The "Date"

Lilac (라이락) ♥

            “Ready?” Bae Kyon asks, smiling at Chaerin, who is putting her earrings in.

            “What is this meeting for?” Chaerin asks for the billionth time.

            Bae Kyon shrugs, “It’s just a group meeting. Vizio unnie can’t be there because of her acting job.”

            Chaerin nods. It is Saturday, around 2 p.m. and the girls are getting ready for what Chaerin thinks is a meeting. Actually, it is the “date” that Jeongmin and Yoo Sawng planned. Even though Bae Kyon saw no point to this date, she went along with her unnie’s plan.

            Bae Kyon continues to fix her outfit.

 

            “I’m ready!” Chaerin says, looking herself over in the mirror. She didn’t know whether or not this was too formal for a meeting, or too informal for an outing. She shrugs her shoulders and turns to Bae Kyon, who is adjusting her shirt under her mini jacket.

            “Let’s go!” Bae Kyon says, smiling sweetly at the girl and grabbing her arm, dragging her out of their room and into the living room.

            “Aigo~ So cute!” S.Me says, giggling and looking at the two girls. “You know this is just a meeting right, Rinnie?”

            Chaerin nods and walks past the girls to the door. She puts on her heels and turns to the others, waiting for them to hurry up. Bae Kyon and S.Me whisper something and giggle, following Chaerin. EunMi brushes her hair and walks into the living room, joining Chaerin by the door and putting her sneakers on.

            “Total tomboy,” Chaerin comments on her best friend’s outfit. EunMi is wearing an oversized t-shirt with graphics on it, a pair of black skinny jeans, her hair down, and her white converse on. She opens the door and walks out, going before the others. It isn’t like they are hurrying anyways. Why wait?

            “Let’s go!” EunMi yells from the hallway outside their dorm. She walks up to the elevator and presses the button. As if on cue, she hears the door slam and the girls quickly walk up beside her.

            “Meeting~” S.Me cheers as the elevator opens. “Woo~”

            EunMi and Bae Kyon give her a “shut up” look. Chaerin ignores her unnie’s cheering as they stand in the elevator. She was used to her weirdness.

 

********

            “Let’s go inside, shall we?” S.Me locks arms with Chaerin and Bae Kyon as she leads them into the restaurant. EunMi rolls her eyes and follows.

            “Reservation for…um…”The 4 Sinners”, S.Me whispers to the lady. The lady nods and gestures them to follow her.

            What kind of reservation name is “The 4 Sinners”? Chaerin asks herself, grimacing. “We aren’t sinners. What the heck?”

            The girls follow the lady to the table and sit down. The lady bows and smiles, handing them their menus and asks the simple question, “What would you like to drink?”

            “Water,” they all chorus, and then chuckle. The lady nods and walks away.

            “So, what are we going to eat?” Chaerin asks. “I’m not the hungriest person. I think I’ll have a salad or something. Maybe some *kongguksu or maybe some *tojangguk.”

            “Tojangguk does sound good,” Bae Kyon comments on Chaerin’s suggestion.

            S.Me pats her pocket and pulls out her phone. It isn’t actually ringing, but she pretends it is – thanks to Vizio’s acting coaching. She answers with a “Yoboseyo?”

            Chaerin and Bae Kyon are not even paying attention, more so they are chatting about what to eat. EunMi just leans back in her chair and looks around at the other guests.

            “Neh! Talk in private? A-Arasso,” S.Me says, drawing everyone’s attention. She puts her hand to the phone and looks at EunMi, “JunSeong oppa wants to talk to us in private. I don’t know why.”

            EunMi nods and the girls stand up, excusing themselves and walking outside of the restaurant. Bae Kyon knew what is going to happen next – Jeongmin and Minwoo would appear and Chaerin would be pissed. She bites her lower lip and continues to chat with Chaerin about the meal.

            “Have you decided yet?” the lady asks, smiling at the girls. “Do you want to wait for your friends?”

