Seven

It's Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Returning to the dorm, all of I.O.I’s members were completely drained of energy; almost perfectly portraying zombies at that time. As soon as they entered their living space, everyone retreated to their respectives shared room. With the exception of these two members; Kim Chungha and Yoo Yeonjung.

 

 

Instead of heading inside their rooms, these two moved straight towards the couch in the living room and plopped their bodies on it. Looking soulless, as if they were deflated balloons.

 

 

It was always like this whenever they were done practicing with JYP sunbaenim. Being surrounded by his presence can be quite stressful as well as handful to them.

 

 

His aura can be terrifying, almost….all the time.

 

 

(Even now, somehow, they could hear his voice resonating inside their ears; demanding and instructing them to perfect their moves and singing.)

 

 

They bet he would appear in their dreams, creating endless nightmares. Maybe that was too much but it was true. After all, he did become one of their nightmares.

 

 

Not Somi, perhaps.

 

 

That little devil basically laughed her off when she saw how weary the other members were once they got home after meeting up with JYP for the first time. She kept on teasing them and it was incredibly fun--for Somi, obviously--to see them getting irritated over her playful antics.

 

 

This was why Somi first warned them to always prepare their mental and physical before meeting up with him.

 

 

“I wonder how much energy his mouth has to non-stop nagging on us like that? I mean it just went on for hours and hours! How does he do it for real?” Chungha pondered out loud.

 

 

“True!” Yeonjung immediately agreed, “Thankfully, there were break times or we could've gone deaf by now.”

 

 

Chungha chuckled slightly at the younger girl's exclamation. She didn’t refute because she knew, and everyone else in I.O.I knew and would agree as well, it could actually happen.

 

 

Then, silence engulfed them both as they were staring blankly ahead on the black screen of the television in front of them. The only sound could be heard was the snoring coming from the other members inside their bedrooms, clearly napping well.  

 

 

Just when Yeonjung almost fell asleep following the rest of the members into dreamland, the other girl just had to speak up.

 

 

“Don’t you think some of us are acting quite weird these days?” Chungha let out her curiosity.

 

 

You're the one who's weird, unnie. Yeonjung replied inside her head.

 

 

When Yeonjung remained unresponsive, Chungha decided to get a bit physical. She kicked her shin softly to nudge the younger girl, who faked her sleep, awake.

 

 

“Yo, wake up. Oi, wake the up.” The older girl grunted as she kept on nudging the younger girl with her foot out of frustration.

 

 

She did it several times more and only then did Yeonjung hummed in response.

 

 

“What is it, Chungha unnie?” Yeonjung’s lazy voice was muffled as she had her face hidden under one of the pillows on the couch.

 

 

“Didn't you hear what I said just now?” Chungha sat up lazily and glared down at the younger girl.

 

 

“I did.” Came Yeonjung’s reply nonchalantly.

 

 

“Then why aren't you replying?” Chungha raised an eyebrow in question.

 

 

“Because I don't ing know.” Was Yeonjung’s only reply before she also snored off to sleep.

 

 

Not that long later, the older girl also fell asleep and her question was forgotten when she woke up a few hours later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was unbelievable how Sejeong and Somi managed to get away from their eleven members (well, they did almost get caught by their fellow Chinese member). But since it wasn't the first time they secretly went out, they sorta have developed the skills to slip out without anyone's knowing.

 

 

It was risky going out like this but it was also fun and thrilling. Besides, no one else will be there except for them both, and that was what these two girls were aiming for--although it was different at one point for Sejeong in the beginning.

 

 

Now, the two girls were currently seated on one of the benches at the park while eating ice creams they bought from visiting the convenience store minutes ago.

 

 

Conversing about random stuff and even discussing the dance moves was enough for them both.

 

 

Being with one another was contented enough.

 

 

(Although, Somi wished she was brave to bring up the unspoken vibe between Sejeong and her.)

 

 

“Careful not to make a mess, kiddo.” Sejeong playfully teased Somi, who in returned glared at her for calling her ‘kiddo’.

 

 

“Don’t make me punch you, Sejeong unnie.” Somi huffed when Sejeong simply laughed at her words.

 

 

As Sejeong was the ice cream, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter