Five : Breaking His Wall

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jagiya~ did you hear something about Minyoung?”Da Mi asks Jinhwan when he fetch her from the party. If he came earlier that night, he would passed Minyoung and Mrs. Park on his way.

“Uh, her mother said she can remember few things now.”Jinhwan answered her question. Da Mi mumbled something.

“Why? Is there something I need to know”Jinhwan took a glance at his fiancee. Da Mi fidgeting in her seat, doubting with herself. Jinhwan called her again and asked the same question to her.

“Hmm? It’s not important actually. I just met her at the party. She looks gorgeous there. And... I just wondering if she told you about her relationship yet.”Jinhwan frowned. This isn’t a news he want to hear.

“What?!”

“She came with Mrs. Park. And Mrs. Park said Minyoung is his son girlfriend. I’m happy for him! Minyoung is a good person, we have to invite both of them, jagiya~”Da Mi exclaimed happily. Jinhwan just gives her a smile.

After driving Da Mi home, Jinhwan drives to Minyoung’s house. He doesn’t care anymore, he just wants to be there soon. He wants to ask Minyoung about that information.

Jinhwan stopped his car further from his usual spot after he notices a black audi stopped few meters from him. Jinhwan is coming out from his car. He stopped when he saw Park Jimin hugging Lee Minyoung, with his own eyes. Maybe it is true, because Minyoung doesn’t push Jimin away. She cried, and his heart shattered. She never lean on him when she sad.

Unknowingly, Jinhwan’s hands formed a fists beside his body. He felt his blood boiling in his body. Jinhwan hopes this is just a nightmare. He will wakes up and this day never happened. He turns his face from two hugging person in front of him then he walks away from the scene.

Jinhwan stopped besides his car. Holding on the door handle, open it, and slammed it when he gets in the car. He grabs his steering wheels, untill his knuckles turned white. He doesn’t like it at all. Not at all. Jinhwan knows it wrong, but he made up his mind.

“I won’t let you go, Minyoung. I won’t let you go again,”he muttered, then drive away.

 

“Finally, you’re here!”Taehyung shouted. Minyoung looks at her team member in daze. Yoongi and Jungkook is there already, including Kim Seokjin.

“Why? Am I late, or do something wrong?”she asks them. Seokjin walks closer. Then look at the others, signaling them to sits.

“Your task in Jong-no police office will be ended in four months. Then, I’ll give you the new task right away,”Minyoung senses something isn’t right. They’re not in a good mood.

“Th-that’s good, right?”Taehyung hummed. Seokjin and Jungkook stealing glance at each other. Yoongi stares at her with sympathy.

“What’s wrong?”

“No, it’s okay Minyoung-sshi. We just felt weird, someone asked us privately to report about them. Just too... unusual,”Yoongi answered her. Minyoung wants to ask more but she restrains herself. Everyone aren’t in the mood to explain anything about that ‘someone’ Yoongi talking about.

“Allright, I hope this team can gives us more great news again! Good Luck!”with Seokjin’s word, they’re departed.

Seokjin sighs, he looks at his cellphone and looking for a name in his contact list. He chooses to call the number instead of sending message. The other line picks up at the fourth rings.

“Yobosaeyo, hyung?”

“Want to drink, tonight? At our usual place,”

“Me? It’s unusual of you, hyung.”Seokjin chuckled

“Bring Namjoon and Hoseok with you, I’ll treat all of you.”

“Okay. We’ll be there at eight,”

 

 

Minyoung walks back from Yunhyeong’s office, when her phone vibrated. Her smile blooms seeing Jinhwan’s name appear on her phone screen.

“Yobosaeyo, Jinhwan-sshi”

“Hi. Are you at work, now?”

“I’m working, but not in my office.”Minyoung answered Jinhwan’s question. Yoongi looking at her after hearing her voice entering the Yunhyeong’s office.

“Oh, you’re in Jong-no? Can I.. can I pick you up later?”Jinhwan asks her hesitantly. Minyoung chuckled.

“You don’t have to, Jinhwan-sshi. You must be tired after work, I’ll be okay.”

“I insist,”Minyoung silenced. Should she takes his offer?

“I’ll be allright, Jinhwan-sshi. The thing that I remembered, Da Mi-sshi won’t like it if you always around me.”Minyoung joked, but it made Jinhwan on the other line quiet.

“Noona,  Inspector Song wants us to be ready now!”Jungkook calls Minyoung loudly.

“Seems like you have to go,”Minyoung can senses Jinhwan’s sad voice. Her heart clenched hearing his voice.

“I’ll call you later, okay? You can fetch me if you’re not tired.”without waiting Jinhwan’s answer Minyoung cuts the line and following Jungkook.

Jinhwan sighed, looking at his phone. Minyoung remembers someting about him and Da Mi now. Jinhwan closing his yes while sighing hard, frustrated. Da Mi asked her family to announce their marriage few days ago, Jinhwan’s family are as shocked as he does. He just want to proceed their marriage quietly, the media is always makes everything complicated.

“Eottohkae?”he asks himself. Not knowing what to do. He glanced around his office. Then his eyes landed on his picture with Da Mi and Minyoung. Jinhwan held the picture, staring at it for a while then opened the frame. Another picture falls from the frame.

Jinhwan smiles, seeing his picture with Minyoung. It was taken when they celebrate Minyoung’s seventeenth birthday. Minyoung showed her shocked expression and her cheeks are blushing hard. Besides her is Jinhwan chuckled because he pecked her cheek.

“I miss you, Minyoung”

 

 

“There they are!”Seokjin cheered after seeing his three friends entering the place. Yoongi turns his head and smirking to Jimin. Seeing Yoongi also joined them, Jimin groaned in annoyance. He right after he drove Minyoung home the day when his mother asked Minyoung to accompanied her.

“You’re here too...”Jimin said while sits on one of the chair. Yoongi just gives him a toast. Makes the other laughed because of Jimin’s annoyed face.

Seokjin ordered drinks for the other three, then joined to their conversation. Talking about this and that, catching their time for not being able to gather together for months and only communicate trough phone or emailed each other.

“So, are you really dating her?”Yoongi opened new topic. Every one eyes darted toward one certain person who choked after hearing the question.

“You asked me?”Jimin pretends. Yoongi and Namjoon rolled their eyes. It’s really obvious since Jimin is the only person who sticks himself to a girl lately.

“Don’t play stupid, Jimin! Tell us! I’m courious too,”Hoseok hit his head.

“What if I say ‘No. We are not dating each other’?”Jimin sipped his drink again. The other hissed.

“Like we would believe you,”Seokjin snickered.

“Then why are you still asking?”Oh, Jimin doesn’t know anymore why he has to lied to his friends. It’s wrong to said like that about their relationship since it’s a fake relationship between him and Minyoung. But after that night when he saw Minyoung cried in his embrace, maybe this isn’t wrong at all.

“Don’t let her go if you really love her, Jimin. Someone can snatch her away from you,”Namjoon said with his serious expression.

“I’m not even sure our relationship is based on love.”Jimin answered. Everyone silenced. Everyone of them knows his story.

“Stop thinking you’re not believe in love, Park Jimin! You just push that feeling away because you’re scared!”Jimin grinned, Seokjin is right. He is afraid. From that night, he felt Minyoung becomes an important person in his life aside from his mother.

“She’ll remember that she loves someone else, hyung. She will leave me, like my brother and my father did,”

“Who? Minyoung? Left you for Kim Jinhwan?”Jimin sipped his drink again, not bother to answering that retorical question of Hoseok.

“Then you have to fight for her. I can see she’s care for you, but she’s afraid to approach you. I don’t know why.”Yoongi inform him. Jimin’s heart beats faster. Hoping that it is true. Seeing Jimin’s doubt, Yoongi continued.

“When we have lunch, she always asking herself if you already had your lunch. Everytime your mother calls her, her expression brightened. She told your mother everything, including her mother decision to stay at her uncle house. Minyoung also happy everytime she heard your mother makes a good friend with her mother. After she cuts Kim Jinhwan phone call, she always looks guilty. But the chance s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter