CHAPTER 41

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

              RapMon followed Jimin into Jimin’s house. Both in their suit.

“Do seat. Make yourself at home” Jimin held out his hand to the living room. RapMon sunk into the sofa as Jimin went to the kitchen. He took two cans of soft drinks from the fridge.

“Here” Jimin passed one of the drinks to RapMon. “Thanks” RapMon opened it letting out the fizz sound. He gulped it down. “It’s a tiring day”

“It’s a tiring life, you mean” Jimin glanced at him. “It’s… I don’t know. We had to attend our friends’ funeral. Both Jin and Hoseok hyung on the same day” he sighed. “How can we lose them in just a short time?”

“How can we continue our life after this? Without them?” RapMon’s voice wavered. Jin’s smiling face came into his mind. He suddenly remembered how he spend time listening to Jin when he was in the hospital. “Without our family?”

“We were friends for years. All of us. You, Jin hyung, Hoseok hyung, Yoongi hyung, Tae, Kookie and me. We went through everything together since we were students. Getting into troubles and playing around. Are we able to continue with our daily life without them?”  

              RapMon stood and wiped his tears. “I need to use the toilet” he went to the toilet. RapMon closed the toilet’s door. He the tap and let the water run onto his palms. He met eyes with his reflection. His puffy eyes had a trace of wetness. He washed his face.

*First, I lose my own sister. Now, my friend? Jimin is right. Can I even continue my life now? What’s the point of living when my loved ones is not around to give me spirit and support?* He sighed. His eyes went to the bath tub, where Jimin tried to take his own life. He smiled as the memory of the boys tried to save Jimin came into his mind. “That was years ago. Now some of them are not present anymore. I miss you guys”

              He noticed the tap of the pipe at the bath tub was not to be seen at its place. “Pity this kid. I better help him”

              RapMon got out from the toilet.

“Jimin, I’m heading out for a while” he wore his shoes. “Where are you going?” Jimin asked. “Hardware store for a while. I want to fix your tap” “No it’s okay, hyung. I can just use the shower” “Nah. I want to help fix it for you” RapMon smiled and left his house.

              Jimin sunk back into the sofa. “I know he’s sad. He’s trying to keep himself busy to forget the pain”   

*            *            *

              Jimin approached the toilet. He leaned against the door frame of the toilet. He watched as RapMon fixed the tap of the bath tub.

*I remembered how they tried to save me from killing myself* he smirked. The image of his past girlfriend, Umji came into his mind. “I want to join them”

              RapMon glanced at Jimin. He stood as he finished fixing. “What did you say?” He washed his hands and wiped it. “Umji, Yerin, Kookie, Jin hyung and Hoseok hyung” Jimin stated. His eyes stared into blank space. “I want to join me”

“No!” RapMon grabbed his shoulder. He looked into his eyes. “I can’t lose anyone anymore. Don’t do anything stupid. Please, Jimin”

              Jimin couldn’t make any eye contact with him. “You’re right. We can’t lose each other anymore”

*            *            *

              V fixed his coat. He lifted his head to see Irene in front of him, holding his apron. “You get some rest, Tae” she advised. “Nae” he gave her a faint smile. “I’ll come back to work tomorrow. Take care of the café”

“Yeah sure” her eyes landed on the male he always missed that sat at one of the tables in the café. V followed his gaze. “And don’t spend too much time with Bogum that you forget to work” V teased. “What the” she giggled. “No way. We’ll go on date after I finished work”

“Have fun both of you” V smiled. “I’m off now. See you tomorrow” he walked out the café. He waved at Bogum who waved at him back before exiting the café.

              V waited at the bus stop. He played with his feet while waiting. V looked around only to found the road was not busy. Not a single bus can be seen. He sighed and stood.

“I’m walking”

              V started to head home though he could felt his head dizzy. He stopped in front of row of stores. V lifted his head to see the sign of motel.

*            *            *

              RapMon moved his view from the sky towards a bottle of petrol beside his leg.