            “They can order when they return. It’s okay. We’ll go ahead,” Bae Kyon answers, smiling back sweetly. The lady does an eyesmile and nods. She waits for the girls to order. Of course, they ordered what they chatted about not too long ago.

            “Neh, kamsa~” the lady bows and walks away.

            “Sometimes, I wish I was still back in Oklahoma,” Chaerin sighs, looking at Bae Kyon. “I miss their food.”

            “What kind of food?” Bae Kyon asks curiously. She never really heard Chaerin talk of her hometown and was a bit curious.

            “Pasta. I liked this place called Olive Garden.”

            “Olive Garden?”

            “Neh. I also like this place down by the Eufaula Lake called Adelitas. It is Mexican food,” she tells her. She smiles at the memories. She spoke of Oklahoma, but never really cared to mention her life there. She hated to because some people – even Koreans – stereotyped her as a ‘country girl’. She wasn’t.

 

 

          Jeongmin and Minwoo meet S.Me and EunMi outside of the restaurant. The girls tell the boys to be prepared – they also mentioned to the lady at the front that they are sorry in advance if Chaerin happens to destroy anything or…scream.

            They are led to the table by the lady, who is blushing madly because Minwoo did aegyo for her and Jeongmin gave her his killer smile – she is a hardcore Boyfriend fan. Chaerin is on her phone, reading fanfics (which is normal for her), and doesn’t notice the two boys sit down across from her. Bae Kyon’s eyes widen and she glances at her younger member, worried. Would Chaerin scream? Besides…what was Jeongmin’s plan? She was curious about that, too. She looks up at him, he and Minwoo smile and bow their heads to her, and she does the same.

            “A-Annyeong,” she says quietly, grinning.

            “How has your day been?” Jeongmin asks, smiling and crossing his arms, preparing for Chaerin’s reaction.

            With those words spoken, Chaerin’s eyes widen and her head snaps up to look at the boys. With a sudden realization that this was planned, she scoffs and raises an eyebrow, turning to Bae Kyon.

            “What are they doing here?” Chaerin asks Bae Kyon, frowning. Bae Kyon gulps and looks from the girl to the boys and then back at the girl. She chuckles.

            “Jeongmin and Minwoo wanted to meet you,” she says simply, smiling sweetly. “Now, be nice. For unnie.”

            Why?”

            “Why did you ignore my text message?” Jeongmin interrupts the girls, looking at Chaerin. “This is Minwoo, by the way. Greet yourself, Minwoo.”

            Boyfriend’s maknae and dancing machine, Minwoo imnida! It is very nice to meet both of you!” the hyper boy says happily, giving an eyesmile and a grin. Bae Kyon smiles back, but feels a bit queasy at how cute he is. She thinks he is cute and has aegyo, but it’s a bit too much for this situation.

            “I know you dance,” Chaerin says to him. “I don’t like you that much.”

            Bae Kyon kicks Chaerin under the table. Chaerin glares at her unnie. Jeongmin chuckles and pats Minwoo’s shoulder.

            “Don’t take it personally, Minwoo. She is like that.”

            “I’m like what, exactly?” Chaerin looks at Jeongmin, leaning forward on the table. He smirks and leans forward to.

            “I know you want to kiss me~” he says to her, cheekily.

            Abruptly, Chaerin pulls back and grits her teeth, grabbing her glass of water. Bae Kyon puts her hand on Chaerin’s wrist and shakes her head, saying quickly, “Don’t do it.”

            Minwoo sits there wide eyed, and extremely nervous, looking through a menu. He didn’t know what to think of these two. Jeongmin said that Chaerin was ‘different’ and ‘high tempered when messed with’, but he never expected that Jeongmin was the main reason. Chaerin seemed very…normal? She was a bit rude; what with saying she didn’t like Minwoo upfront when she hasn’t even met him before. I’m sure she’s seen him on TV, but she doesn’t know him personally. As for Bae Kyon, she was much prettier in person. Jeongmin described her as ‘true beauty’ and ‘sweet’. He kind of made a mental note that Jeongmin may like her – but Jeongmin liked a lot of girls, this was nothing new.

