Shanghai Romance

Mr. Matchermaker {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Yes I know that Guanlin is from Taiwan and that Shanghai is a city in China (and yes I also know that relationships between Taiwan and China are like crazy tense) but it's for the sake of the title (and lyrics of the song) being in some-sort-of relations to him and Seonho's story (arc?? Would the consecutive chapters of one pairing being focused on be called story arcs????)


The world was ending... lol jk, that was an exaggeration, but as Jung Jung was walking around to find the table Seonho was at, he found the younger sitting at a table with five containers of food out but only one of them was half empty. Seonho stared at the food glumly instead.

"Hey, Seonho-yah, are you okay...?" Jung Jung asked, slowly taking a seat by the younger, who immediately perk up, "Hyung, you'll help?!" and he blinked at the younger, wondering why he's so surprised, "Well it is technically my job to help match people together."

"Okay, that's good," Seonho breathed a sigh of relief, "But you might want to scoot away a bit."

"Why?"

"Because I just ate a container of food and I may or may not throw up that container of food I ate from all of the butterflies in my stomach."

And Jung Jung scooted away.

Seonho then suddenly banged his head onto the table, shocking the hell out of Jung Jung as the impact was enough to make the legs of the table shake a bit. The younger groaned, "I didn't ask to fall in love! I just wanna eat my food in peace!" which sounded like something that would only come from him. Some times he wondered how Seonho managed his weight considering the fact that he eats five meals a day.

"You think you're really in love with Guanlin?"

"Yes?"

Jeez this academy really has a lot of ninjas as Jung Jung and Seonho looked in front of them to see Guanlin standing there, blinking innocently at the two. The matchmaker was worried for Seonho as he blushed an interesting shade of red at the same time that his stomach grumbled. He decided that he should probably cover for his poor little dongsaeng, asking, "How much of that did you hear?"

"Not that much," Guanlin stated before noticing the containers full of food on the table, afterwards looking at Seonho asking, "Are you eating all of this?" His concern for Seonho increased as the boy just gawked at the other, who continues on with, "That's amazing. Why do you eat so much?"

"IREALLYLIKEYOU!" so Jung Jung realized that this was going to be a lot harder than he thought it would be.

Guanlin just stared cluelessly before asking, "What did you say? Is it a word I haven't learned yet?"

"F***!" and Seonho immediately slams his head on the table yet again, hard enough for a rather painful sound to ring out from the table. Guanlin continued to stare cluelessly before turning to Jung Jung, asking, "Hyung, what does f*** mean?" The oldest could only awkwardly laugh, "Y-You don't need to know that word..." It's really a wonder as to why he can remember what that means but not what 'hormones' is in Korean (but then again there's a large difference between those two when using them with context).

"Owie..." Seonho recovered oddly quickly as he raised his head up and rubbed his forehead with a pout.

"Are you okay?" Guanlin asked worriedly.

"Y-Yes! I'm so fine that I could eat another meal!" Seonho stuttered with fake confidence and coolness, making Guanlin blink before chuckling, "That's amazing~." And Jung Jung guessed that that was the last straw to the butterflies in Seonho's stomach as the latter abruptly stood up and ran for a trash can in the distance, concerning the oldest even more as he stared at the boy in the distance barfing whatever food was in his stomach. When he turned back to Guanlin, well, he was nonexistent as there was an empty space there now but in the distance he saw Guanlin talking to Dongho.

Which is not a good sign.

What made it an even worse sign was when he saw Dongho jolted before a dark espression appeared and he was speaking with gritted teeth and the only direction of the situation that it could go to was down as Guanlin pointed in Seonho's direction. It's already been mentioned before plenty of times but seriously Jung Jung's concerns DEFINITELY increased for the boy that was still barfing as Dongho began to quickly march over there with Guanlin cluelessly following his hyung. Dongho was one step away and reached out...

to turn around an innocent Haknyeon near Seonho and knocked him down with a punch to his face.

"HOW DARE YOU MESS WITH GUANLIN-AH AGAIN!"

"WTF I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG THIS TIME! QAQ"

Yeah the situation escalated even quicker as a crowd gathered around the two while Seonho was returning to the table with a tired face. Once Seonho took his seat next to Jung Jung, he whines, "Hyung... love isn't good for my health... I'm starting to hear things from behind my head..." and almost turned his head to the fight that broke out but Jung Jung reacted quick enough to turn the younger's head back to face him.

"M-Maybe reduce your eating to 3 meals a day...?" Jung Jung awkwardly laughed as he tried his best to ignore the fight behind innocent Seonho's head.

"I can't do that though! If I reduce the amount I eat, I won't grow into a cool chicken quick enough to impress Guanlin..." the younger pouts.

"You're trying to impress Guanlin by acting cool?" honestly the matchmaker could not really see someone as cute as Seonho grow into someone who is cool because when in Mnet Academy, you associate cool with those sunbaenims from Pledis Academy or Ong Seongwoo. You know, just students with that kind of overflowing charisma and confidence charm.

"He hangs out with Dongho-sunbaenim and we used to go to Cube Academy so we've seen tons of cool sunbaenims already! How else am I suppose make him like me..." the younger spoke softly.

Jung Jung pitied the boy then since he's ran into a lot of this problem: the pursuer lacks the confidence to be themselves. He never liked it when they belittled theselves when they should realize that pretending to be someone they're not would only cause harm. He spoke with a gentle smile, "I don't think that you have to 'act cool' just to impress Guanlin. Besides, doesn't he think you're amazing enough with how much you eat?"

Seonho's glum eyes regained its sparkles quick enough, "THAT'S RIGH- OW!" he stood up in a moment of regained confidence to have the edge of the table jab into his thighs, making him plop back down onto his seat to rub his thighs. Wow was this boy causing him a lot of worries.

After soothing his thighs a bit, he turns to smile brightly at Jung Jung, "Thanks hyung. I needed that."

"No problem."

"But seriously, where am I suppose to start?"

Crap, that was a good question considering that the fight behind Seonho's head in the distance was growing bigger.

"Uh- you'll have to wait a bit for the answer to that."