Four : Kim Jinhwan Knows

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Guys, can we talk about something?”Minyoung gathers her team attention. It’s been seven hours since they arrived at Jong-no Police Office and every members of her team scattered in a room. They said it’s journalists room. Taehyung and Jungkook walks closer to her, with sleepy eyes.

“I’m sorry for disturbing your sleep,”Minyoung apologizing. Jungkook and taehyung smiled to her.

“Eyy... Don’t be, noona. We’re sorry for fell asleep,”Jungkook threw a big grin to her. Minyoung makes him call her ‘noona’ instead of  ‘team leader’.

“Why Yoongi-sshi isn’t here?”Taehyung cleared his throat, looking at her with his uneasy expression.

“That old man will be grumpy if we disturb his slumber, Minyoung-sshi. you will never want to face his tantrum.”

“Okay, we can inform him later,”

“What we will talking about? It’s eleven at night, and where have you been? We’ve been looking for you.”Taehyung worried. Minyoung looking at her surrounding, everyone are sleeping – including Yoongi – and some of them are nowhere to be seen. Maybe they come back to their office after waiting for weeks and the police still stubborn to gives them a single news.

“They let us to report a news,”Minyoung whispers. Jungkook’s eyes widen in shock.

“Really?!”

“Yes, they let us record news from killing and kidnapping division. But they only want us to be the one making the news,”Minyoung continues

“How come?”this time, the question is from Taehyung. Minyoung checks her surrounding again, after makes sure no one heard them, she continued

“I heard them talking about a case, well... accidentally heard them. I sneak in, and listened. I joined their discussion, giving my opinion which they accept gladly. Everything turned well until one of them, Inpector Song Yunhyeong recognise that I’m not one of their team members.”

“Woaah... that’s awesome!”suddenly Taehyung hugs her.

“Hyung!”Jungkook slapped his hand, expecting Minyoung to tells him the rest of her story.

“They think my opinion is give advantage for them, so we make a deal. Now, I need us getting ready in....”Minyoung glancing at her wrist watch.

“Thirty minutes to join them, can you inform Yoongi-sshi about this?”Taehyung and Jungkook nods, excited with the news. She gives them a big smile.

“Okay then, I’ll see all of you here in twenty minutes for briefing. I need to talk to inspector Song,”

“Yes, ma’am!”they saluted.

 

 

Minyoung and her team coming back to Korea Times office in the afternoon. After waking up the whole night, they considered ‘success’ when they got high rating because of their on the spot report.

Yoongi plopped down on their room couch, resting his back. Taehyung followed. Jungkook puts his stuff at the corner, then walks toward Minyoung. She’s looking at her phone and sighing continously.

“What’s wrong, noona?”Minyoung slightly jumps after hearing Jungkook’s voice.

“Nothing. I just need to meet someone after this,”

“I can give you a ride, Seokjin hyung will allow us to go home anyway,”

“No, I’m okay. Someone will fetch me, thank you Jungkook”

Their room door opens, Seokjin coming in with Jimin behind him. Minyoung stares at him, annoyed. Seokjin clapped his hands, and giving them wide smile. He looks really pleased with their team.

“Whoaa, I’m so proud with you guys. No one ever comeback from Jong-no with that great news. They called me and said they’ll allow us records some other case. Now I can close people mouth that badmouthing this team”he informed gladly.

“Nice! Minyoung-sshi, it’s all because of you!”Taehyung exclaimed. Yoongi joins in clapping. While Minyoung shocked hearing that people talking about them.

“I’ll give you two days off after your achievement, guys. Oh, are you here to fetch Minyoung?”all heads in the room turned to Jimin.

“Do you need to announce it, hyung?”

“Looks like you need to tell us many things, Jimin-ah”Yoongi commented. A smirk plastered on his face.

“Shut it, hyung!”Jimin annoyed, Yoongi laughed aloud with Jin.

“We’ll go then,”Minyoung arrange her bag straps on her shoulder.

“Becareful, noona”Jungkook said, giving her coat.

“We will,”

Jimin opened passenger door for Minyoung. After she enters, Jimin following and drive to his mother’s apartment.

“That’s better,”Minyoung said, without looking at Jimin.

“What?”

“Your hair, you look good in that colour.”Jimin scoffed

“Yeah. Gladly, everyone hates ‘cotton candy’ theme.”finally, Minyoung laughed. Jimin joins her, he doesn’t even know why. But, her smile, laugh, and even her mood is contagious for him.

“So, you won’t join us?”Minyoung asked him. Jimin shooks his head.

“No. They who will attend the party are people who have a bussiness in cometics field. It means, only women allowed.”

“Still, you have to inform me soonest”

“I’m sorry. Do you want to sleep? It’s still far anyway,”Jimin glanced at her. She looks tired

“If you don’t mind. Will you be alright?”Minyoung asks him, she heard if you in a car you have to keep up the conversation. So, the driver wouldn’t fall asleep.

“Of course. You really look tired. You can rest, I’ll wake you when we arrived,”

“Okay, then... drive safely.”then she drift off to sleep.