            Chaerin pulls her hand back, glaring at Jeongmin. He leans back as well, continuing to smirk at her. He then turns his attention to Minwoo.

            “Decided on anything to eat yet?” he asks Minwoo.

            “What did you two get?” Minwoo asks Bae Kyon – he was afraid to speak to Chaerin. He thought maybe she’d jump across the table and claw his eyes out or something.

            “We got some tojangguk, kongguksu, and a bit of kimchi. Of course we get rice and stuff with it, but that’s our main and side dishes,” Bae Kyon replies, giving an eyesmile. He’s just a boy. Boys can be nice…sometimes. No. He’s cute. Judge him like you judged S.Me. She was weird, yes, but she’s nice…and still weird. He’s…what is he? Act like he is a…maybe an alien? Aliens are cool. Yeah, be nice.

            “I love tojangguk!” Minwoo smiles wide, closing his menu. “I’ll ask the ahjumma for some.”

            “She isn’t an ahjumma,” Chaerin says bluntly. “She’s like…in her mid-20s. That’s not an ahjumma.”

            Bae Kyon kicks Chaerin under the table again. She shakes her head when Chaerin gives her a bad look, tilting her head. Chaerin doesn’t understand her need to be so nice to these two boys. Why should she? What have they done for her? Jeongmin is just a pain in her and Minwoo is a talented dancer. That, in her books, isn’t friendly guest material. That is competition – Minwoo, anyway.

            “Bae Kyonnie,” Chaerin tugs on Bae Kyon arm after a few minutes of silence and the lady comes and orders the boys’ food. Bae Kyon knows that aegyo voice and knows if she looks at her, she’ll see Chaerin’s big eyes and sad look. She looks at the boys, who are chuckling…well, Minwoo is more like giggling and Jeongmin chuckles and then smirks, looking at the childish girl.

            “What?” Bae Kyon asks, avoiding Chaerin’s gaze.

            In her aegyo voice, Chaerin tugs again, “Unnie~ When can we go home?”

            “We are here with the boys. We can’t leave. That’s mean!” Bae Kyon answers, trying to pull her arm away from the girl.

            “Yeah, it is rude. Stay and eat your food like a good girl. “Maknaes must listen to their elders,” Jeongmin tells her, knowing she is likely to blow up on him any minute for saying more stuff.

            Chaerin turns her head to look at Jeongmin. She blinks at him innocently, not giving up her aegyo phase and tilts her head. She looks back at Bae Kyon and tugs again, pouting. Minwoo lets out an “awh~” and giggles again.

            That’s right, Jeongmin. I’m not going to break like you want me to, Chaerin thinks to herself, almost smiling at her thoughts.

            Meanwhile, Bae Kyon is sitting there awkwardly, thinking, Just an alien. An alien who goes “awh~~~”. Alien. Chaerin is his master. Master Chaerin the Alien controller. Yeah. That’s what they are.

            “Here you go~” the lady coos, bringing out a big tray of food with another girl behind her, helping keep the tray held up. The four people lean back and let the ladies put the dishes on the table. Once the two leave, the four start to eat; Chaerin picks at her food, wanting to stab it repeatedly with the chopsticks in her hand. Every so often, Jeongmin asks her a question, or asks Bae Kyon, and then Minwoo joins in on the conversation. Chaerin doesn’t pay attention when the question is directed to her, but listens in to the others.

            “I would really like it if Chaerin would dance with me. I’d like to see her dance before debut maybe,” Minwoo says, wiping his mouth and glancing at the girl.

            Chaerin’s head moves slowly as she looks up at him, frowning, “Why?”

            “Because I’ve heard you can dance really well and-“

            “I’m awesome.”

            “I’d like to dance with you then.”

            “I’d like for unicorns to be real, but that doesn’t happen.”

            Bae Kyon hits Chaerin again under the table and Chaerin hits her back, frowning at her unnie. Everyone goes quiet for a while once again. This was an awkward dinner for the boys – correction, for Minwoo. He wanted to come here and speak to the girls, be friendly, converse a bit, and maybe get Chaerin to agree to a dance battle or something. Chaerin, on the other hand, wanted to do something no-so-friendly to Jeongmin and his pretty face.

            “Um…so, I saw your new MV. I hope your group does well,” Bae Kyon states to the boys, trying to break the awkward silence.

            “Thank you~!” Minwoo says happily, giving an eyesmile.

            Stop. With. The. Eyesmiling. Bae Kyon looks down, flinching. Aegyo doesn’t bother her, no, but it does when it’s being done by a boy.

            “So, Lilac’s debut is next month, right? And I heard some rumors online-“

            “What rumors?” Chaerin interrupts Jeongmin, raising an eyebrow at him. She likes knowing all the gossip; gossip about the group just makes it ten times better for her. Jeongmin thinks to himself what fun it would be to make something up, but Bae Kyon looks worried as it is. No need to make her faint or anything if he brews up something bad about the group. He just spoke the honest truth.

            “Good or bad?” he asks.

            “Bad.”

            “Good.”

            Both girls speak at the same time. Chaerin said ‘bad’, whilst Bae Kyon said ‘good’. Neither wanted to hear the other side because, well, because each preferred a side of the story or rumor.

            “Bad it is then,” Jeongmin smirks and then takes a drink of water to clear his throat. Bae Kyon moans and puts her head in her hands. Why would he choose Chaerin’s side? Why?

            “Well, go on!” Chaerin encourages him, eyes wide with wanting to know.

            “There are a good number of fans so far. Youngmin helped me look through some sites and it looks like you girls already have a fan forum.”

            “That’s good news…” Chaerin trails off, making a disappointed face.

            “Let me continue,” he says to her. “But, you’ve also got some pretty bad haters. Every group does. But you girls are too pretty it seems and those haters say you all have no talent, no skills, they are using you for looks and so on. They think Bae Kyon had tons of plastic surgery and that S.Me had botox.”

            Bae Kyon gasps and covers . Chaerin looks at her unnie and then at Jeongmin, tilting her head. She sits there for a minute.

            “Anything about me?” she asks. Chaerin doesn’t really care about haters or bad comments about herself, but it did sting sometimes when she heard them. This time, she wasn’t going to allow that.

            “Everyone thinks that you don’t need to portray a y image. Aiming at the word '’.”

            Bae Kyon’s eyes widen and she looks at Chaerin, wondering what her reaction will be. Chaerin just scoffs and then, surprisingly, chuckles. Jeongmin looks at her bewildered. Did she just laugh at what he said? He said the haters called her a and they did, and she laughed? Who does that?

            “I figured that’d happen sooner or later,” Chaerin says to the shocked three. Minwoo nods, understanding, and smiles slightly. Jeongmin just furrows his eyebrows, still not believing that comment didn’t bother her. Bae Kyon was more hurt about her comment and hers wasn’t that bad. Idols were said to have had plastic surgery all the time. Just deny it; whether it is true or not.

            “W-What was the good news, then?” Bae Kyon asks, her voice quieter than usual. Jeongmin just blinks and turns to her, but Minwoo answers first.

            “The non-haters really like Lilac! They are fans and can’t wait for the debut! I think they are already setting their biases! You girls will have to go check that out!” Minwoo says happily, smiling as he speaks. Bae Kyon smiles, too, nodding. She was excited to see if she has any fans who claim that she is their bias. That’d be so cool!

            “That’s good.”

 

            After finishing their meal, the girls wipe their mouths and chat a bit about their fans while Jeongmin hatches up another plan to break Chaerin. Minwoo sits their quietly, occasionally joining in on a chat with Bae Kyon, who tries not to choke him in the process. At one point where he asked what her favorite color was, she simply replied that she doesn’t really have a favorite but pastels and cute colors were okay, but she does like black, especially when it has sparkles in it – to that, Minwoo gave an ‘uwahh~’ and did some aegyo and gave an eyesmile. Completely overdoing it. Chaerin just rolled her eyes at him. Black was not that amazing in her eyes. Purple was the way to go. Not black.

            “Ah, we better go now,” Bae Kyon says, standing up. “Thanks for today!”

            Chaerin stands up, relieved that it is time to go, and scoots her chair under the table. The boys stand up, too.

            “We’ll walk both of you out,” Jeongmin winks at the girls.

            “You have something in your eye,” Chaerin says, pointing at his eye. “Maybe that’s why it does that all the time.”

            Minwoo chuckles and they all start to walk out. Once they reach the outside, they turn to the boys and bow. The boys bow back and smile, starting up the last bit of the conversation as they adjust their hats and scarves.

            “Maybe one day we can have our dance off, Chaerin-ssi,” Minwoo says to her, smiling. She rolls her eyes and gives a small nod so he’ll shut up. Bae Kyon keeps glancing at Jeongmin. She senses he is up to something.

            “Well, we better be off,” Chaerin says aloud, grabbing her unnie by the hand. “Bye!”

            She turns around and walks away, dragging Bae Kyon away, who simply waves.

            “Aish! I have to tell Bae Kyon to tell Yoo Sawng noona to call me about the next date!” Jeongmin says to himself. He yells at the girls – more to Bae Kyon, “Yah! Bae Kyon! I need you to tell someone something for me!”

            Bae Kyon lets go of Chaerin, who sighs and turns around to wait. Bae Kyon jogs over to the boys. Little did she know that her clumsy self is going to trip over her own feet as one of her flats come off while running: “Ne-ahhhh!“

            Chaerin gasps and covers , eyes going wide at the sight. Minwoo’s eyes also go wide. Bae Kyon wishes she wouldn’t have run. This moment had to be by far the most embarrassing moment of her life. The only thing that could make it worse was if that 16-year-old girl and her friend standing by the nearby shop who filmed the whole thing put that online.

            Bae Kyon gains her balance and pushes herself away from Jeongmin, blushing red. She looks down at her feet. “W-W-What d-did y-you w-want t-to-“

            Jeongmin just blinks and looks at the girl, “Never mind.”

            Bae Kyon nods and turns away, grabbing her shoe and putting it back on and walks back to Chaerin. They walk off in the opposite direction of the boys. Chaerin nudges the girl after getting out of sight of the boys.

            “You tripped and kissed Jeongmin. I feel sorry for you,” Chaerin says, laughing. “I bet it was awful wasn’t it? I bet you are disgusted!”

            Bae Kyon just gives a nod, not listening to her dongsaeng. Instead she bites her lower lip, staring straight ahead. What just happened exactly? How did that happen? Stupid shoes. No more wearing flats around guys.

            I kissed him. My first kiss…with Jeongmin! Of all people? I…what do I do? Bae Kyon thinks to herself. She felt nervous and flustered. Her head felt odd as did her stomach. She didn’t quite understand what was going on and she didn’t like it. What’s wrong with me?

           

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: First off, I am SO sorry for not updating like I wanted to. I have been sick and secondly, my laptop was being rude – it would not update the story whenever I tried to post the chapter.

I hope you guys enjoy~ Be sure to tell me what you think of this chapter. Is it shocking? Keke~

 

Interactive: Give me a couple shows you’d like to see the girls appear on. Make sure it is one for interviews (first of all) then name some others. (If the show has more than one host, be sure to name which host you’d like to see – some shows are like that)

 

Also, pretend you are the interviewer. Give me a couple questions you’d like to ask the girls. They can be about anything. ^^