*I don’t drive any vehicle. So what am I going to do with this free petrol boss had gave me?*

“Wait! Yoongi have motorcycle. I should give this to him”

*            *            *

              V walked away from the staircase of the building and walked into the pavement. He saw silhouette walked passed him. He turned around to find no one. He shrugged and continued to walk home.

*            *            *

              Suga got off from his bed and opened the front door that had been knocked.

“Namjoon” he called as he saw RapMon. “Hey” RapMon smiled. “Come in” Suga invited him inside.

“You okay?” RapMon put some packeted ramyeon he had brought on his way to the motel that Suga stayed for a while on a table. Suga nodded without a word. He avoided RapMon’s eyes. RapMon pulled a chair nearby and sat in front of Suga who sat on the bed. RapMon looked around the gloomy looking room. A checked shirt was hung on the wall. “Is that-”

“Yes” Suga replied. “It’s Jungkook’s. He gave me his favourite shirt a day before he left us. It seems like Kookie already knew that he’s leaving us” his voice trailed off melancholy. He looked down to hide his tears. 

              RapMon patted his back without a word. “All of us miss him. No. We miss them”

              Suga nodded. He lifted his head and wiped his tears. He saw the bottle RapMon had put beside the front door. “What’s that?”

“Owh” RapMon followed his gaze. “My boss gave me that for free today. Since I don’t drive, I thought of giving it to you. At least you can use it for your motorcycle. You’re going back to your hometown tomorrow, right?”

“Uhuh. Tomorrow morning. I think I need some time off from this city. Many things happen in just a short time” “You’re right. You really need it” “You need it to, Namjoon” Suga smirked. “Anyway, thanks. I’ll use it tomorrow”

“Tae came just now” Suga changed the topic. He glanced at RapMon before his eyes went around the room. “He said good bye because I’m leaving tomorrow”

“He’s off early today” RapMon replied. His eyes noticed something on the table beside the bed. “Yah Yoongi” RapMon darted to the table and grabbed the object. He shoved it to Suga’s face. “When do you start smoking?!”

“Oh that” Suga smirked and took the cigarette box before keeping it into his pocket. “A long time ago. Then I stopped. But now I continued again”

“Yah you’re trying to kill yourself, right?” “Hey, chill” Suga chuckled. “This little flame can’t kill me”

“It will if you’re smoking for too long” RapMon was worried. “What are you trying to do actually? Taking your own life?”

“Shut up!” Suga snarled as he threw the cigarette box to the wall. “So what if I try to kill myself?! It’s useless to live anyway! Everyone that I love left me! My first love, my friends! I don’t see any point for me to keep living! I don’t want to be alive!”

              Suga had his hands in fist. His lips quivered, partly to keep himself to curse more and partly to keep himself from crying.

“Yoongi, I don’t mean to hurt you” RapMon voiced. Suga couldn’t keep his head up as he tried to hide his tears that already stained the floor. RapMon approached him and pulled him into an embrace. Suga sobbed harder. RapMon patted his back. “Go on. Let it all out”

*            *            *

              RapMon headed to the front door. Suga followed him.

“Namjoon” Suga whispered. His eyes were puffy. “Thank you very much” he avoided his eye contact.

              RapMon smiled and smacked his arm. “No prob, bro. You shouldn’t keep every pain to yourself. If you want someone to talk to, just talk to us. Your friends. Don’t keep that pain to yourself”

              Suga smirked. “Yea you’re right. Thanks for the petrol”

“No prob. See you later. Be careful on your journey tomorrow” RapMon waved. “Alright. See you later” Suga waved back. RapMon left.

*            *            *

              Jimin turned the tap in the bath tub. Water started to fill the once empty bath tub. The water had drenched his clothes as he stayed in the bath tub. He stared at the picture of all of them at their usual loiter spot in his grip. The sound of water filled the bathroom. *I’m witnessing the same incident that happened years ago. But this time no one can stop me*

“I miss them” he whispered as tears flowed down his cheeks. Jimin turned the lighter on and started to burn the corner of the picture. He watched as the picture burnt, erasing each person face. His eyes glued to RapMon’s picture.

-Flashback-

              Jimin opened the door to reveal a tall man with grey long sleeve shirt with his lower part of face hid by mask. His black cap shadowed his face. The two met eyes. The man suddenly grabbed his throat, strangling him. Jimin was pushed into the corner of his house. Jimin struggled to free himself from the force. Jimin kicked him so hard that the man was thrown away. Jimin flopped onto the cold floor. He coughed as he gulped a large amount of oxygen. He glared at the man who tried to get himself up. “Who are you?!” Jimin snarled but his voice wavered. His stomach clenched into fist.

              The man got up and approached Jimin. Jimin backed from him that his back met with the wall. The man knelt in front of him, looking deep into his eye. The man slowly took off his cap. Jimin was speechless as the man revealed himself. The man threw the mask aside.

“Namjoon hyung” the words clogged in his throat. Jimin blinked his eyes a few times. RapMon was still in front of him, smirked. “But why-”

              RapMon chuckled. “Pity this, kid. They didn’t know anything”

“What do you mean? Hyung? What are you doing? Why do you try to kill me?!”

“You know what I found out about all of us? You, Yoongi, Kookie, Tae, Seokjin and Hobie are the people that will give me trouble. So I thought I better eliminate my trouble so that I can achieve my goal. Don’t you agree?” “No, hyung. What goal? You mean-” “I killed them, Jimin” RapMon smirked. “All of them. And now it’s your turn”

              Jimin could felt his heart fell. The person he had trusted for years was actually the one who killed his loved ones. He clenched a fist in fury. “You didn’t kill Yerin”

“Aigo Jimin-ah” RapMon chukled. “Of course I did. She’s the major problem. You all of this happen because I didn’t get much share in our family’s company. Why should my little sister get more than me? It’s unfair! And you guys” he suddenly laughed. “I pity all of you. Died at young age without knowing that you actually have tons of money. Since you didn’t contact your family anymore, let me tell you something, Jimin. Your family actually own a company. They planned to hand it to you when you turn 26. You think I’ll wait until that time to kill you? Of course not!”

“I have a company?” “Yes. You and the others. It just that they didn’t know a thing about this. You know, your company and the others’ will gang up to roll over my company one day. That’s why I should prevent that from happening”

              Jimin chuckled. “So it’s all about money after all?”

              RapMon nodded. “And now that you know the whole story” he leaned to his ears. “I guess I need to kill you then” he whispered. RapMon strangled Jimin as Jimin tried to release himself. “Wait” Jimin chocked out. RapMon paused. Jimin coughed. “You don’t have to kill me, hyung. I already plan to kill myself. If money is all that I have in this world, that just explain more that I should disappear from this world”

“Okay then. That’s much easier, right?” RapMon stood. “Thanks” he headed to the door.

“Hyung” Jimin called. RapMon turned to him who had his hand on his bruised neck. “I love you, hyung. I hope you think again about your action. Does it really worth it? You think you will be happy with just money?”

              RapMon smiled. “You don’t meddle into my business, understand?” He waved. “Good luck with whatever you going to do” he left.

              Jimin froze there. His mind went away at the moment he found out that his friends were killed intentionally.

-End of flashback-

“How could he?” Jimin whispered. Tears slipped down. “Just because of money, someone can turn into a monster. All of us are just innocence children. I wish we could turn back time when the money didn’t bother a bit to us. I wish we can be happy again”

              He watched as the picture of Yerin got burnt.

“I wonder how she felt if she found out that all this while she was actually trying to find the monster”

              Jimin dropped the picture onto the floor. He sunk himself into the water. *I’m bringing this true story away with me. Because although hyung had turned into monster, I still love him*

*            *            *

              Tears fell onto the carpet. Suga lifted his head. His eyes spotted the bottle of petrol beside the door. His eyes then went to the lighter near him.

*            *            *

              Suga put a piece of paper in the ramyeon pot. He stood in the middle of the room. The room was reek of petrol. The empty bottle of petrol laid on the carpeted floor, last drop dripped off from the lid. He lit up the lighter in his grip and threw it onto the floor. Fire lit up the dim room. Suga looked around and saw the shirt Jungkook gave at the wall. He smiled. *I’m coming, Kookie*