The Party - Part 1

Lilac (라이락) ♥

           "Hurry! You are the main guest! It is your party, Unnie! Now get a move on before I break the door down!” Chaerin yells from outside the bathroom. Bae Kyon is staring at herself in the full-length mirror that is in the bathroom. Examining her outfit, she thinks she looks good, but not herself. Where is her favorite jacket? Or her tights? And what about her cute, red plaid flats she likes to wear? None of those items were on her at the moment. Why? Chaerin picked out her outfit.

            Bae Kyon pulls on her floral mini dress, adjusting it so she feels more comfortable. She has on an ivory colored jacket to go with it. She is happy about having a jacket at least. She argued with Chaerin for minutes on end because Chaerin said ‘no’ to her usual navy blue school jacket she’s had for a few years. Bae Kyon sighs, content with her outfit finally, and grabs her yellow purse from the bathroom countertop. “Let’s do this,” Bae Kyon whispers to herself and puts on a bright smile, opening the bathroom door.

            “Now, let’s go!” Chaerin tells her, smiling wide and grabbing Bae Kyon’s hand.

 

            “What if- Ah, annyeonghaseyo!” S.Me starts speaking to Yoo Sawng, but immediately greets the guests as they arrive. She bows politely and as soon as they pass she looks at Yoo Sawng again. “What if-“

            “She won’t.”

            “But what if-“

            “He won’t.”

            “You’re not-“

            “I get it.”

            “I’m trying-“

            “Yah! Seung Me! Come here! I need your help!” EunMi yells from inside, carrying two giant presents in her hands. S.Me puffs her cheeks out and walks inside to help EunMi.

            “Aish, that girl- Annyeonghaseyo!” Yoo Sawng begins speaking to herself, but like S.Me, she gets cut off by guests arriving. “How are you?”

            “We’re great!” Ricky answers for him and Changjo, smiling widely. “Where’s the party?”

            “Inside. Go ahead,” Yoo Sawng gives them a brief eye smile before focusing on the other arriving guests. Changjo and Ricky go inside happily, placing a gift on the gift table. Yoo Sawng sighs quietly and marks their names off of the list. “Ricky, Changjo, Melanie, Tia and Juliane. Ah! Annyeonghaseyo Hwayoung-ssi! Annyeonghaseyo, Hyoyoung-ssi!”

            Hwayoung and Hyoyoung smile brightly and bow, as does Yoo Sawng, and greet her. They head inside, followed by Chanmi and Hyewon. Yoo Sawng spots Eunkyo rushing up to her and smiles slightly, a bit nervous internally. “Annye-“

            “Sungmin and Kiara are running late. We’re safe for twenty minutes!” Eunkyo blurts out, a wide smile appearing on her flushed face. She brushes her side bangs over and gives an eye smile to the girl.

            “But Chaerin-ah and Bae Kyon-ah aren’t here yet either,” Yoo Sawng tells her, smiling weakly, fearing the truth.

            “Aish. Well, I’ll keep a look out for you. Okay? Sound good?” Eunkyo asks, moving her hands around as she speaks to her. “I’ll be like a cool spy. You know…like James Bond! In girl form. See you inside!” With that, Eunkyo walks inside, nearly falling with her heels and manages to make it over to Chanmi and Hyewon.

           

            After ten minutes, the rest of the guests manage to arrive. Members from U-Kiss, f(x), Boyfriend, and a member from future girl group Hello Venus were attending. Sungmin, Kiara, and Maehwa hadn’t arrived, but Bae Kyon and Chaerin have. Yoo Sawng sighs in relief at the sight of the two girls rushing over. Yoo Sawng quickly ushers them inside and everyone cheers at the sight of the birthday girl.

            “Happy birthday, Bae Kyonnie!” Melanie and Tia tell Bae Kyon as she walks up to the punch bowl and grabs her a glass.

            “Thank you,” Bae Kyon replies shyly, smiling.

            “You are so pretty! And I love your hair!” Melanie tells her, smiling wide.

            “Super pretty,” Tia agrees.

            “Thank you. You both are pretty too,” Bae Kyon tells them and then takes a sip of her punch. They thank her and gradually move away so others could continue wishing her a happy birthday.

            “Bae Kyon unnie~” Chaerin sing-songs and walks up to Bae Kyon, her arms behind her back. “I want to give you my gift first. Okay?”

            “Neh~” Bae Kyon nods and smiles, excited. Chaerin pulled a small, teal colored box from behind her back and hands it to Bae Kyon. Bae Kyon happily takes it and pulls on the white bow. She opens it up and smiles wide, looking up at Chaerin and then back at the present. “How did you know I wanted this? It must have cost a bunch, Rinnie!”

            “Ani, it’s no problem. I heard you telling your Umma about it and I thought you’d like it. It’s really pretty, huh?” Chaerin grins and peeks at the charm bracelet. Bae Kyon continues to smile wide as she observes the jewelry. She embraces Chaerin in an unexpected hug and Chaerin chuckles heartily, hugging the girl back. “Do you like it?”

            “Of course! Thank you!” Bae Kyon tells her and pulls away from the hug, nodding.

 

            “Annyeong~” Minwoo chirps as he walks up to Bae Kyon, who is now sitting at a table chatting with Chanmi, Eunkyo, and Hyewon. Bae Kyon turns her attention to the boy and smiles at him, bowing in her seat. “This is for you. Uhh...F-From…me!” Minwoo holds out a small, pink box and a card. Bae Kyon accepts it and sets it on the table, opening it up. Bae Kyon giggles and pulls the necklace out.

            “Thank you!” Bae Kyon tells Minwoo, smiling at him. Minwoo blushes and bows slightly, telling her she is welcome. Bae Kyon looks at the small cupcake necklace and giggles again at how cute it is. “Really, Minwoo-ssi, thank you.” Minwoo smiles and they say a few more words before he is off to find his fellow group members.

            “I think he likes you,” Chanmi tells Bae Kyon, grinning.

            “Minwoo?” Bae Kyon’s eyes go wide and she nearly drops the necklace. She carefully places it back inside the box and chuckles nervously, reaching for the purple card. “Impossible.”

            “Why? You’re pretty,” Hyewon speaks up, nodding.

            “And cute,” Eunkyo adds.

            “And a total sweety!” Chanmi tells her, nudging her. “Minwoo is a cute guy. You two would make a cute couple, you know.”

            “A-Aniyo!” Bae Kyon tells them, face turning red as she tries to focus on her birthday card. “I don’t like him!”

            “What if he likes you?”

            “What if who likes Bae Kyon? Aish. Sorry! I’m nosey,” Youngmin says, rubbing the back of his neck. Kwangmin walks up beside him and smiles. Bae Kwon smiles back at them politely and bows in her seat, a habit. “Ah, Bae Kyon-ssi, this is for you. From Kwangmin and I.” Youngmin holds out a gift to her and smiles brightly. Bae Kyon takes the gift and thanks them both.

            “Minwoo. Does he like her?” Chanmi bluntly asks the two boys. Both boys’ eyes go wide as they look at the girl.

            “Minwoo?” Youngmin asks. “Our maknae, No Minwoo?”

            “If he does, we don’t know. Last we knew he liked a girl from A Pink.”

            “Figures,” Hyewon mumbles to herself.

            “Why?” Youngmin looks at Bae Kyon and smirks. “Do you like our maknae?”

           Bae Kyon looks at him, wide eyed, and shakes her head. “Me? What? I don’t- I like someone else.” With that, every one of them looks at her, shocked. Does she really like someone they don’t know about? Then why is she acting so shy about Minwoo?

            “Okay,” Youngmin tells her, chuckling. “Enjoy your gift, yeah?”

            “Thank you,” Bae Kyon tells him, eye smiling. They walk away, Kwangmin waving. “I’m not a mean person, but-“

            “Jo Youngmin gets on my nerves!” Hyewon admits for Bae Kyon.

 

            “Have they arrived yet?” S.Me whispers to Yoo Sawng, causing the older girl to nearly jump out of her skin. Yoo Sawng looks at S.Me and nods. S.Me looks around, not spotting the boy and his girlfriend and then realizes they are outside.