The Dorm

Lilac (라이락) ♥

              “Unnie! I have everything packed! All I have left is my Hello Kitty plushie and I’m ready!” Chaerin shouts at EunMi who is in her living room, waiting.

            “We are going to be late!” EunMi yells back.

 

            S.Me met up with Vizio as they were walking from the same direction. Vizio agreed to help S.Me learn Mandarin outside of S.Me’s school. S.Me thanked Vizio. She was sure they’d be close friends. S.Me also agreed to teach Vizio Korean in exchange.

            “Unnie, what do you think about all of us moving in together?” S.Me said slowly, going over her words in her head as she spoke the Mandarin.

            Vizio spoke a little slower so S.Me could understand properly, “I think it will be fun!”

            “Me too. What about practice? I’m nervous.”

            “Why?”

            “I don’t know. I am afraid I will mess up or something.”

            “Nonsense.”

            S.Me looks at Vizio, signaling that she doesn’t understand that. Vizio nods and opens her Chinese-Korean translation book and quickly finds the words and pronounces it, “Nonsenseu.”

            S.Me makes an ‘o’ with and nods and repeats in Mandarin, “Nonsense. Really?”

            Vizio nods, “It’s ridiculous.” After a minute, Vizio takes out her phone and types in the translator and repeats what she sees on the screen, “Geugeos-eun maldo andwaeyo.”

           

 

            All the girls arrive at the NH Media building and enter into the lobby with all their suitcases. Bae Kyon has 3, Vizio has 3, S.Me has 2, Yoo Sawng has 2, EunMi has 2, and Chaerin has 4.

            All the girls look at her and she furrows her brows together, “What?!”

            “Ready?” JunSeong walks up and smiles at the girls. The girls nod and Vizio quickly types into her translator.

            “I am excited for this! Let’s go!” Vizio says, repeating what she sees on the screen out loud in Korean.

            Yoo Sawng’s eyebrows rise up as she looks at Vizio in shock, “Good job.”

            A camera crew walks up and greets the girls and JunSeong claps his hands together, “Camera crew, Lilac, Lilac, camera crew! Now, let’s go! We have filming to do!”

            The girls, followed by their manager and the camera crew, walk outside and get into the van. Three girls in the very back seat, three girls in the middle seat, a camera man in the passenger’s seat and the manager driving.

            “Girls, how do you feel about moving in together?” JunSeong asks, buckling his seatbelt and starting the van.

            “I’m excited!” Vizio speaks up, proud of her impoving Korean.

            “Me, too!” S.Me adds in.

            “I just hope no one makes a mess,” Chaerin says, “Because I am a neat freak.”

            “It’s true,” EunMi says, chuckling.

            “I hope we all get along,” Bae Kyon gives an eye-smile to the camera.

           

            The girls get out of the van, followed by the cameraman and their manager. When they reach their dorm, the manager opens the door and the girls rush in, dragging their stuff behind them. The camera crew quickly follows.

            “Two girls to a room,” the manager states, taking off his sunglasses and looking around the room, “We have the list of pairings on the coffee table.”

            The girls set their luggage down and raced to the coffee table by the big couch on the interior wall. They were nevous, yet thrilled to find out who their roommates will be.

            Vizio grabs the paper and reads aloud, “Vizio and Yoo Sawng room three; S.Me and EunMi room one; Bae Kyon and Chaerin room two.”

            Chaerin smiles and grabs Bae Kyon’s hand and drags her down the hall to their assigned room, “Come on, Unnie!”

            EunMi chuckles and looks at S.Me, “Want to go check out our room?”

            S.Me nods, “Sure!”

            Vizio sits the paper down and Yoo Sawng looks at her, pointing to the hall, “Wanna go?”

            Vizio nods and follows Yoo Sawng down the hall. The camera crew (which contains about 10 people, including 3 cameras) follows the girls. Yoo Sawng looks around the room, observing everything and grinning. Vizio twirls around in the room and smiles wide. She knew this would be awesome, and it is!

            In EunMi and S.Me’s room, S.Me is sitting on her bed, looking around. They decided EunMi gets the top bunk while S.Me gets the bottom one.

            “We need to unpack soon,” EunMi says to her baby-faced unnie.

            “Neh. Want to right now?” S.Me asks, looking at EunMi as she looked out their small window.

            “Eung.”

            They walked to the living room to grab their suitcases and walk back into their room to unpack, one of the cameramen following their every movement.

            “This reminds me of ‘U-Kiss’s Vampire’ thing they had on TV. I’m a blood type A and I act like one,” EunMi speaks to S.Me. She s her two suitcases and so does S.Me. EunMi neatly arranges her stuff and puts her clothes in one side of the closet and in one of the drawers. She puts her other things out as well, including pictures, candles, and a couple stuffed animals.

            S.Me unpacks her clothes first, like EunMi, and then starts taking her other things out, such as her Domo, other plushies, photo album, iPod, earbuds, and much more out. She plays with her plushies for a minute while EunMi rearranges the clothes in the drawers and closet.

            “My name is Chen Mi Yin, I am the mini me of Chen Mi Lei AKA S.Me!” S.Me says in a squeaky voice while playing with one of her bunny plushies.

            EunMi turns to look at S.Me while she stands at the closet. She then looks at the camera and then back at S.Me. That was an aegyo voice and EunMi hates aegyo. She turns back to the closet and winces.

 

            In Chaerin and Bae Kyon’s room, Chaerin had her things placed neatly and in her own way, like she likes. Bae Kyon waits until Chaerin finishes and she unpacks her things.

            “Why so many uniforms?” Chaerin asks Bae Kyon.

            Bae Kyon turns to Chaerin and shrugs, “I love them. I have some dresses, too. Mind handing me them since you are standing over my suitcase?”

            Chaerin nods and pulls a couple of Bae Kyon’s dresses out, “Wah~ Pretty!”

            “Thanks. Those are my favorites! You really like purple, don’t you?”

            Chaerin nods, “My favorite color.”

            Bae Kyon opens her other suitcase and pulls out a purple, babydoll dress. She hands it to Chaerin.

            “I thought you’d like this. I didn’t want it and my cousin bought it for me…and I don’t know who else to give it to. You don’t have to-“

            “I love it! Gomawo!” Chaerin takes the dress and hugs Bae Kyon. Bae Kyon chuckles and hugs her dongsaeng back.

           

            “Girls!” JunSeong calls, “You have guests!”

            Every girl stops in their tracks and looks at their roommate. The girls rush to the living room. Who could be their guests?  The girls stop dead in their tracks and stare at their guests. One of them smiles wide. She was glad to see a certain someone again.