CHAPTER 47

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

              A male in black entered a dark office in middle of the night. With sight of no one, he closed the door and moved to the desk. He bent down to the drawers and started to search for something. A kick suddenly hit him at his back and his body was thrown to the side. A few man held onto him, forbidding him from moving. The light of the office was switched on, revealing a few men holding onto the man in black. Jeongmin approached them from the switch box. He smirked.

“Look who we have here” he grabbed onto the mask that cover the lower part of the man’s face. He snatched it off. “Kim Namjoon” Jeongmin called the man in black name.

              RapMon stared at him in complete fury. “How can you still be alive? I killed you! I killed all of you!”

“No. We’re all safe. All thanks to your sister. Ah, wait” Jeongmin took something out from the pocket and showed it to him. It was keys. “Looking for this, Namjoon? You know Youngjae gave me the key to the safe, right? But he gave to me instead. He knew the keys is not safe around him” Jeongmin turned and threw the keys towards Youngjae who just entered the office room.

“I called the cops. They’ll be here in a minute” Youngjae informed. Jeongmin turned to RapMon who grind his teeth in anger. “You’re not going to win” he warned.

“No, Namjoon. We already won” Jeongmin replied.

              RapMon’s eyes fell to the floor as his shoulder fell. His hand relaxed from forming a fist. He sighed and faced Jeongmin. He smirked “I admit it. I lost”

*            *            *

              Jeongmin entered his penthouse and walked passed a room with the door wide agape.

“Jeongmin oppa” a female called. Jeongmin walked backwards to see the female in the room. “You’re still up, Yerin? It’s already 4 a.m.” he walked into her room.          

              Yerin watched as he took a seat at a sofa near the TV in the room.

“Drawing at this hour?” he asked her who was sitting on the bed with sketchbook and pencil in her grip. Her legs were still casted. “Nightmares” she smirked. “Where were you? You’re back late”

“You remember about my plan the other day?” “About catching Namjoon oppa?” “We caught him”

              She gasped. “Really? How? When? Just now?”

“Yes. He tried to steal the key in my office. We caught him at that time” “Is he okay? He’s not hurt, right?” “He’s fine. He seems like giving up but I don’t know” he shrugged and glanced at her. “Why are you worrying about him? He tried to kill you, remember?”

              Yerin smiled. “I know. But he’s my brother. I can’t hate him” “Adopted” “But I still love him. I don’t care if he’s not my real brother. Yes he may have tried to kill me, but I cannot hate him. I tried but I just can’t”

              Jeongmin stared at her in disbelieve. “Looks like I have a hard time to accept him in this family again” he stood and walked towards the door. “Don’t sleep too late, Yerin”

“Thank you, Jeongmin oppa” she voiced. He turned away from the door.

“You had helped me a lot all this while. I don’t know if I can ever repay you” “Tsk. I can’t leave you out at the street bleeding to death, right? Besides” he grabbed the knob. “We’re family. I will always help you. Remember that” he smirked. She nodded. “Good night. Rest well, oppa”

“Alright. You too” Jeongmin closed the door behind him. He leaned against the door and sighed. “I wonder how I can help Namjoon?”

*            *            *

              Yerin dropped her luggage on the cemented floor of the jetty. Smell of sea filled the air. She turned around to see the ferry she had rode left the small island. Seagulls caught her attention. She smiled.

-Flashback-

“Come on, Jeongmin oppa. Please” she pleaded and followed him around the penthouse. “No. I won’t allow it” Jeongmin walked towards the kitchen and to the fridge. “Please” Yerin made cute faces. “You think that work on me, don’t you?” he walked away after he took an apple. “Owwh, oppa” she pouted.

“Look” he turned to her. “Tell me why I should send you there? Aren’t you comfortable here living with me?”
“No it’s not like that. I just” she sighed. “I thought I want to start a new life at other place. Staying here will only make me suffer” her eyes sadden.

              Jeongmin sighed and sat on the counter.

“But you just heal. I can’t just let you go out to an island alone” “Then I will not leave now. I will leave later maybe a few weeks from now”  He was silent and stared at her face, thinking. Yerin still waiting for his answer.  

-End of flashback-

              Yerin walked around the new neighbourhood as she continuously read an address in her phone. She stopped in front of a house. “Here”

*            *            *

              Jeongmin looked up to see RapMon in his prison outfit at the side of the divider.

“How are you?” Jeongmin asked. RapMon looked away, ignoring him. Jeongmin sighed. “You know it’s no use ignoring me every single day, right? Can’t you be grateful that your family member came to visit every day?”

“Tsk” RapMon chuckled. “Family member?”

“Yes. Other people can’t even see their family everyday”

              RapMon ignore him.

“You know what, this one news will make you turn to me” Jeongmin said. “Maybe you’ll be extremely mad at me but I just going to tell you. The fortune that you had been chasing for years, we donated all of it”

              RapMon stood in anger that the chair fell. His eyes shot to Jeongmin. “What did you say?”

“We donated. The company’s fortune” Jeongmin rephrased. “How can you stupid people do that?!” RapMon picked the chair and about to throw it towards Jeongmin but the guards held onto him. Jeongmin continued to stare at RapMon. “You need to control that temper of yours, Namjoon. Now no one will after that fortune. Your only treasure left now is us, your family”

“Go away!” RapMon snarled. Jeongmin stared at him for a while and stood. “See you later, then. But I don’t think I’ll come tomorrow. I have no reason to come here anyway. Just think about what I told you, your sisters and your friends words. Maybe it’s time for you to change to a better person” Jeongmin left the room.

*            *            *

              Jeongmin stared from outside of a room. He watched as RapMon was undergoing the therapy for psychopath.

“I hope this therapy work” Mr. Kang voiced as he followed his view to RapMon. “I hope so” Jeongmin replied. “Let’s go. I have no reason to stay here longer” Jeongmin turned away with Mr. Kang followed. “I know. Since Yerin wasn’t around”

“I can’t stand her blabbering me to check on his brother every day. I just come here to check on him if my schedule is free” Jeongmin replied.