CHAPTER 39

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

“An old factory was caught on fire last night and killed almost 10 people who were trapped in there. The body identity is unidentified as they’re burnt” V closed the TV at the café. His tears slid down his cheeks but he quickly wiped it with his arm. He glanced at his other friends. Grief filled the air. The  great pain and sorrow totally shattered them. RapMon continued to stare at the picture of both him and Yerin when they were small that he always kept in his wallet. Jungkook wiped his tears. “Noona” he whispered.

              The café’s door is opened as someone rushed into the café with a luggage. Irene dropped her luggage aside as he hugged V tightly.

“Irene” V whispered as another tear slipped down. “I know. All of us will extremely miss her” Irene started to sob too. They hugged each other tightly. “Yerin is not dead” V said between his sobs. “I know it. She’s alive”

“Taehyung, don’t be like this” Irene sighed. “I know you’re hurt. But the police said it. They found bodies” “Unidentified bodies!” V broke the hug. “Yerin is not one of them. I’m positive”

“Taehyung” Irene patted his shoulder to comfort him. *He must be totally shattered. It’s her one and only love that died in the incident* “Come” she pulled him to join the others. “Hello” Irene bowed to them. “Hello” they bowed back. Irene pulled V to sit with them.

“Namjoon-ssi” Irene turned to RapMon. “Yerin told me. You’re her brother, right?”

              RapMon nodded weakly. “I’m so sorry for your lost” Irene stated. “You’re hurt too” RapMon eyes sadden. “She’s your best friend for years” “Nae” she whispered as tears slid down her cheeks. Her mind recalled how the two girls used to tease V together, how the three sat at the veranda watching the rain and them playing the badminton together. Irene sob hard. Suga who was beside her patted her back, trying to comfort her. RapMon propped his arms on his knees as he buried his face into his palms. “How can I lose my sister? It’s just too fast. We can’t even spend time together as siblings. I already planned many things to do with my sister if I found her back but-“ he chocked. “It seems that just won’t happen”  

*            *            *

              Irene put a mug of mocha on the table of a customer. She then went to V who was sweeping.

“Yah Tae” Irene tapped his shoulder. He gave her a blank expression before ignoring her again. V lifted his head to the coffee machine where Yerin used to work. His shoulder fell. “She used to work there”

“I know, Tae” Irene had her eyes to the same direction. “I miss her, Irene” “I know. I miss her too. All of us miss her” She turned her head to Suga who sat at the corner of the café. He continued to stare out the window, looking gloomy. “It had been 2 weeks, Tae. She left us. Now that she isn’t around, none of us had any spirit to do anything”

“Waiter” a customer called. “Nae” Irene snapped from the daze and continued to work.

“You’re right” V voiced to himself. “She took my spirit away” He stared out of the window, to the bright sky that always remind him of Yerin.  

*            *            *

“Yerin” the name escaped from RapMon’s mouth. He glanced to his side as a little girl smiled at him. He smiled at her.

“Focus, Namjoon. Life must go on” he wiped his tears and turned to continued his work.

              A truck pulled over to refill the gas in front of RapMon. *This truck looks like Jin’s* “Mr. Shin!” RapMon greeted brightly.

“Oh Namjoon. How are you?” Mr. Shin, the truck driver got out from the truck. “Can you help? I need to use the toilet fast” he smiled sheepishly.

“Definitely” RapMon smiled. Mr. Shin rushed away as RapMon watched him with a smirk. “He’s comical”

              RapMon refill the truck. While waiting, he saw a picture pasted on the dashboard of the truck. It was a picture of a female teenager in her school uniform, smiling. He smiled. “She must be his daughter” He finished with the refill and walked to the store. He grabbed a bottle of fruit punch and walked back to Mr. Shin’s truck. Mr. Shin closed the truck door with a thump after he entered the driver seat.

“Here, Mr. Shin. It’s on me” RapMon held out the fruit punch to him with a smile. “Oh. Thank you very much” Mr. Shin received it. “That’s so kind of you”

“Here” he gave him a mint candy. “Thank you” RapMon unwrapped and chewed it. “Is that your daughter?” he pointed to the picture of the female he spotted earlier.

              Mr. Shin followed his gaze while still drinking the fruit punch. He nodded and capped the plastic bottle. “She’s my first daughter. She’s in her last year of high school. It’s nice if you see her”

“I’m sure she’s a nice person like her father” RapMon grinned. Mr. Shin laughed. “I’m not buying it this time, Namjoon” he started the engine. “I better head off now. See you later”

“See you later. Be careful, Mr. Shin” RapMon waved. The elder waved back as he drove away.  

*            *            *

              Jin turned his head to the table beside his bed. A vase with lilies in it was placed on it. He reached out to it. He held it and he ran his finger on of the petals. Jin glanced around his room with not much furniture. He met eyes with himself in the mirror. The guy in the mirror was in his white shirt with his shorts. Jin looked back at the flower and breathe in the scent.

*It had been 5 days since Namjoon gave me these* he heaved a sigh. *He must be devastated. Her one and only sister that she had been looking for all these years suddenly dead when he planned to spend time with her. I pity him*

*            *            *

*Yerin noona* the image of Yerin smiling came into Jungkook’s mind. He glanced up to the dark sky. *Looks like it’s going to rain* he pulled up his hoodie to cover his head. He stepped through the pavement. *I wonder if she’s dead in the incident. Why is she kidnapped in first place? Jeongmin-ssi also kidnapped. Does this kidnap have anything to do with their family matter? I’m so curious*

              Jungkook stepped across the road. A screeching of wheel against the wet tar road echoed through the area. He lifted his head to found himself in front of a speeding truck. His lean figure suddenly thrown far onto the road as a truck hit him. A hysteric scream could be heard as passer-by witnessed the accident. Blood spilled beneath Jungkook’s now lifeless body.   

*            *            *

“What?!” Suga’s voice trailed off disbelief as he stood at what V had just said. V looked down in sadness while Irene beside her looked confused. “This can’t be happening” she whispered. Jimin stood beside her without a word. Suga turned his head to his side, his pupil wavered. Tears started to flow down his cheeks.

“Yah Kim Taehyung!” Suga grabbed his collar. “This is not funny, okay?! Work on some good joke will ya?!”

“No, hyung” V released himself and held Suga on his shoulder. “Jungkook is gone! Seokjin hyung called me just now. He went straight to hospital after Jungkook’s mom called him”

“It can’t be” Suga whispered. “This is nonsense. I just called him a while ago. Tae” Suga had his eyes on V who already cried silently. “This is not real. Tell me this is one of your stupid joke. Please”

“Hyung” V embraced him tightly. Suga couldn’t move but tears trailed down his cheeks.    

*            *            *

“After investigation, the narcotic department found that the truck driver, Mr. Shin Donghee had consumed drug before his truck involve in an accident that killed a teenager, Jeon Jungkook yesterday. The victim’s family-”

              Someone shut the TV that once shone the dark room. The person walked away from the TV. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Cameo Appearance           

Shindong of Super Junior