Six : Confession

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Jinhwan tries to call Minyoung again. He loses count how many times he tried to call her.        Yunhyeong looking at him, they’re in his apartment right now. Their other friends are playing video games in the living room. Leaving two older members alone in the kitchen.

“The number you're calling...”Jinhwan sighs.

“Her phone is off,”he said, more to himself

“Should I call her friends?”Jinhwan shakes his head.

“Da Mi comes to her work place. She asks them to reporting our wedding when the time comes,”Yunhyeong chocked on his drink. He stared at his friend, eyes widened.

“She can’t be serious,”

“I want to be with Minyoung right now. Where is she?”Jinhwan whining while tappings his phone.

“It’s your fault, hyung. You should cut off the engagements right after you know what your fiancée did,”

“She said she’ll kill herself if I’m not marrying her,”Yunhyeong let out a sarcastic laugh

“I don’t know what to say. You’re so unfair. You guarded someone who tried to kill the girl you like’s feeling. I don’t even know, what do you see from her.”

“I think it was love,”

“Turns out you feed a monster,”

“Da Mi said Minyoung and Dr. Park in relationship,”Yunhyeong looks at Jinhwan. His friend looks really frustrated right now.

“Have you ask Minyoung about it?”Jinhwan shakes his head. Yunhyeong seemed not shocked by that news.

“The last time I pick her up, we just ate together. I can’t ask about it to her,”Yunhyeong scoffed. Then sips his orange juice.

“Either you can’t or you don’t want to hear her answer. I know they contacted each other. They always bickering at each other. Looks like Da Mi is right,”Jinhwan groaned. If Yunhyeong is the source of information, there’s huge possibility the information is right.

“Hyung, I want to ask you something. As a friend of yours, and someone who take care of Minyoung cases,”Jinhwan turned himself to Yunhyeong. The younger gives him serious look. Then a question Jinhwan wants to avoid coming out from Yunhyeong’s mouth.

“Do you love Lee Minyoung?”

 

 

“You’re finished your shift, Jimin?”Jimin looks at his door. Namjoon stands there with his white cloak.

“Yes,”he answered. Namjoon chuckled.

“Did something happened yesterday?”Namjoon chuckled seeing Jimin shocked expression.

“Something good happened?”Namjoon teased Jimin and gives him a smirk. Jimin groaned.

“Eww.. hyung, stop thinking in appropriate thing. You ert!”Jimin throw a pen to Namjoon. Making the older laughed at Jimin’s reaction.

“I’m not thinking that way. Or maybe you really did?”

“No! Stop teasing me!”

“You’re lucky Hoseok isn’t here.”Jimin rolled his eyes,

“But I’ll make sure the other knows”before Jimin shouting at Namjoon, the older rushing out from his sight. Jimin’s phone vibrated, showing Minyoung's name on it. Jimin’s lip curved upward, forming a smile on his face.

“Hey?”he greeted her,

“Jimin, why are you give this phone to me? I can buy my own,”Jimin smiled. He loved the way Minyoung calls his name. They’re in first name based right now.

“Your phone was broken yesterday after you saved that boy. It’s a gift from me. Don’t broke it, or lose it! I’ve ask the same number like yours before, but the contact list aren’t included so I just saving my number in your phone,”

“It’s okay. Uhm.. Jimin? Are you sure I can take this phone?”

“Of course, silly!”

“Thank you, Jimin. I need this now even though I said I’ll buy it later,”Minyoung giggled.

“See? What can you do without me?”Jimin can felt Minyoung pouting on the other line. It makes his smile appears again. He walks out and entering his car while talking to Minyoung.

“Are you driving?”Minyoung asks him, Jimin hummed answering her question. There’s silence on the other line.

“Minyoung? Are you okay?”

“Don’t play your phone while driving, Jimin. It’s dangerous,”Oh, Jimin loves how her worried voice echoed inside his car. Minyoung makes his heart beating faster again.

“Are you worried of me?”he teased,

“N-No.. Y-you... It’s dangerous!”Jimin chuckled. He can heard Minyoung nags about the possibility of him getting into car accident if he is not focused while driving.

“Okay. I get it, Minyoung. I haven’t drive yet. I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

“Thank you for the phone,”

 

 

Yoongi staring at his new camcorder with a smile formed on his face. It will be suitable for some undercover task. Yoongi stopped when he heard Yunhyeong’s voice. Yoongi hides behind the wall, and trying to listen his conversation.

“...she has to know, hyung! You put her in danger if you keep your mouth shut!”Yoongi leaned closer, trying to record Yunhyeong. He can sees furious Song Yunhyeong talking with another person through his phone.

“If you keep being a coward, don’t ever talk to me Kim Jinhwan. I’ll give you one more chance and if you still being a coward, I don’t care about what you’re saying!”Yoongi positioned the camcorder for a better view. Yunhyeong looks furious and frustrated at the same time.

“I’ll be waiting,”Yunhyeong said, he puts his phone down and let out a heavy breath. Yoongi pulls his camcorder, and hides it. Then he walks casually towards Yunghyeong. Makes him startled.

“Min Yoongi-sshi. since when you’re here? Do you hear everything?”Yunhyeong asks him.

“I just passed by, why? Is there something I should hear?”Yoongi asks him, he can sees Yunhyeong feels uneasy.

“Ah, anhiyo. I’ll go first, then”Yunhyeong excuses himself.

“I never knew I already need this camcorder,”

Yoongi pull out his camcorder. He wants to know more. If it’s about Kim Jinhwan, it will be connected to Lee Minyoung. Yoongi starts to likes her, she brings Park Jimin back to life. His friend will be going crazy if he has to lost her. Yoongi has decided. He looks for a name on his phone then pressed call button.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Hyung, can we meet this weekend?”

“Uhm, I’m free. What’s the matters?

“I need to talk about something. Makes sure you drag Namjoon and Hoseok!”

 

 

Jinhwan sits quietly on his chair. His eyes staring outside. He felt something that he doesn’t like. He doesn’t like it at all. He called Minyoung’s mother to ask about Minyoung and Park Jimin. And she said her daughter and Park Jimin are in relationship.

Jinhwan never think of it. Not at all. He closed his eyes, recalling his memories a week before Lee Minyoung’s accident. The day when Lee Minyoung suddenly called him to met her, and said those thing. His heart never beats so fast since that day.

“Jinhwan-ah, before you are married to Da Mi. I want to said something. You don’t need to answer it, I just want you to know.”Jinhwan wants to smile since he rarely met Minyoung after he told her that he proposed Da Mi, but something is off with her that day. Jinhwan never sees Minyoung in this state before. Her eyes felt so... empty. 

“Just say it, Minyoung. What is it?”Jinhwan eyes never left Minyoung’s. His stare making Minyoung turned her face from him.

“I want to say, that I’ve been liking you all this time.”Jinhwan silenced. He didn’t expect it. He never expect that Lee Minyoung had that feelings for him. But why the biggest part of him is happy hearing it from her ?

“Maybe not just like. It turned out to be love. It’s too late, right?”Minyoung said to him, stared into him with empty eyes. Jinhwan can’t feel warmth on her eyes like usual. All of the things he can did, Jimin chosed to sat there silently.

“You’re joking with me, right?”Jinhwan wanted to smack himself for saying those words while laughing at Minyoung. His bestfriend chuckled in front of him, somehow Jinhwan felt hurt. Lee Minyoung lied. She wasn’t okay.

“Ridiculous, right? I’m sorry Jinhwan, but I’m not joking.”Minyoung’s smile faded.

“ You don’t need to worry, my feeling... I’ll take care of it myself. Like I said before, I just need you to know. I’m not asking for your answer. Because since a long time ago, your happines has become mine too.”with that words, Minyoung excused herself. Jinhwan never met her again, until a day before his wedding. He got a call, and his world breaking right in front of him when the other line said Lee Minyoung had an accident.

Jinhwan staring at his phone, then decided to looks for a name in his contact list. He touch ‘call’ button, the other person answered right away.

“Yobosaeyo, jagi?”

“Can we meet?”    

 

 

Lee Minyoung sits in front of television. She can’t go any where yet, since her feet bandaged and Jimin prohibits her from doing heavy works. Walking in a far distance, and stands too long are counted. So, Lee Minyoung should stay at home for a week. Kim Seokjin allows her easily. Thanks to Park Jimin.

Her eyes directed to a box in front of her. A necklace and ring from Jimin’s mother placed there. Minyoung sighs, it’s getting hard to play this game. She doesn’t want to lie anymore. Not to her mother, not to Jimin’s mother. They don’t deserves this lies. She huffed.

