CHAPTER 42

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

“Two people in their twenties died in two different cases believed as an attempt to kill themselves yesterday. The first victim, Park Jimin was found dead in his bathroom, by neighbour late at night when the neighbour claim that the dead left his house door ajar from the morning. “I thought some burglar break into his house because the door was left ajar from the morning. So I entered the unit and look for him (Park Jimin) around his house only to found him drown in the bath tub” Said neighbour, Lee Hyukjae, 29. The second victim, Min Yoongi was found dead after fire truck put out the fire that burnt a room in a motel. It is found that the dead had left a letter in a pot. Both victims were believed to be friends-”

              A person closed the TV. The person stood. Tears fell onto the carpet. The person wiped the tears and towards the front door. The person pulled the hoodie over the head. The person locked the door before stepped out from the terrace house area. The person looked up, enabling the sunlight to shine the face and revealed the face. Yerin’s eyes sadden as she suddenly remembered the topic Jeongmin and her had been discussing for the past weeks.

-Flashback-

“Can’t you see, Yerin?!” Jeongmin almost shout in rage. The two were at the terrace house Yerin had rent after the fire incident. Yerin joined Jeongmin at the dining table that was now full of papers. “Aniya, oppa” she replied. “It can’t be. Namjoon oppa wouldn’t do such thing”

“You think he wouldn’t do?!” Jeongmin threw some papers in front of Yerin. She took it and read it.

“He had look through these big groups that had been with HC company for years. He looked through their background. Min Company, Wook Company, JS Group, SK Group, WS Firm and MK Group. These groups belong to your friends. Your friends doesn’t have any idea them being the heir to these giant company. Min company belongs to Yoongi, Wook Company belongs to Jungkook, SK belongs to Seokjin, JS belongs to Hoseok, WS belongs to Jimin and MK is Tae’s. Namjoon knew if these company invested in our company, your friends will exploit. Thus, HC Company can lose everything we had been working on for years”

“But Namjoon oppa wouldn’t kill someone just for money” “Look” Jeongmin threw another set of papers in front of her. “I had my people to watch over Namjoon while both us watching the others. Namjoon does not kill them physically”

              Yerin turned to him at the word.

“He killed them” Jeongmin looked at her. “Emotionally. Since Namjoon knew them for years, he knew his friends’ weakness. He learnt that they really treasure their friendship more than anything else in the world that they willing sacrifice anything for their friendship to last long. So he use that. Namjoon disturb their feelings and he gave them anything that may help them to take their own life. My people had investigated that the lily that Namjoon gave to Seokjin contain some chemical that if inhaled for a period of time can damage the brain cell. And Jungkook’s case, they investigated the truck driver and found out he received the drink containing drug from Namjoon when the driver visited the petrol station”

“Listen, Jeongmin oppa” Yerin threw the papers onto the table. “You think my own brother will kill my friends?”

“Of course” Jeongmin nodded. “Money can turn someone so pure into a monster, Yerin. You remember how he planned everything so nicely that no one realise he was actually trying to kill his cousins and his own sister that he spent years to look for? He wants all the fortune all to himself, Yerin. Can’t you see?” he grabbed another set of papers.

“Besides” he gave her the papers and she read it again for the hundredth time. “He’s a psychopath” Jeongmin stated. “I look up on him by myself. People around him said he often stared at an empty space and smiled alone. He once told his boss that his little sister was there with him, following him around. Although he’s your brother, that doesn’t mean you know him really well. You two only met again recently” Jeongmin grabbed his coat.

“Think about it, Yerin. Right now, Namjoon is the only person who seems possible to do this crime” he motioned towards the front door. “He already made Jungkook, Hoseok and Seokjin lost their lives. Let’s hope no one else left us” he exited the door.

-End of flashback-

“It’s unfortunate. We already lost another two friends” tears slid down her face. RapMon’s face came into her mind. “Looks like I’m suspecting my own brother. Sorry, oppa” she glanced at the envelope in her grip.

*            *            *

              Yerin was standing not far outside the café. She watched the café with her face shadowed by the hoodie. V plastered a smile as he served a customer. Yerin’s eyes sadden as she saw both V and Irene. *I miss them so much*

              She looked down to the envelope. *I wish I don’t have to do all this. I wish we are just like before. A bunch of kids who love to have fun instead of involving ourselves in adult’s business*

              She approached a male who was about to enter the café. “Excuse me”

“Yes” he replied. “Can I ask you a favour?” “Yes sure”

              She handed the envelope to him. “Give this to that waiter over there” she pointed to V. “But if he asks anything, just answer you don’t know. Thank you very much” she bowed and left him before he could reply.   

 

 

“Excuse me. Someone wants you to have this” the male customer handed the envelope to V. V put the dishes he was carrying onto the counter for a while. V received it. “What’s this? Who gave it?”

“I’m sorry but I don’t know” the customer left to take his seat.

*What’s this?* V opened the envelope onto to find papers with words printed on it including a letter.

| Hello, Kim Taehyung. I’m sorry for your lost. But right now, I don’t want you to lose hope. Things aren’t like they used to be. Some people may have left you but you shouldn’t feel dispirited. I’m sorry that I can’t reveal my identity as this is for you, Irene and my safety. I want to inform you something important but you have to know that giving you these documents is a tough decision for me to make. With these letter, I include you evidences of your friend, Kim Namjoon commit a deadly crime, that is murder. I know you’ll have a hard time to accept this fact but you should know that I have a tough time to accept it to. So I hope you stay strong and may all of the content of this envelope be secret for both you and me |

              He gasped but then his eyes narrowed. *Who send this?* He looked around. He ran out of the café and looked around. He spotted a person with hoodie as the person board the bus that was above to move. “That person!”

“Wait!” he ran for the bus but it started to move and left V. V stopped there and stared as the bus go. “It must be that person who gave me this” He looked at the envelope, hesitated to look into its content. “Namjoon hyung? Suicide? What does that mean?”

“Damn it!” He went through the document. His eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. “This can’t be true. It could be fabricated” He read about RapMon health background. “Psycopath?” he whispered. “This is bull!” he kept the documents and he found a photograph. He took it out. It was a picture of a handwritten letter. V turned the photo over. Behind it written ‘ Yoongi’s last letter’.

“Last letter?” he read the letter. “Wait” he stopped. V kept the photo and darted into the café.

“Where have you been, Tae?” Irene asked as she picked up the dirty dishes. V snatched the remote control and the TV.

“Both bodies of the late Park Jimin and Min Yoongi were safely transferred from their suicide place”

              V was speechless at the news.

“Tae” Irene whispered as both of them had their eyes at the screen. V didn’t react to her. “It’s true” he whispered. He turned to Irene with his head facing down. His bang shadowed his face. Irene put the dishes aside. V approached her without a word. She knew how he felt. V went into her embrace. Irene patted his back and she could felt his tears on her shoulder.