CHAPTER 43

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

              V walked at the pier. He glanced at the evening scenery of the sea. He saw the scaffold Yerin once saved him from killing himself. He smiled at the thought of Yerin. In his grip was a notebook with a picture of crow on the hard cover he had been carrying around for weeks after he received the envelope. He went over the book again after he took a seat at the pier.

“I hope this information can help you, Yerin. I know you’re still alive” V voiced melancholic. His head went to the scaffold once again. “But these information is true and I own a company, what’s the point to live if your peer are not around anymore. And I know when I have the company, I’ll have to go up against my own friend” he stood. “I don’t want that to happen”

              V had his eyes glued to the scaffold as he approached it. The wave hit the pier, creating a calm yet scary sound. He climbed onto the scaffold. He breathed in and saw the deep sea below him. The scaffold swayed at the breeze. V dropped the book onto the floor. *Now no one can stop * He shut his eyes. He walked backward before ran towards the end of the scaffold. He jumped off the scaffold.

              Splashes of water echoed as V left the world forever.

              A person stepped on the concrete wall of the pier. RapMon smirked as he watched the water calmed again with his hand crossed on the back. “Now everyone that’s in my way are gone for good”

              Yerin hid behind the wall she had been hiding while watching V arriving at the pier. She witnessed everything. She flopped onto the floor, palm covering . Her heart crushed. “Why Tae?” she whispered between her sobs. Tears fell onto the cemented floor. was too raw with pain for her to utter any word. *I thought he’ll never take his own life. But I can’t stop him from doing so. Not like the other time. I’m so sorry. I love you, Taehyung*

*            *            *

              Yerin sauntered out from her house. She was not in her right mind. “Tae” tears trickled down her cheeks. She walked towards the row of shops. People had their eyes on her as she bumped into people as she walked. Some of them even complained and cursed her but she does not even give any attention to them. She kept on walking. Yerin remembered how Jeongmin had tried to cheer her up for the past days. She heaved a heavy sigh.

              Yerin stepped onto the tar road to cross the street. A motorbike glided towards her on full speed. A long deafening honk filled the air along with the screeching of brake. Yerin lifted her head only to found her standing in the middle of street and a familiar scene in front of her. A motorbike about to run into her.

             

 

              People screamed and some of them started to gather at the accident scene. Yerin was laying on a pool of blood, eyes already shut.