Jimin reached his mother’s apartment after drive for half hour. He glanced at Minyoung, she still sleeps peacefully. A smile appear on Jimin’s face seeing his fake girlfriend sleeping beside him. Slowly, his smile disappear as soon as reality hits him. He shouldn’t felt this way towards her, or he’ll hurt himself.

“Eomma, can you come to the party alone? Minyoung just finished her job. She must be tired.”Jimin decided to call his mother. Minyoung does look tired. But his voice makes Minyoung awake.

“Dr. Park?”Jimin glancing at her and then mouthed ‘eomma’ to her.

“Eoh, she’s besides me eomma. She’s really tired, can you attend the party alone?”Minyoung softened, he does care about her. Actually, she wants to yell at him and refused to attend the party since he fetch her at the office. But she’s too tired to do that. Minyoung asks Jimin for his phone. Jimin frowned to her, then gives his phone.

Minyoung talks with his mother. She explains her condition, and said to his mother she can accompany her to the party. After they talked, Minyoung gives back his phone.

“You sure you want to accompany my mother?”

“Eung. Your mother said she also met my mother yesterday. Why you didn’t tell me about it?”Jimin smiling sheepishly.

“You tired. I just thinking how I can exclude you from my mother’s plans. Should we come inside?”Minyoung nods. Both of them entering the building, walks to the familiar room. Jimin’s mother opened the door for both of them.

“Minyoung-ah, I’m really sorry for asking you to accompany me. Is it really okay for you to go?”Jimin scoffed, earning glare from his mother.

“It is okay, Mrs. Park. My boss gives me two days off from today,”she answered with smile on her face. Jimin’s mother frowned at Minyoung.

“Are you two fighting right now?”Minyoung and Jimin glancing at each others. Confused with Jimin’s mother question.

“No, mom. We’re not in bad terms right now. Why?”

“I think you make Minyoung angry. Earlier she calls you ‘Dr. Park’ and now she addresses me with ‘Mrs. Park’.”

“Oh, I’m sorry eo..eommonim.”hearing Minyoung calls her ‘eommonim’ makes Jimin’s mother relieved. They’re in good terms right now. Maybe Minyoung hasn’t used to call her like that.

“You can go, Jimin. Our driver will fetch us and I’ll make sure Minyoung arrived at home safe and sound,”after saying it, Jimin’s mother left both of them in livingroom.

“You sure, you’re okay?”Minyoung nods.

“Here, enter your number! Call me when you need me,”Jimin gives Minyoung his phone. She’s typing her number with curious look on her face.

“What with that look?”Jimin asks her. Minyoung giggling then said ‘nothing’ refering to answer his question.

“I just not used to this caring side of yours, Dr. Park. It makes me shiver,”seeing Jimin’s dark expression makes Minyoung laughed again. Jimin back to hospital after his mother nags at him because he hasn’t go yet.

Jimin’s mother tells Minyoung to get ready and wears dress that she prepared inside one of the room in her apartment. Minyoung obeyed, and appear in front of Jimin’s mother half hour later. She wears red cocktail dress, and applied light make up. Her bloody red lipstick makes her looks perfect.

“Oh my god! You’re really gorgeous, Minyoung. Jimin should be here, yet I kick him out.”Minyoung blushed hearing Jimin’s mother compliment her.

“Thank you, Mrs.. oh, eommonim,”

“Even with simple make up you look breathtaking. Now, let me do your hair. Let your hair loose like that isn’t my style. Come on...”

Jimin’s mother gives Minyoung a satisfied stare after do her hair. Minyoung stares at her reflection in front of her. Suddenly, she thinks about Jinhwan. What will he said when she’s coming to him like this? Minyoung sure that she likes Jinhwan. Then, Da Mi comes into the picture. Makes Minyoung breaks her imagination.

“Minyoung, are you ready, dear?”Jimin’s mother appears in the room. Staring at her, pleased with her appearance. Now Minyoung felt guilt creeps into her heart. Jimin’s mother is really nice and kind to her. But she lied to her. Minyoung nods at Jimin’s mother. The older woman motioned her to wait for their driver in livingroom.

“Minyoung-ah. I’m really sorry, for doubting your relationship with Jimin and makes you sad by asking about your family,”Jimin’s mother begin the conversation. They’re sitting next to each other.

“I’m okay, eommonim. You don’t have to apologize,”Minyoung answers, reassuring her that everything is fine.

“Wait here, I need to give you something”a few minutes later, Jimin’s mother coming back from her bedroom. After she sits in her previous spot, she gives Minyoung a blue box.

“Open it,”Minyoung opens the box, confused. The box contains a beautiful necklace and a beautiful ring.

“That’s mine, from my marriage. I want you to have it. Jimin’s father proposed to me and giving me that ring. The necklace is his present for our twentieth anniversary. Jimin’s father and me planned to gave it to our very first daughter in law. You know, Jimin and his hyung always bickering about whose wive will own it. Untill three years ago before Jimin moved here, there’s a storm in our family.”Jimin’s mother learned Minyoung expression since she doesn’t talk at all. But she knows, Minyoung liste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter