Eleven

It's Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 



 

When the door opened, everyone was expecting to see Somi and Sejeong entering the dorm together--not just the maknae. Especially not with that kind of expressions, sad and with a tinge of anger appearing on her face--as if she just had her heart broken (which was actually true).


 

Chaeyeon, who was sitting on her bed, miraculously able to see the sullen expression on Somi’s face. With a deep frown, she immediately got up and went to the younger girl.


 

“Hey, are you okay?” Standing in between the doorframe of her bedroom, she stopped the younger girl from going further inside.


 

The oldest member, Nayoung, came out from her own room when she heard the click sound of the door being opened. When she realised there was no Sejeong behind Somi, she moved closer to the younger girl worriedly.


 

“Where’s Sejeong? I thought she was with you?” Nayoung was confused with Somi’s lonely appearance.


 

Ignoring both of these girls before her, Somi slipped through Nayoung and went inside the kitchen to put down the plastic bags on the dining table. WIthout a word to the rest of the members, she entered her room. Slamming the door closed, then plopping her tired body on her bed.


 

Hiding herself under the covers, the tears that she held in earlier back at the park flowed easily as if it was waiting for Somi to be alone. Quietly she sobbed to herself while holding tightly onto her pillow--drenching the pillowcase with her tears that kept on falling more and more.


 

A click. The door was opened and another click indicated it was closed again.


 

Somi stiffened up and had covered with her hands, trying not to make any sound.


 

Please ignore me. Please ignore me. She prayed inside her head.


 

Suddenly she felt the slight empty space on her bed dipped as someone sat on it. She didn’t know who it was but judging from the strong smell of the shampoo, she guessed it was either Sohye or Yeonjug.


 

Or was it Jieqiong unnie? Or Mina unnie? Doyeo-- Somi’s thought was interrupted by someone’s speaking.  


 

“I know you’re not sleeping yet, Somi.” It was indeed Sohye.


 

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk but I’m here if you need me. No talk needed, I can just lend you my shoulders for you to cry on--instead of hiding yourself under the covers to cry, ya know?” Sohye added the last part jokingly, hoping it can coax the younger girl to open up to her.


 

Finding it embarrassing that the older girl knew she was after all crying underneath the covers, Somi lifted her leg up before softly landed a surprise kick on Sohye’s . The older girl let out an amused laughter but winced slightly as one of Somi’s nails scratched her skin unintentionally.


 

“Ouch, your nail scratched my , ow!” Sohye’s laughter grew louder when the younger girl suddenly crawled closer to her and hugging her waist while still hiding her face underneath the covers.


 

Cooed softly, Sohye cradled Somi’s covered head and let the younger girl cuddled her. A few seconds later, a soft sobbing could be heard from the figure below. A sad smile appeared on Sohye’s lips when she heard the sobbing. “Hey, I'm here for you, okay? Just cry if you want to, I'm here.” As a response, she felt the younger girl nodded her head.

 

 

What did Sejeong unnie do to you this time, Somi? Sohye thought as she sighed inwardly, hoping it wasn’t nothing bad.


 

They stayed in that position for at least thirty minutes until the sobbing finally ceased and light snore replaced the sad sound. Carefully moving her slight numbing legs, Sohye gently tuck the younger girl and pulled the covers down a little bit so that her face was shown--to not suffocate Somi while she was sleeping. Tip toeing, Sohye quietly left the room without closing the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter