Nine

It's Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Somi was fuming in anger.


 

She was pissed off at what had happened throughout these painful five weeks.


 

Yes, she had been ignored for five weeks.


 

For five ing damn weeks of no exchanging of words or whatsoever. Not even a glance was spared for her. As if she'd never existed in her Sejeong unnie’s life before.


 

She tried not to pay much attention with the older girl's behaviour since she was busy with her examination last week (and she pretty damn sure she failed effortlessly). Even then, she couldn't concentrate with her studies as Sejeong kept on occupying her tangled thoughts.


 

It had been getting worse when Sejeong started to spend most of her time inside the room of the lethargic members. Since then, the amount of time she spent inside their shared rooms with Sohye, Jieqiong and Yeonjung could be count by only using one hand.


 

No one else thought Sejeong was behaving weirdly as she was still acting the same with them; conversing normally like she always had. That was one of the big reason why Somi never spoke about this to any of her members.


 

(Although she was pretty sure Chungha had been giving her a sympathetic look throughout these weeks whenever she thought Somi wasn't looking--Chungha was mistaken, however.)


 

Now, as they were resting from a long practice, Somi wanted to scream her frustration until Sejeong finally understand what she has done to her poor self, who were seated at the very back of the practice room. Mournfully watching the other girls at the front, especially Sejeong obviously.


 

The older girl was busy talking and laughing with the other members, looking fine and beautiful as always despite looking like a mess from sweating too much after practicing dancing at such lenghty amount of time. She was clearly having fun, Somi could see that. And she hated how Sejeong could still smile after all.


 

She wished the older girl would turn around and check on her or something, maybe even a small smile--that would be more than enough! She didn’t, however. And that broke Somi’s young heart even more than possible.


 

When Somi was still deep in thoughts, the dance teacher entered the room after giving them ten minutes of break. She sighed softly at the appearance of the dance teacher. Wasn't exactly in the mood to dance, Somi was feeling tired all of sudden. Even her legs wouldn’t cooperate with her when she tried to stand up.


 

Suddenly, a hand appeared in front of her eyes. Somi wished it was Sejeong’s hand. Tilting her head up, she looked expectantly, and was slightly disappointed to see it was Chungha’s hand. Again, the older girl gave her a sympathetic look that she was getting tired of receiving.


 

Forcing a smile, she took Chungha’s hand and thanked her. Then, she got into the position and pushed the thought of Sejeong away from her mind as she concentrated on dancing.


 

I need to focus. So, please be more cooperative with me, dear brain.



 

 

 



 

Sejeong knew it wasn’t fair for Somi if she kept on acting like a coward she was, right now. But to suddenly talk to the younger girl about whatever was happening between them was terrifying.


 

She wanted to speak to her so badly. She wanted to pat the back of Somi’s head and wished her good luck when she had her examination last week. Yet her ego and pride stopped her from taking another step further.


 

Now it had been almost five weeks--or already five weeks--since she ignored the younger girl. She didn’t know how it was possible for her to avoid Somi, somehow she just did and it was killing her. She could neither think nor act according to what her heart wants that she starting to feel useless. Also, the guilt that she felt grew bigger and it was eating her up completely.


 

Again tonight, she did another cowardly act by hiding her petty self inside Nayoung, Chungha and Mina’s shared room. Whenever night comes, this routine had become her fixed schedule for the past weeks and she had no intention to change it anytime soon.


 

After learning from her first nightly visit, Sejeong stayed away from Chungha’s sleeping area; which she called it “Chungha’s -kicking Zone.” So, she opted to comfortably lay her body on their oldest member’s bed. Since then, Nayoung’s bed has also become her own space from the constant visit.


 

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter