this is about her again. Slowly, tears are blurring her eyes. Jinhwan taken aback by that.

“What happened? Why are you crying?”he walks towards her, and hugs Da Mi.

“All this time you only care of her. She’s awake now, right? You never tell me about it. Must I heard about her condition from your parents? Do you want to postpone our marriage again? I’m waiting all this time, Kim Jinhwan!”Jinhwan sighs. So, his parents already tells her about Minyoung.

“No.. I want to tell you about her condition when we met for another date.”he said, still hugging the crying Da Mi.

“I’m waiting all this time, and it looks like you want to call off our marriage. If that’s what you want, I don’t know what will happened to me.”Jinhwan pushed Da Mi, studying her face. She’s still crying.

“Don’t talk like that, you know there’s nothing between me and Minyoung. You don’t need to worried about that. And, you know I met you through her, right? How come you think like that about me and Minyoung?”Da Mi felt slight pain in her heart. He is right, they met through Minyoung. If it’s not because of her, Da Mi would never in her place now. But, she’s still felt insecure about them. Not until Jinhwan becomes her husband.

“Then why you made me feel insecure about our relationship, Jinhwan? I love you so much, I even say yes about postponed our marriage until Minyoung wakes from her coma. Now, you even hide about it from me.”she can sees hurt in Jinhwan’s eyes. She doesn’t know what it means, but she’s too tired of understanding him.

“Okay... we’ll proceeds our marriage. Can you wait for another half year? I need to finish two projects, so we can focus on wedding and other things?”Jinhwan tells her. It makes Da Mi stares at him. Making sure he isn’t lying to her.

“Are you serious?”she asks him. Jinhwan letting out small chuckle. Then wipes her tears away.

“Yes, my fiancée. But is it okay if I ask you to wait until that time, again?”Da Mi unites their forehead together. Then nods her head.

“Thank you, Jinhwan”

 

 

Jimin sneaks in to his mother’s room. He hopes his mother still laying in her bed and wakes up later. Talks with her in this state will brings more ultimatum for him. But his hopes fading when he sees his mother waits him in the living room.

“Mom? Are you okay?”Jimin said, he rushes and hugs his mother.

“Let go! You naughty boy!”Jimin let her go, and smiles sheepishly.

“Where is she?”his mother wondering around. Jimin looks at her, confused.

“Who?”

“Your girlfriend! Duh! Don’t tell me you told her to go?”

“Of course I told her to go, it’s the first time she met you and she paled because you fainted in front of her!”

“Really? She’s worried because I fainted?”Jimin nods. He can sees his mother slight smile.

“Yes, mom. Her whole face is pale. You makes her scared, so I told her to go first eventhough she wants to be here. She even ushered me to come here immediately. So, here I am.”

“Tell her to come, tomorrow. I want to talk with her, and don’t think to reject this offer. I still doubt your relationship with her,”! Jimin cursed silently. But he only can nods to his mother’s command.

Kim Jinhwan arrived at Minyoung house. He wants to spend more time with her since it’s weekend and he doesn’t think they’ll have another time for their bonding day. He felt bad. Minyoung’s mother opened the door for him and invites him inside.

“Eommoni, where’s Minyoung?”he asks Minyoung’s eomma after she placed a glass of lemon tea for him.

“Oh, she isn’t telling you? I though you called her first before coming here, Jinhwan-ah. She’s going out, Dr. Park fetch her about an hour ago. They said they need to go to somewhere,”

“Really? Is it about Minyoung’s health?”Jinhwan asks her. He is worried if there’s something wrong with Minyoung’s health again. But when Minyoung’s eomma shakes her head, a deep frown formed on his face.

“I don’t think so, Dr. Park always come here lately. Well, maybe today is the second time they’re going out together. Is there anything that you want to say to Minyoung? I’ll tell her when she is back later if you want,”

“Anhi. I just want to spend this weekend with her, to catch up our time. Maybe she can remember something,”Minyoung’s eomma smiled.

“I’ll tell her that you come, then. Well, she can remember almost everything now. But her memories stopped until a week before the accident. Remember when she met you to accompany you prepare your wedding?”Jinhwan nods.

“It’s right a week before the accident,”he stated

“Eung. She remembers met you, but she can’t remember everything. What she did that day, she doesn’t remember. Dr. Jung said it will be good if she isn’t push herself to remember. It will only worsen her condition if her remained lost memories are something triggered her trauma.”

“I-It’s good then if she remembers everything now. I-I’m glad,”Jinhwan shutters, he drinks his lemon tea.

“Jinhwan-ah? Is there something I need to know? You seem need to tell us something,”hearing word ‘us’ makes Jinhwan’s stomach churn. He smiled to Minyoung’s eomma.

“It’s about my marriage, Eommoni. I think it will be good if I tell Minyoung directly. Maybe I should wait,”he answered her while drinks his lemon tea again.

“I’m so sorry you have to postponed your wedding because of Minyoung. I’ll make sure she’ll help both of you, okay? I’ll tell her to call you immediately if she arrived.”

“Thank you, eommoni. I’ll go then, it looks like I have to finish my job first,”he chuckled. Minyoung’s eomma walks him to the front door, after say goodbye Jinhwan walks toward his car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter