CHAPTER 45

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

              Yerin took off the oxygen mask and sat up. Her gestures woke the male up.

“Yerin” RapMon lifted his head with a broad smile. Yerin stared at him in fear. *Namjoon oppa*

“You’re awake” he hugged her, not noticing her expression. “Oh how I worried of you, Yerin. I thought I lost you” he caressed her head.

*He lied* she thought and clenched her fist.  Tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Yerin?” RapMon cupped her face and searched her eyes. He wiped her tears. “Why are you crying? You okay? You’re hurt somewhere?”

*Yes. My heart hurt. My monster brother ate it* Yerin shook her head and stared into his eyes. “I’m okay, oppa. I just” she pulled him into embrace. “I miss you, Namjoon oppa” *I miss the old you*

“Don’t worry” RapMon caressed her head. “I’m here always, okay. There there”

              Tears streamed down her face more. At the thought that she had to lie to him and the fact that she knew the real him, her heart crushed. 

*            *            *

“Open up” RapMon held out a spoon of porridge to her. Yerin plastered a smile and opened for him to feed. “Aigoo that’s my girl” RapMon ruffled her head. “Oppa” she whined.

“Oh right” RapMon put the bowl away for a while. He got up and grabbed something from his bag. “Here” he held out something to her.

“What’s this?” Yerin received the hard cover book with an image of a black crow on the cover. *This is Tae’s. I had been keeping it after his death* her heart dropped. “When you were in the accident, they found this book with you. So they thought it’s yours”

              Yerin swallowed past the lump. She nodded. “Yes. It’s my diary” she narrowed her eyes at him. “You didn’t read it right?”

“What? No of course not. I know it’s a diary. I shouldn’t read a girl’s diary, right?” RapMon smirked and took the bowl again. Yerin slid the book under her pillow.

“I’m so happy to meet you again. I thought you’re burnt in the fire at the factory. With Jeongmin hyung” “I ran away but they didn’t manage to. The fire went up too fast” “But why didn’t you come to me?” “I’m trying to adjust my life before I could meet you” “What?” RapMon chuckled. “I can help you, Yerin. You can always count on me. I’m your brother, right? Or is it that you’re afraid that I’ll be shock to death that you’re still alive?” “Mmm.. both?” she chuckled.

              RapMon fed her.

“You know.  About the others” he started. “Owh” her eyes sadden. “I know. I saw the news. I’m so sorry for your lost, oppa. They had been your friends for years”

“Yes. But Tae is your boyfriend” “Oppa” Yerin called and swallowed the lump. “I’m okay with that now. Can we just talk about something else? I just” she sighed. *I don’t want to remember what you had done to them*

“I’m sorry” RapMon faced the floor. He lifted his head and mustered a smile. “It’s okay” she whispered and gave him a little nod.

*            *            *

              It had been weeks since Yerin was in the hospital. RapMon often take her around the hospital on her wheelchair since her legs still plastered. He pushed her pass the lobby. Yerin saw a familiar face. *It’s Jungkook’s mother*

“Namjoon oppa” Yerin called. “I’m thirsty. Can I have a drink?”

              RapMon glanced at her then lifted his head to see a vending machine. “Sure. You wait here, okay?” “Okay” He pushed her near the chairs at the lobby.  

              Yerin quickly moved towards the elder woman.

“Excuse me, Mrs. Jeon” she bowed. “Yes? How can I help you?” Mrs. Jeon was surprised that she knew her name. “How do you know me?”

“I’m Yerin, Jungkook’s friend” “Oh” her eyes sadden at the name. “Are you perhaps the noona that always help him?” “Yes I am” Yerin smiled. “What happen to you, dear?” Mrs. Jeon looked at her plastered leg and bandaged arms. “I had an accident few weeks ago. You come to get medicine, ma’am?”

“Yes” Mrs. Jeon nodded. “Ma’am, I wish I can stay and chat longer but I can’t. I just want to pass message from-“ “Jungkook?” “Yes” “How can you- Do you-“ “I met him in my dream weeks ago. And he asked me to pass this message” she closed her eyes and tried to remember what Jungkook had said. “He said he love you and his brother so much. And he’s waiting for both of you there. And he apologise”

              Mrs. Jeon lowered her head. Warm tears flowed down her aged wrinkled cheeks. “He said that?” she faced her.

“He did” Yerin reached out to her soft hands and held onto it. “I know it hurts you but you need to stay strong, ma’am. For both of your sons”

              Mrs. Jeon nodded and wiped her tears. “I will. It just that both his brother and I miss him so much. But knowing that he’s fine there, it’s a relief” “He’s okay. Kookie is all smile when I saw him in the dream” “That’s great. Thank you, Yerin” “You’re most welcome, ma’am”

              Yerin glanced at RapMon who finished buying the canned drinks.

“Ma’am, if you excuse me. I need to leave now” “Of course” Mrs. Jeon let go off her. “Wish you for fast recovery”

“Thank you. You too, ma’am” Yerin bowed with a smile. The elder replied her smile.

              She moved towards RapMon and left Mrs. Jeon.

“Here” RapMon held a can of fruit punch to her. She stared at it for a while. He sat at an empty bench. “Yerin?” he called and snapped her out from the daydream.

“You like this flavour, oppa?” “Yeah kind off. Why?” “Ah nothing. I like it too” she smiled and gulped it down. *The same flavour that you gave to the driver who hit Kookie* 

*            *            *

“Thank you, doc” RapMon bowed to the doctor who left Yerin’s bed. RapMon turned to her with a broad cheerful smile. “You heard it, Yerin? You can discharge tomorrow”

“That’s good news” Yerin smiled. RapMon took her hands and locked eyes with her. “Now we can spend time together as sibling. You have no idea how long the list of things I plan to do with my sister” Yerin laughed. “Chill, oppa. One thing at a time. I will never leave your side ever again”

“I will never let that happen. I will take care of you the whole time” RapMon held her hands and smiled. “I promise”

              Yerin smiled. “Thank you, Namjoon oppa”

*I love you, oppa. I wish I can truly believe you but knowing your real intention, I doubt your love to me, oppa*