CHAPTER 37

Walking With You (The Second Ending)

“Bye, Yerin” V glanced at Yerin as he sent her near her apartment. “Bye” she unwinds their linked arms. She pulled him into an embraced. “See you tomorrow, Tae. Have a good night sleep”

“You too” V caressed her hair. “See you in dreamland” he winked.

              Yerin chuckled but actually she felt a tingle like a shooting star. She can’t stop herself from faling for V more. “Alright, namja cingu” She waved.

             

 

They went their separate ways. V was already on his bed. He closed his eyes. He heaved a sigh and turned the other side.

“What’s this feeling?”

*            *            *

              RapMon ran into the café. His eyes ran to Jin, V, J-Hope, Jungkook and Jimin.

“Found her?” Jin asked panicly. RapMon sighed and shook his head. “This is ridiculous!” V threw his apron onto one of the chair in complete livid. The café was not filled with customers that late afternoon. “Where’s noona?” Jungkook asked.

“YAH!” Suga bursted into the café. “I couldn’t get Jeongmin either. His secretary said he left a letter in his room this morning saying he had to leave the country alone”

“That just sounds too stupid, right?” Jimin stated. “He wouldn’t leave the country alone in the wee hour just for a business trip”

              They exchanged looks in the tense situation. “Where is my sister?” his words wavered. He held onto his stomach that started to clench into fist. “Nothing bad happen to her” J-Hope patted his shoulder and gave him an assuring smile though he himself did not even sure where Yerin was. “Believe me”

*            *            *

              Jeongmin winched at the sight of his other cousin, Youngjae being kicked in front of him by a guy in black outfit. A few other men with the same outfit and had their lowered part of face covered by mask guarded the area of the rundown factory. Jeongmin met eye with Youngjae who started to lost conscious. A pool of blood spilled beneath him.

“Why are you doing this?” Youngjae struggled to voice. The guy chuckled and pulled him to sit. “You know the answer. Why do you abandon the people who helped you from your shareholder list, Mr. Pres?”

“So” Youngjae smirked. “It’s all about money after all?” he chuckled. “They must have united to kill me”

“Stop it!” a female with bruised face snarled. The guy turned to her. He let go off Youngjae and let his beaten body hit the cold floor. The guy knelt before her and pulled her hair that made her faced him. She glared at him.

“Don’t you dare touch my noona!” Youngjae warned. He pushed himself off the floor which was hard as his hands were tied. He dragged himself towards them. The guy smirked. “Owh this just too cute, eh?”

              The guy dragged Youngjae’s sister toward the center.

“Youngjae-ah!” she quickly went to get her injured brother. “Noona” he smiled faintly. The guy picked up a plank and swung it towards them.   

              Jeongmin closed his eyes and turned away, not willing to see. His other relatives did the same. He saw Yerin. *I hope they get my message* Jeongmin spit blood to the side. *They get me really hard this time. Since they caught me calling for help* He sighed but smirked.

*            *            *

“Excuse me!” a man in black suit burst into the café with a few other men. They darted to the boys who were confused. “You’re Jeongmin cousin’s boyfriend, right?” he asked V. “Nae” V nodded. “I’m Mr. Kang. Jeongmin’s guard” he introduced.

“Minutes ago, we received this” he took out his phone and played a voice recording. It was Jeongmin’s voice. The boys surrounded the phone and zipped their lips.

“Mr. Kang, help us” he whispered weakly. “I’m not sure where we are but this whole place smells like rubber” he coughed. “Hurry up. Yerin…she’s…she is not waking up. It had been hours-“

              The call ended.

“Yerin!” V snarled. “We should find them!”

“We thought maybe the kidnappers had moved them to the other place. We just assume that the kidnapper snatch the phone from him” Mr. Kang explained. “Train” J-Hope whispered.

“What did you say?” RapMon asked. “Train!” J-Hope’s face lit up. “Don’t you hear them? It’s sounds so faint”

“Rubber and train? What does that info help us?” Jungkook whined. “Wait!” he paused. He eyed everyone who had their attention at him. “The industrial park near the train station! Two stations away from here! Yes! That’s it!”

“Oh that station!” Mr. Kang snapped his finger. Some of his men ran quickly out the café. “New info” Mr. Kang talked through his earpiece and moved a bit far from them.

“Let’s go!” Jin called. “We are taking the train?” Suga asked. “Nah. That” Jin pointed to his pickup truck. “That rusting metal? Seriously?”

“Come on!” V pulled them towards the door. The rest of boys jumped into the back of the car.

 

“Alright on my way” Mr. Kang turned to the boys but he found he was alone. “What the!” he ran out the café.

*            *            *

              Yerin sat up as she gasped for air. “Yerin, you’re up” Jeongmin called. She looked at him and around as she was confused. “You’re okay, right? Because they hit you quite hard just now” he whispered. She nodded and looked around more. “They’re not here?”

“They left” Jeongmin nodded to the door. “But I’m sure they’ll come again. Don’t worry, Yerin. I called Mr. Kang. He’ll come and help us. I’m sure of it”

“Oppa” she disturbed the mood as she noticed his now bruised face. “What happen?”

              Jeongmin grinned. “They caught me trying to get help. So yea. They hit me. Maybe they’ll hit me more later” 

“Oh what are we going to do? I’m sorry for passing out or I’ll able to help you” “Nah, Yerin. They hurt you already. You can’t be hurt more just because of me”

              Jeongmin turned his head around the dim lighted room. “All of you, come here” he whispered. All their relatives approached them.

“I don’t know if you remember but this is our long-lost cousin, Yerin” Jeongmin introduced. “I know this may be not a good time to introduce her but-“

“Wait! You said this is Yerin?” Youngjae asked. He stared at Yerin and his eyes sadden. “It you who supposed to inherit this company. Not me”

“What do you mean?” Jeongmin asked. “Do all of you remember our grandfather’s will? He said he supposed to give this company to his eldest granddaughter. But our parents insist that I inherit his fortune more than all of you. I’m so sorry. It’s because of me that all of us in this deep trouble”

“No, Youngjae-ssi. Don’t say like that” Yerin replied. “Blaming yourself just won’t settle this matter. I say we look for our way out while they’re not here” she glanced at the closed door. “I agree with her” Youngjae’s sister nodded. Youngjae had his eyes landed on each face there. “You know what? Yerin got a point there”

              The metal door suddenly trembled as if someone was trying to open the door. Their eyes darted to the door, anticipated it to open and reveal the guys in black suit to come and hit them more. The next second it stopped trembling and a phone rang could be heard.

“That was so close” Yerin sighed in relieve.

*            *            *

              Jin glanced at his side while he was driving the truck. “You okay, Namjoon?”

              RapMon who was on the passenger seat next to him nodded weakly with his eyes stared out the window gloomily. His head leaned against the cold window.

“Hang in there” Jin patted his shouler, giving him strength. RapMon didn’t reply. His phone vibrated. “Nae” RapMon answered.

              Jin sighed as he glanced at their side mirror to see the others at the back.

“I don’t them anymore. Just burn them down. Yes. Of course. Thank you” RapMon ended the call. Jin glanced at him. “Who is it?” “My neighbour” RapMon kept his phone. “He must not know that I’m in this big crisis” He chuckled. “He asked me about the comic books he borrowed. But I told him that he can just burn them because I don’t really want to keep them anymore” he sighed. “What’s the point of returning it I may not read it with Yerin like we used to?”

“Namjoon, don’t say so. I’m sure Yerin is alright” Jin replied. “Let’s just hope for the best”