The Little Things

Lilac (라이락) ♥

            “Wah~“ S.Me says, taking in the information that Yoo Sawng and EunMi gave her. “She’s so pretty!”

            “Very,” EunMi says, agreeing with the girl. Indeed, Sungmin’s girlfriend – Divinique’s Kiara – was pretty, but her personality could state otherwise. Kiara is a sweet girl, but if you pose a threat to her, she can be a real…. Lilac has seemed to pose a threat to her and her group.

            “I wonder why he likes her,” S.Me says aloud, biting her lower lip, “and not my Rinnie.”

            “Oh! He likes Chaerin!” EunMi says a little louder than necessary. S.Me looks at her, doubtful.  “Have you seen him around her, Squirrel unnie?” Yoo Sawng lets out a laugh at EunMi’s nickname for S.Me.

            “Yeah, but-“

            “He’s always teasing her. He has to spend every second by her side when she’s around. If she is sad, he tries to cheer her-“

            “Unnie!” Chaerin yells, cutting EunMi off. EunMi immediately shuts up and looks at the door, hopeful that Chaerin didn’t hear anything she had said. “Can I have my laptop back now?”

            “We’re in here, Rinnie!” S.Me yells to her, shutting the laptop and carrying it to the door. EunMi is still staring at the door, mouth open. Yoo Sawng repeatedly nudges her, trying to get her to snap out of it. It does no good. S.Me opens the door and sees Chaerin walking towards her. “Here~” S.Me holds the laptop out to the girl, smiling sweetly.

            “You call S.Me ‘Squirrel’?” Yoo Sawng looks at EunMi. No response.

            “EunMi had to look up pictures of her newest idol crush. You know her,” S.Me tells Chaerin, letting out a chuckle afterwards. Chaerin nods and grins, hugging her laptop. “She likes someone from Beast right?” Chaerin asks S.Me. S.Me just shrugs. Chaerin turns around and walks to her room. Once out of sight, S.Me heaves a sigh and walks back into the room and shuts the door quietly, looking over at EunMi.

            “Are you okay? You look broken,” S.Me tells EunMi, walking over to her and waving her hand in front of the girl’s face. EunMi blinks a couple of times before shutting and looking up at her.

            “I got nervous is all,” EunMi explains.

            “Mental note: when nervous, EunMi breaks,” Yoo Sawng states.

 

* * * * *

 

“So, you were with AJ?” Bae Kyon asks Vizio, trying to break the silence between them. Vizio continues to search through the channels on the TV.

            “Don’t get any ideas,” Vizio tells her.

            “No, I’m not! I swear!”

            “Good. Because if you do, I’m going to go around singing about you and Jeongmin,” Vizio tells her, grinning and nudging her. Bae Kyon winces and looks at her innocently. At that moment, her inner evil side wants to grab Vizio’s hurt wrist and twist it. She quickly shakes that thought from her mind and continues to blink innocently at the older girl. “You two do make a cute couple! I’d have beautiful nieces and nephews!”

            “W-What?” Bae Kyon’s eyes widen and a noticeable blush appears on her cheeks. She quickly puts her hands on her cheeks to hide the blush and waits for Vizio’s response, hoping she heard wrong.

            “Huh?” I said nothing.”

            “No, you said-“

            “Look! It is Super Junior!” Vizio yells, pointing at the TV. Bae Kyon removes her hands from her face and looks at the TV.

            “No, that’s-“ she looks at the empty spot beside her and pouts. “a facial cream commercial.” She stops pouting and looks around. “And I don’t like Jeongmin in that way,” she mutters to herself, grabbing the TV remote.

 

* * * * *

 

            “My heart is only for you~ Please never let it go~” Bae Kyon sings along to their song, standing in front of the practice room mirror. The girls are stretching and chatting. She ignores them, pulling her hair into a tight ponytail.

            “U-Kiss oppas have a comeback in January, right? Or is it February?” S.Me asks the girls.

            “Japanese one, too!” Vizio tells her, smiling wide. “Is it just me or does the rapping sound better in Japanese?”

            “It’s just you. I like Korean rapping the best,” Chaerin says, standing up.

            “I second that!” S.Me agrees, nodding. She does the splits whilst stretching. Chaerin points to her and nods, approving her unnie’s agreement.

            “EXO?” Yoo Sawng whispers, looking at her phone. She is reading article on allkpop. Her eyebrows furrow and the girls look at her.

            “What?” EunMi asks, crawling over to her and grabbing the phone from her hands. She looks at the screen and quickly reads what is on it. She frowns and looks up at the girls, handing Yoo Sawng her phone back. “EXO.”

            “EXO?” the other girls repeat, curious and slightly confused. They all had no idea what the two were talking about. EunMi nods her head, confirming that they heard right.

            “According to this, SM is debuting a new boy group – EXO – into two sub units, EXO-M and EXO-K, but they don’t have an official debut date yet. And get this…EXO-K debuts in Korea while EXO-M debuts in China,” Yoo Sawng tells them, reading from the screen. She looks up at them, to see a few shocked faces. “The first teaser is of a Taemin look-a-like.”

            “Taemin? No,” Chaerin says flatly, frowning and looking down at them.

            “Speaking of debuting boy groups~ I want to see B.A.P!” S.Me speaks up, smiling. Everyone ignores her.

            “You can borrow my voodoo doll, Chaerin,” Vizio tells Chaerin. No one has any idea what she is talking about, so they all give her weird looks. Chaerin grins, knowing that Vizio means well, and nods. Vizio claps her hands together and gives a wide smile, soon wincing when she realizes her wrist is still hurt. She starts fake crying silently while the girls focus back on Yoo Sawng.

            “Back to EXO, right,” Yoo Sawng says, looking at her phone. “They’re debuting in China with a Chinese song…like us.”

            “Like us?” S.Me asks.

            “Exactly.”

            “SM always wins!” Chaerin shouts, flailing her arms dramatically. She frowns and sits down, bringing her knees up to her chest. “Did they find out about NH Media debuting a new group in both Korea and China and just decide to steal their idea and get more fame?”

            “They always think they are better,” Bae Kyon pouts, turning to the girls and crossing her arms. “We’re just as good…right?”

            The girls stay quiet. They question everything in their minds. Was SM going to do this and get all the fame and fans? Sure, Lilac already has fans, even before debut. But SM is a very popular entertainment company. And with all the hype, Lilac could be left in the dark. Besides, look at U-Kiss. These boys are talented. Yet, every time they have a comeback, SM, JYP, or YG has one too and their music is overshadowed. Sad, really. The girls know that they are up against big competition, but this just adds onto everything.

            This realization brings the girls hopes down instantly and the mood in the practice room is lowered to a depressive state. Yoo Sawng puts her phone away and stands up, continuing her stretching. Bae Kyon goes back to the front and messes with her hair. Vizio rolls around on the ground, holding her hurt wrist and being dramatic, as always.

            “We need to raise more interest about Lilac,” EunMi says, breaking the silence that went on for about five minutes. Everyone looks at her, curious.

            “Like…our skills and talents?” Yoo Sawng asks her. EunMi just nods.

            “Name what we actually have first,” EunMi says after a second, thinking to herself that she has no talents.

            “Well, for instance, have singing, rapping, and dancing abilities. A triple threat. You also have a tomboy-style, which a lot of fans love actually. You are fluent in English and Korean and are learning Japanese. You are entertaining and funny,” Yoo Sawng tells her. EunMi stares at her blankly before a grin appears on her face.

            “As for Vizio unnie, she is Chinese, not Korean, so that is interesting. She is an actress and such a drama queen. People would love her hyper personality and her swag. She is our kkab queen, and knows how to control a situation easily,” Yoo Sawng says, looking at Vizio, who sits up and holds her wrist to her heart, giving a goofy smile.

            Dank chu,” Vizio tells her, still smiling goofily. Everyone chuckles at their leader.

            Yoo Sawng continues speaking, “S.Me can dance and rap really good! She looks nothing like a rapper, but her skills prove otherwise. She learns really fast, which is a good skill to have. She is also a mixture of personalities, but mainly cute and a dork. She can speak Mandarin, which is good as well.”

            “Like Vizio unnie! I’m glad I can speak it somewhat, otherwise I would’ve of never befriended her that day,” S.Me says, side hugging Vizio, causing Vizio to let out a yelp of pain even though her wrist was unaffected by the hug.

            “You would’ve befriended her anyways,” Chaerin tells her, chuckling at the sight.

            “Chaerin is a dance machine,” Yoo Sawng starts, causing Chaerin to look at her curiously. “She is confident, like Vizio, and can adapt to any situation. And she learns quickly, like S.Me. She speaks English and Korean. Plus she can pull off y and cute. She can also sing well.”

            “I love my Rinnie!” S.Me coos, hugging Chaerin. Chaerin squirms in her grip.

            “Bae Kyon has power vocals no one can match. She looks so innocent and sweet, but also has a confident and chic vibe to her. She is gorgeous, like all of you as well, but fits our visual well. She’ll have plenty of haters, but they’re just jealous. Everyone will be won over by her regardless,” Yoo Sawng says to Bae Kyon. Bae Kyon blushes from the compliments and bows slightly, thanking the older girl.

            “What about you, Yoo Sawnggie?” S.Me tilts her head at the girl. “You are a fantastic rapper! You have amazing skills with that and you dance really well! Plus, you speak English and Italian on top of the Korean! You’re awesome!”

            A smile appears on Yoo Sawng’s face; you see that rarely due to her constant expressionless face. Everyone smiles at this, agreeing with S.Me.

            “I have an idea how we can do better and impress more people,” EunMi speaks up, raising her hand up. Everyone looks at her.

 

* * * * *

 


            “Yoboseyo?” Yoo Sawng answers her phone; frowning at the fact an unknown number is calling her so late at night.

            “Anastasia?” a male voice asks. “Long time, no talk.”

 

 

 

A/N:  ;A;  I'm ALIVE! Sorry for the overdue update, how y it is, and yeah. ._.v Comment with opinions, predictions, and whatever below. I hope you haven't given up on Lilac~ ^^ Their debut is only a week away (in the fic's time), so it is coming soon~~ Fighting! <3 I'mma go work on updates now. CIAO!