CHAPTER 46

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

              RapMon pushed Yerin along the pavement of the hospital park. He stopped and bent down to a daisy. He picked one of it and knelt before Yerin. He curled a lock behind her ear and smiled warmly at her. He slipped the daisy to her ear. Just like J-Hope did in Yerin’s dream. She swallowed the lump and gave him a warm smile.

“Aigo how can I have such a beautiful little sister?” he complimented. “Oppa” she smiled shyly. RapMon leaned in and planted a kiss on her head. Yerin was stunted but hid it from showing on her face. She held onto V’s book in her grip tightly.

 

 

              RapMon pushed her into the building.

“Oppa” Yerin glanced at him. “What story you want to tell me the other day?”

“Owh that story” RapMon nodded as he remembered promising to tell her a story of someone he knew. “Well the story is not really that interesting. I thought of telling you the story later this evening”

“Come on, oppa. Tell me now. You promised. Besides, the person who listen to it will decide if the story is interesting or not. So I’ll decide if the story if interesting” Yerin pouted. He chuckled. “You’re right. Everything depend on you, right? Alright then”

              They walked along the hallway with less people. Yerin listened to his story but somehow, she could have guessed what will happen. She held onto the book tighter.  

“It starts like this” he began. “This person I know spend years looking for something so dear to him. He sacrifices everything, his time, money, energy just to find this treasure of his. Years later, he finally found it. And so he took care of this treasure so careful he wouldn’t even let even a speck of dust lands on it. He took care of it so well that no one can ever touch it. But one day, his brother paid him a visit at his house. Guess what, his brother tried to steal the treasure” RapMon pushed her towards the end of the empty hallway. RapMon stopped the wheelchair in front of a door that lead to stairs. He opened the door. “This person I know tried all his best to protect the treasure but then his brother still tries to take it away. Guess what, he made a huge decision back there. He killed his own brother”

              Yerin lifted her head from the flight of stairs before her and to RapMon. He smiled. “So how’s the story? Doesn’t it sound familiar to you?”

“It does. Does that person you know owns a lot of fortune that he never knew until he met his sister” “So you know what this whole story is about?” “I know what game you’re playing, oppa” Yerin smirked at him.

“So it turns out that, that person you’re talking about is you and the brother, I guess it’s either me, your own sister who you about to kill or your friends whom you killed. Am I right?” she smirked. RapMon chuckled, astonished. “Aigo my little sister is so clever!” he ruffled her head. “You’re right. But let me tell you something you don’t know. Our grandfather should inherit the company to me, not you. You done nothing for him. I’m the one who always helps him but he never saw me. You know why?” he leaned in to her ears. “Because I’m adopted”

              Yerin turned to him in disbelieve as he sat on the stairs beside her.

“Looks like that fact doesn’t get to you, Yerin” he shrugged. “Anyway, Grandpa doesn’t believe in me although I’ve been in the family since I was a baby so he inherited the company to his first real grandchild, you. But I think it’s unfair. Don’t you think so? I told omma that Grandpa hates me but she doesn’t believe me. I don’t blame her though. Who doesn’t believe their own dad right? Rather than believing me, an adopted member of the family. So that’s how Grandpa inherit all of his fortunes to you and ignored me but you’re stupid enough to hand the company to Youngjae. Why, Yerin? I’m curious” “Simple. It’s because I don’t want to become a monster like you” she replied.

              He nodded. “A monster like me you say? Alright then” “Only a monster willing to kill his own friends and family just for money” “Friends” he chuckled. “I pity those people. They didn’t know they own such fortune but dead at such a young age. I know all of them will gang up to go against me when I own the company” “They will not if all of you are friends!” she darted her eyes to him and almost shout. “Can’t you see, oppa? You’re the one who didn’t believe in them and everyone around you” “No you’re just a kid. You know nothing about believe” “No. You’re the one who didn’t know. They’re being friends with you sincerely but you wasted their trust on you” “Believe, trust” he chuckled. He turned to her. “You know those are lies, right? Those things never exist between us”

 

“Anyway” he stood and held onto the wheelchair handle. “I successfully kill them without getting my hands dirty and the other family members. It’s amazing, isn’t it? How I can do this without the cops getting me” “The cops will get to you, I’m sure of it” she warned.

              RapMon leaned in to her ears. “They will not, Yerin dear. I had cleaned all the evidence and I’ll be safe. That’s how the story will end” “No, oppa. I already know about it. What you did to clear the evidence. You think what I’m doing after the kidnap incidence. I know you told them to burn us into ashes at the factory”

-Flashback-

              RapMon and the others were in truck on the way to the run-down factory. His phone rang.

“I don’t them anymore. Just burn them down. Yes. Of course. Thank you” RapMon ended the call. Jin glanced at him. “Who is it?” “My neighbour” RapMon kept his phone. “He must not know that I’m in this big crisis” He chuckled. “He asked me about the comic books he borrowed. But I told him that he can just burn them because I don’t really want to keep them anymore” he sighed. “What’s the point of returning it I may not read it with Yerin like we used to?”

“Namjoon, don’t say so. I’m sure Yerin is alright” Jin replied. “Let’s just hope for the best”

-End of flashback-

             

              RapMon laughed and smirked. “Seriously, you’re too clever, Yerin. Now you already have in mind what’s going to happen, right?” he turned to the stairs before them. “What will happen now, Yerin? Looks like the story depends on you”

              Yerin looked up to him. “As your little sister, I love you, oppa. And I know your disease can be cure. But if you want to kill me for the fortune, go on. Just remember this thing. You can’t bring those fortunes you’re so proud off to the afterlife. And you’re the loneliest person on earth if you choose money over friends and family. You agree, my psychopath oppa?”

              RapMon smiled and caressed her head. “I don’t give a damn about what you say. Good bye, my dear sister”

              The wheel moved forward down the stairs with loud thumps. RapMon closed the door behind him with a relieved smile and walked away from the scene.

              Yerin opened her eyes a tad and saw her own blood spilled on the white tile of the landing. Her eyes began to decrease the gap. The door was suddenly opened by a female as she gasped at the sight of the bloody scene. The female ran to the counter.

“What happen, miss?” a nurse at the counter asked as the female panted. “A girl. At the stairs” the female voiced between her pant. Nurses there exchanged stares and later rushed, following the female towards the stairs. “I was about to use the stairs when I saw a person bleeding laying on the floor there” the female tried to explain.

              The door bursted open once again but the female gasped. And so did the other nurses. The floor before them was spilled with blood and a wheelchair was laying nearby. With no sight of anyone around. “But” the female stuttered. “I saw a girl here just now” she pointed to the place Yerin once laid.              

*            *            *

“The incident involving 7 young males’ death in different cases are discovered to be correlated. The cases are now investigated not as suicide but murder by a same person and will further be investigated”