CHAPTER 48

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

              Jeongmin was in the car, on the way home from the airport. His phone rang and he answered it.

“Yes, doctor. Owh okay I get it. It’s almost 5 years. That’s good news. Sure of course. Thanks doc” he ended the call. Mr. Kang looked at him from the mirror.

“It’s about Namjoon” Jeongmin stated. “The doctor said his condition is getting better” he sighed. “It’s almost 5 years he had been in that place. How’s he doing?”

“He’s doing fine” Mr. Kang answered. “In fact, he changed day by day”

“That’s good news” Jeongmin turned to the newspaper beside him. He picked the papers and read the bold words printed on the front page. His face changed. Mr. Kang glanced at him from the mirror and smiled.

| Donated and helped 7 different orphanages in 2 days, Kim Namjoon deserve a compliment |

              Jeongmin smiled reading the headline. “I see he’s success with his business now”

“He sent us his ever famous fried chicken home every day” Mr. Kang smiled. “Owh so all of you have been eating fried chicken without me, right?” “Sorry, sir. But we really enjoy the chicken from his branch”

              Jeongmin stared outside to see same chicken stores in almost every building they passed by.

“Wait, Mr. Kang!”

              Mr. Kang pulled over beside the road. Jeongmin saw RapMon was all smile treating his customer in one of the fried chicken branch. “He’s doing fine” Jeongmin smiled. “That’s a relieve”

“You don’t want to tell Miss Yerin?”

              Jeongmin turned to him. “You’re right. It had been years since they last saw each other” His eyes sadden. “They had to separate again though they met each other again”

“Things happen, sir. We can’t avoid it” “Yes” Jeongmin nodded. “You’re right, Mr. Kang”      

*            *            *

              A person turned off the TV that showed RapMon’s fried chicken stores in a documentary since he had inspired many to change. The person stood and the stereo old near the TV. The book store was filled with books from the older generation until recent novels. The person walked out passed the coffee table. On it was a sketch book with a picture of the blue butterfly with a few pencil colour laying around. The person walked out of the small old store to let sunshine bathed on her face. Yerin smiled and stared ahead.

*I’m so happy for Namjoon oppa. He’s all okay now. And he able to progress on his own. I’m glad he’s an icon for other person to change. I’m lucky Mr. Kang and Jeongmin oppa always keep me up to date about Namjoon oppa whereabout* She sighed. *I seriously miss Namjoon oppa*

“Miss” a hand held out a novel with cover of dark crow to her that took her attention. “I would like to purchase this please”

*The cover just like Taehyung’s diary that I had been keeping* She paused. “The voice…” she slowly lifted her head from staring at the novel. Her gaze shifted slowly to the arm up to the face of the person before her.

“Hi, Yerin” RapMon was standing before her with a broad smile. “Namjoon oppa” Yerin called, tears already flowed down her cheeks. RapMon put the novel away and pulled her into his embrace. She sobbed in his arms.

 

END: 17th May 2017 (23:44)

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Tell me which ending do u prefer more? I love this ending more :)