Congratulations

Mr. Matchermaker {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Too much seriousness? Idk in my opinion the seriousness in this chapter is very sudden so head warning?? POV is also very switchy but since I have the advantage of omniscient 3rd person POV in this story it won't be that confusing I believe(question mark) =v="


"Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Trust them when they say that they didn't mean to sound like complete idiots when elongating their stutter two days after the confrontation with Euiwoong. It really couldn't be helped with though when they were greeted with the sight of Hyungseob nonchalantly eating his lunch sitting at their normal table and next to an unfamiliar, red-haired student he gave them an awkward wave of 'hello'.

"Are you guys going to sit?" Hyungseob asked without batting an eye towards them.

"Okay if we do that, then am I allowed to voice out how messed up this is?" Seunghyuk voiced out before Justin covered his mouth with a soft pat. It didn't seem like Hyungseob noticed telling by how he simply skipped to introducing them to the red-haired boy besides him, "Guys, this is Park Woojin. The gawking people over there are my friends."

"Um- it's nice to m-meet you..." Woojin mumbled awkwardly.

"Wait, so does this mean...?" Seunghyuk trails off either knowing that the question is implied or that he was dumb-founded again. That just led to awkward silence as no one knew how to answer that and Hyungseob still wasn't helping with the situation.

Without warning, Jung Jung's arm was suddenly pulled on and was dragged away from them, who seemed to not notice that he went away again. When he turned, he was met with Eunki's concerned face, saying, "This situation is really going downhill." and Jung Jung had to nod at that.

The matchmaker's answer didn't seem to satisfy Eunki though as he lets out a harsh sigh, "Look I know that this is personal and all, but can you tell me what actually happened between Hyungseob and Euiwoong? This progression is only going to degrade to the point that- I don't know- our friend group would also get screwed over? I mean, it's already messed up with the student council. Euiwoong is avoiding me and Haknyeon is pretending that the whole schmuck yesterday didn't effect him at all."

"I- well-" Jung Jung looked down to their feet, unsure as to what he should do. It was, after all, practically a taboo to talk about even with Hyungseob.

"Listen, I'm not going to get angry at whoever pulled the douche move first."

"But this is your personality we're talking about here."

"..."

"Sorry."

Eunki lets out a sigh again, "Well whatever it is, I think Hyungseob and Euiwoong really need to talk this out even if they avoid each other like the plague. One on one, you know what I mean?"

"But how are we suppose to do that?" Jung Jung asked, clueless as to how in the world would they be able to force the two into conversation, in the same room, where neither of them would be able to trap?

The two then froze before very slowly meeting each other's gaze before verryyy slowly looking back at where their friends are.


~The next day~

"SEUNGHYUK YOU LITTLE BLEEP WHAT DID YOU DO WITH WOOJIN!"

"SEUNGHYUK-HYUNG WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU 'ACCIDENTALLY' SUPER-GLUED ALL OF MS. CHEETAH'S ITEMS TO HER DESK?!"

Hyungseob and Euiwoong froze in their places, the former entering through the door facing the front of the classroom and the latter entering the door facing the end of the classroom, before turning to face each other...

And having the doors slam close behind their backs.

"What the- YAH! YOU SHI-"

"Language Hyungseob-hyung!"

To which Hyungseob glares at the maknae standing behind a mischievous looking Seunghyuk and taking the opportunity of know one being able to see his face by sticking his tongue out. He swore that he would punch both of them as soon as he got out of the classroom.

"Jung Jung-hyung?! What's the meaning of this?!"

"You ain't getting out of that classroom until Hakwoong can become a thing!"

To which Euiwoong was about to start pounding at the door again to gain help from the awkwardly smiling Jung Jung but stops himself from panicking again, instead thinking two things: 1) Eunki-hyung... "ain't" isn't a word... and 2) what the hell is a "Hakwoong"?

"I'm sorry guys, but we're gonna keep you guys in here until you solve your problem out!" Jung Jung calls out, to which both Hyungseob and Euiwoong immediately dread.

So you'd think that they'd immediately start talking right? Well, no, that's not what happens at all. They literally shared one second of eye contact before turning around and letting the room sink into awkward silence. The silence goes on for a couple of minutes as they try to distract themselves with whatever they could find in hope that they could where-off their patience. The clock and the sound of shuffling was the only thing to be heard throughout the room. Hyungseob himself tried to busy himself with doodling on the chalkboard before he hears a sigh from behind him.

"So I heard that you've moved on..."

He froze when he heard that, thinking that it was probably from Eunki and he wished that he didn't lie about that. He doesn't want to lie again as he tries to change the subject, "O-Oh- uh- I heard that Jung Jung was going to match you with Haknyeon..."

"Yeah... I told him to wait out on it though..."

Hyungseob slowly puts the piece of chalk down, asking, "And why is that?" before regretting it, wondering if his tone was curious or bitter.

"... I'm not ready for this 'love' stuff... I don't think I'm ready for socializing with others either..."

At that, he feels confused as to why in the world he would say such a thing considering everyone practically likes him. He turns, ready to confront him before stopping at the sight of Euiwoong curled up in a fetal position by the corner of the room, looking down at the floor.

"I'm always too busy to properly hang out with anyone... not to mention everything was ruined because of that..." Euiwoong mumbles solemnly.

"But... that's not your fault though..." he doesn't know where this new found courage came from as everything he's been meaning to say actually happens. "You... You're busy because you have no control over your own life, not because you don't want to pay attention to others... that's not in your personality and you know it... and if you truly know me too, then you should've figured out that... that I'm not over any of this either.

"Every day I worry about what troubles Jung Jung could get thrown into because of this whole 'matchmaker' thing going on because I don't want what happened in the past to repeat again. It's enough already to pretend everything is alright with a smile but... well, I am still hurt from everything in the past. It was really lonely to wait for something that will never come but now looking back at it now... I think I would have been just as happy if we stayed as friends. I felt bad but you obviously felt just as bad about this whole thing because- because-!"

He's interrupted when he feels a slight tap at the corner of his eye with a soft fabric. He opens his eyes, not realizing that he began saying this while squeezing his eyes shut out of fear that he might be wrong about everything.

Euiwoong smiles softly at him, stuffing his handkerchief back into his blazer, "You were crying without realizing it, but either way, you got your message across. I appreciate that you understand my position, but I should still say sorry about what I did to you. I accept things too easily and because of that, I ended up accepting the fact that you guys hated me without any questions and left everyone on bad terms..." he pauses, taking a breath before saying with confidence, "I... I'm going to try to change that and how busy I am. I'll talk it out with my parents about my schedule and I hope that we can be friends again."

Hyungseob sniffles before he smiles, "I think that would be a nice. Oh yeah, and just because it didn't go well with us doesn't mean the same will happen with Haknyeon." It feels bitter-sweet to say something like that, but he didn't feel as heavy as he did before.

"Well, hopefully," and there's a certain feeling shown in Euiwoong's eyes that Hyungseob hasn't seen before but he still smiles, glad that the student council president found something that he couldn't find with him. "Anyways, I'm glad you met someone else from that whole mess though."

"Met someone else?" he scrunches up his eyebrows at that, being met with the same look of confusion from Euiwoong.

"Aren't you dating this guy called Park Woojin? The guy that rose in popularity at the school like a dark horse? You did get angry at Seunghyuk-hyung for thinking that he did something to him."

To which Hyungseob felt his entire face burn up at that, "NO!"

"Oh... well you should start dating each other-"

"UNG PLEASE!"