“Minyoung, lunch is ready. Come here, and help me set the table!”Minyoung’s mother calls her from kitchen. She decided to accompanying Minyoung at home after Jimin called her and explain everything about their little morning drama the day before and how her daughter ended with injured ankle.

“Mom, I want to meet Jimin’s mother”Minyoung said in the middle of lunch.

“Is it something urgent? Jimin said you should rest your feet.”

“It is really urgent for me, I want to give back something to Jimin’s mother.”

“Uh? You borrow something?”

“Just say it like that. Please don’t tell Jimin if I meet his mother, okay?”

After finishings her lunch, and do the dishes Minyoung calls Jimin’s mother. They agreed to meet at Jimin’s mother place. Minyoung waited for her in the living room.

“Minyoung, dear... what bring you here?”Jimin’s mother hugs Minyoung tightly with a wide smile on her face.

“I heard you went out with Jimin to Jeju, yesterday. He told me you hurt your ankle. Is it bad?”

“Anhiyo, eommonim. Jimin just exaggerates it. He even asks a week off for me,”

“I’m glad he did it, dear. I see, he cares a lot about you. So, what bring you here?”Minyoung placed a blue box on the table, and push it to Jimin’s mother direction.

“I can’t keep it, Mrs. Park”Jimin’s mother eyes saddened. It hurts Minyoung. Jimin’s mother opened the box and seeing her necklace and rings placed there. She likes when Minyoung wears it. It suits her a lot.

“Do you have something to say, dear? Is my son hurting you?”Minyoung shakes her head. Trying to not stare into Jimin’s mother eyes. She looks down.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Park. Our relationship isn’t like what you thought,”she admits. Jimin’s mother smiled, then makes Minyoung looks at her

“You want to tell me everything that happened between you two is a lie and this is some kind of fake relationship? So Park Jimin doesn’t need to marry someone he doesn’t like, right?”Jimin’s mother gives Minyoung a motherly smile after seeing her shocked expression.

“I know it, dear. It’s impossible for him to found a girlfriend right away after I declare a war to him. The first time I met you, I just hope you’re not someone he found somewhere from the street. So, I search more information about you. I apologize for it. The most important thing is, you’re a good person, from a good family, you even can makes my son happier than before. I know, I need to hold myself from making both of you spill the truth to me and your mother.”Jimin’s mother hold Minyoung’s hand.

“But we believe, you will tell us. And I’m glad you’re not waiting until I go back to England. So, my dearest Minyoung... I forgive you, you don’t have to feel guilty anymore. Jimin can become a stubborn person, he hides his feeling well, he can be mean to you but he would never hurt you. He can be over protective to you, and he can become posessive. He has a big scar because of his brother and his father’s death. Please, bear with him for the mean time. Give him a chance to win your heart, because I’m sure he already fall for you.”Minyoung smiled, her tears fall down. She never felt so relieved after hearing Jimin’s mother forgive her. Her smile widened, and she hugs Jimin’s mother.

“Can I call you eommonim again, Mrs. Park?”she asks while seeing Jimin’s mother face, makes Jimin’s mother smiled

“Only if you agree to give my son a chance,”

“He doesn’t need that chance, eommonim. If you think he already fall for me, then we have the same feeling to each other,”

 

 

Kim Jinhwan glancing again at his wrist watch. He comes a hour earlier before the time he meets Son Da Mi. He sighed again, weighting his decision. Today, he is sure his decision is right.

“Yeobo~”Jinhwan flinched, Da Mi is standing in front of him with pouts on her face.

“Oh, you’re here already?”

“I’ve been calling you, but you’re daydreaming”Jinhwan smiled. Then apologizes.

A waitress comes to their table and then left after writes their food on the notes. Jinhwan only listened to Da Mi all the time. They eat their food, and Jinhwan would laugh if he has to laugh at Da Mi’s story.

“Da Mi, I have something to say”Jinhwan started their conversation. They’re walking at the park near the restaurant after having dinner. Da Mi stares at Jinhwan. A frown formed on her pretty face.

“Do you want to postponed our wedding again?”she asks, worried all over her face. Jinhwan shakes his head. He can hears Da Mi sighs in reliefs.

“I... I think... I can’t continue our marriage, Da Mi.”Jinhwan stares at Da Mi’s shocked face.

“Mwo?!”Da Mi never prepared herself for this. She never thinks that Jinhwan will cancelled their marriage.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter