Stupid Love Song

Mr. Matchermaker {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Lots of time skipping (that hopefully makes sense) and Jinseob focus! (Also am I the only one who thought of Jinseob as in Jinseob from Boys24 when I first saw the ship name? No?? I'm one of the few people who actually watches, keeps track of, and are aware of Boys24 activity because Mnet at promoting even their own group when they had three chances to do so on Produce 101 season 2??? Okay........ ;w; )


Aisht I can't believe that they went ahead and said such a thing out loud...

Hyungseob sighed, not caring if he was the center of attention for sitting on a bench with his legs tucked up into a fetal position. For some reason, his own gaze would land on the happy couples passing by him, like that girl adorning a beret clinging onto her tall boyfriend's arm or that girl who was shyly reaching out to hold onto her hyperactive girlfriend's hand. Memories of when they were in Yuehua Academy reappeared in his mind. Slowly, he closed his eyes, wondering why he was always resorted to sitting on this stupid bench.


"You guys are dating?!"

Euiwoong awkwardly laughed when Justin blurted that out with surprise. Hyungseob wasn't as awkward as he cheerfully replies with, "Yup! But we haven't gone on our first date yet so Seunghyuk you don't even have a chance in joking about a wedding." Seunghyuk huffs indignantly as everyone laughed at him.

"Anyways, how did you guys get together? Isn't Euiwoong like super busy all the time? He did ditch me once midway through our hang-out day at the arcade..." Justin pouts, only being half-comforted by a pat on the back from Jung Jung. It's half-comforting because immediately afterwards Justin glares at Euiwoong.

"Sorry about that. You know how my parents are with watching their stores..."

"So you ditched cringe-kid to be stuck in a building full of lingerie?" Seunghyuk was then slapped on the back by Euiwoong and knocked down behind the knees by a kick from Justin.

"What's 'lingerie'?"

"You don't need to know, Jung Jung-hyung."


To say that Hyungseob was excited was not enough. He was absolutely ecstatic that their first date would be today at a park. Yes it wasn't anything too special but it was exciting nonetheless since it was his first time in a relationship from a mutual confession. He grinned to himself, humming a tune as he sat on a bench nearby while waiting for Euiwoong to arrive.

And he waited.

And waited.

"Excuse me-"

Hyungseob jolted awake at the new voice, not realizing that he fell asleep and that the sun was setting, giving the sky an orange hue. He quickly turns his head around not seeing Euiwoong anywhere until he lands his gaze on a deadpan-ish boy in front of him- well, if he was picky at the moment, not really considering how he looked slightly surprised at his awakening.

"Are you okay?" the stranger asked him, "People normally don't sleep here after just sitting... you know..."

"Ah- well- I was waiting for my date..." Hyungseob mumbled before deciding to check his phone and saw that there were 3 messages left behind from Euiwoong in one minute.

Woong: I'm really sorry Seob my parents wanted me to watch over their stores at the last minute
Woong: I'm texting on break time so if you respond then I won't be able to respond back later on
Woong: Hopefully you're at home by now...

And Hyungseob sighed at the last text, "Never mind, something urgent came up..." he was disappointed but it couldn't be helped with. He did agree to dating even when Euiwoong reminded him that his parents are still super strict.

"Oh... do you want some ice cream...?" the stranger points to the ice cream truck parked by the park. The awkward-ness at his attempt to obviously comfort him managed to make Hyungseob laugh.

"Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I think I'm gonna head home now."


"Yah you ditched him on your first date?!"

"Justin please-"

"Hyungseob-hyung, don't try to defend Woong. You know that there's a huge difference between ditching on hang-outs and ditching on dates!" Justin jabbed his finger at Hyungseob's chest, making the latter shut his mouth at the sight of their angry maknae.

"Justin, you know how my parents are," Euiwoong tried to defend himself, his face showing how guilty he felt at the moment.

"For once, I actually agree with Justin. Like we know it's out of your will but haven't you tried to- you know- talk back?" Seunghyuk added awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. This only leads to a frustrated sigh from Euiwoong, "Yes, I've done that! I especially tried to persuade them not to for the date but it was two against one."

Before the situation could escalate any further, Jung Jung interrupted, "G-Guys, calm down, you shouldn't all get angry at Euiwoong like that..." but Justin childishly huffs as he crosses his arms and turns away. It led to Hyungseob trying to break the awkward silence with, "I-It's okay! We can just go on another date."

And they do try.

Again and again with the same results as the last until one day, Hyungseob feels a wet drop on his head.

He looks up and sees that it was starting to rain and cursed at himself for not bringing an umbrella. He panics as to what to do and was close to standing up from the bench and heading home as usual before he the rain drops suddenly stopped landing on him.

Hyungseob turns and meets the familiar sight of the boy who always seemed to be there for him on days such as these. The stranger gives a shy smile, a smile that he has grown familiar with as there was a snaggle teeth that made the smile a bit more charming. He returns the smile with a helpless one of his own to show gratitude.

After so many encounters, they no longer needed words to explain so they just sat together, waiting in the rain with an umbrella between them until it stopped.


"Let's break up. I don't think we should be in a relationship because my schedule will always be hindered and we won't have time with each other. This isn't a healthy relationship." was what he said when we met up after that day happened. Once everyone else heard about that our friend group got awkward an drifted apart from Euiwoong for various reasons... and then he suddenly appears again, suppose to be paired with Haknyeon by Jung Jung. I wonder if it was him who asked Jung Jung... Hyungseob pouts.

"You're here again?"

He immediately recognized that voice and looks up to see that stranger, now with velvet red hair, holding two crepes in his hands.

"Yeah... just needed time to think..." Hyungseob didn't really care how ridiculous he looked at the moment. He just wanted some alone time to wallow in past memories. He looks up, asking, "So what's with the crepes?"

The red head blinks with realization before looking around with obvious confusion, "Um- now that you mention it- I was on a date- er- she's supposed to be sitting on the bench?" and realization dawns on him for a different reason as he sighs, "I guess she ditched me like the last one," and takes a seat besides armadillo Hyungseob.

Now this was a rare moment where he didn't have to talk about his own love life. "'Like the last one'?"

"M-hm. I got really popular all of a sudden at school and people have been asking me out before ditching during the midst of the date," another sigh.

"Why's that?"

"Apparently I'm too quiet and awkward for them to deal with."

"Really? They're out of their minds then because I think I could find people that are more quiet and awkward than you are." He was glad that the red haired boy laughed at that, his snaggle tooth peeking through.

"Do you want this strawberry crepe? It was suppose to be for my date but if I don't give this to someone else it'll go to waste."

Hyungseob stares at the dessert for a bit before sitting properly to take the crepe, "Sure. Ah- that reminds me, I never got your name even after knowing you for so long. I'm Ahn Hyungseob, a Mnet Academy student."

"Oh yeah, huh. Well, I'm Park Woojin, also a Mnet Academy student."

At this point, he noticed how odd life worked.