Stepping Stones (Mingyu x Wonwoo)

SEVENTEEN One Shot [Requests: closed]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo is afraid of trying new things but Mingyu is there to help. To Wonwoo, Mingyu’s every movement are like his stepping stones towards a better future, one where Mingyu significantly exists in.

-----

“Let’s ride that!” Minghao grinned excitedly while he started to pull Junhui towards the line for the rollercoaster. Junhui happily followed Minghao while gesturing for his other two friends to join him. Wonwoo looked up from his bench and at Mingyu to read the younger’s facial expressions. Mingyu was clearly very eager with that bright, beaming eyes of his towards the ride. 
 
“Should we go, Wonwoo?” Mingyu questioned so quick to the point of mispronouncing Wonwoo name. Honestly, Wonwoo just did not want to ride something that went down a slope at high speed. He had never been on one and confident to say, that he will never ride one as he knew he would not be prepared to be drained. He slowly shook his head at Mingyu whose face completely dropped right after. 
 
“Why? It would be fun!” Mingyu encouraged with that same bright smile that convinced many. But not Wonwoo, well not today and not for that rollercoaster. 
 
“No,” he replied simply. As Mingyu face dropped once again, Wonwoo quickly added, “you go, I will wait for you.”
 
“Well,” Mingyu stated and ran off. Wonwoo watched as Mingyu disappeared into the long line before he pulled out his phone. But before he could actually even unlock his phone, Mingyu rushed back and smiled at Wonwoo. “I told them to meet us later, I want to hang out with you.” 
 
Wonwoo scoffed as he felt a smile tugging on his lips. 
 
“Why?” Wonwoo asked as he got up while trying to shove his phone back into his pocket. 
 
“I spend enough time with those annoying brats. Just kidding. No reason, really.” Mingyu grinned and Wonwoo really couldn’t bite back his smile, nor laughter. “Anywhere you want to go instead?”
 
Without hesitation, Wonwoo responded, “Foot court!”
 
 
 
Wonwoo should have known that a late ‘dinner’ with Junhui will result in the other being extremely drunk. Now that Junhui was drunk, there was no one to drive them both back. Well, there was Wonwoo but that idea was the last thing Wonwoo wanted to do. Despite having a license, Wonwoo never drove, he just hated it with a passion. And obviously, he couldn’t take a taxi and leave Junhui’s car behind. What should he do?
 
“What are you waiting for?” Junhui asked his breath flew all over Wonwoo’s face. Before Wonwoo could complain, Junhui grabbed the keys off Wonwoo’s hands, “if you’re not driving, then I will!” 
 
Wonwoo eyes widen. He quickly grabbed the keys and shoved Junhui into the back seat and buckled him down before a disaster could occur. “You’re drunk,” Wonwoo then stated when Junhui began to throw a fit. 
 
“But Minghao just texted me! He said he is still waiting for me! You need to hurry up!” Junhui responded and to be quite honest, never had Wonwoo heard such fluent Korean from the other man. But the thought didn’t linger long when the realization of Minghao being able to drive flashed through his head. 
 
Long story, short; drunk Junhui was a dramatic Junhui which caused Minghao to drag Mingyu to drive him here in a rush. Whilst Junhui stared at Minghao with loving eyes as the younger told him off, Mingyu offered to drive Wonwoo home. 
 
“Thanks for looking after him, Wonwoo. He’s difficult when he’s drunk,” Minghao said apologetically as he started Junhui’s car with the other singing in the back seats in their native tongue. Wonwoo nodded in understanding before Mingyu called him over.
 
“Why didn’t you just drive him home? Oh, did you drink?” Mingyu gasped dramatically after Wonwoo sat in the passenger’s seat. The elder rolled his eyes, gesturing to Mingyu that it was obvious that he did not drink. 
 
“I just prefer to not drive,” Wonwoo muttered. Maybe it was late, but Wonwoo was glad for whatever reason as Mingyu did not continue to ask questions or mock him. 
 
“Well, if you need a ride, you can call me. I can drive you whenever.” Mingyu smiled in a way where Wonwoo felt like he was wrapped in warmth. Was it because Mingyu’s car was heated or was it because of Mingyu?
 
“What a liar,” Mingyu started. Wonwoo stared at the younger and before he could say anything to counter him, Mingyu leaned towards him with an outstretched hand. 
 
“Your face is so red, how could you not have been drinking?” Mingyu laughed, his hands cupping Wonwoo’s slowly flam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter