Wee-Woo!

Mr. Matchermaker {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

"Have you ever thought about dating someone yourself?"

Jung Jung blinked at Hyungseob who had suddenly sprung on such a random question during their lunch. Slowly, he shook his head, asking back, "No... Why did you ask?"

The other simply sighed, "I don't know, it's just that you suddenly get a job at being Mnet Academy's cupid but Mr. Cupid himself doesn't seem to be in love himself. Doesn't that seem kinda... ironic?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Matchmaker. I prefer to be called the academy's matchmaker than cupid," Jung Jung cringed a bit before going on with, "And some times people just need a little push in love, that's all I'm doing. It's not like I'm giving advice in love or anything... or am I? I don't know, but is it really that necessary for me to be in love too?"

"JUNG JUNG-HYUNG!"

They could barely comprehend the words that came out with a shriek before said boy was suddenly tackled into a hug. Confused, he looked up to meet the panicked face of Lee Daehwi, who was, well, panicking. What else do you expect? Yes he was well-known in the academy for his composing, vocals, and dance, but the kid was overall a smol ball of squishyness; a having-a-major-life-crisis-at-this-age-from-being-too-awkward type of boy if you want to be more specific.

"Um-"

"HELP ME HYUNG I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP! QAQ"

Obviously at that, Jung Jung had to share a look with Hyungseob, who only shrugged with a 'trust me I don't know what I'm witnessing here either' face. Awkwardly, Jung Jung looked down and asked, "Uh- does it... hurt...?"

A-Grade socializing skills right there.

"NO I MEAN THAT-!" Daehwi seemed to have finally gotten the gist that everyone in the courtyard was staring at them oddly. He murmurs an apology and blushed a light pink in embarrassment before turning back and whispering, "I mean that I've fallen in love- hard."

Oh boy was immediately the first thing Jung Jung thought before he adjusted the younger so that the latter was standing up properly, "Well I can help you if you want but you should probably come search for me later to make sure that it's not just..." he momentarily forgot the word in Korean so he turned to Hyungseob for the word.

"Hormones."

"Yeah, make sure that it's not just hormones," the matchmaker turned back.

"O-Okay..." Daehwi agreed quietly before walking off with his head down.

When Hyungseob sighed after the younger left, he turned to meet the frustrated face of his, "I don't understand how you got your gig as the matchmaker of this school if you haven't even experienced a relationship yourself," to which Jung Jung shrugged, "I don't know either."

The topic was dropped when they heard shuffling and clicking on the otherside of the table, making the two look over and see Eunki and Justin take the seats across from them, back from waiting in line for lunch.

"Where's Seunghyuk?" Hyungseob asked once they settled.

"He's inside for detention from throwing a paper plane at his homeroom teacher," Justin answered before taking a bite into his kimbap. The two continued off into a conversation that Jung Jung barely paid attention to as Eunki turns to him to start their own conversation.

"What was that shriek from a while back? I'm assuming it's either from Minki-ssi, Taemin-ssi, or Daehwi," Eunki asked curiously.

"Daehwi. He said that he fell in love hard so he was panicking and was looking for my help in getting him and his crush together I guess," Jung Jung said, "I told him to come back later because I was worried that it might just be..."

"Hormones?"

"Yeah, hormones. I can never remember that word..." he murmured in slight frustration.

Eunki just laughed in response, "I don't think you need to remember the word 'hormones' in Korean for casual talk. Anyways, how are you going to solve the problem this time if Daehwi comes back, Mr. Matchmaker?"

Jung Jung wanted to complain about the nickname that was suddenly sprung upon him but the actual question was something that needed more of his attention, "Well it depends on who he likes first. I can't just assume things or else everything will go terribly wrong. I think that's a given though..."

"Fair point. Say, have you ever had a successful matchmaking with any of your friends?" another question was asked by Eunki.

"No... I don't think so? I mean as much as I know, all of my friends are single, unless..." he looks at Eunki suspiciously, the latter blinking innocently before laughing again, "What? No, that's a pretty big imagination you got there, Jung Jung. I'm not dating anyone, Seunghyuk's too troublesome to deal with, Justin's too innocent, and Hyungseob is Hyungseob."

"Those points I can't help but agree with because those are facts, but what's with the question though?"

The boy sitting across from him shrugged, smiling, "Just curious as to see how you would react to such an idea."

"I don't think I'd be comfortable in trying to pair them together? I don't know, this 'gig' of mine is already kinda uncomfortable with the idea of talking to people I barely know and trying to help to get them together. Trying to pair my friend would be like... being their parent and trying to approve of their relationship?"

"Then why do you still do it?"

"I don't know, why are you guys asking me so many questions right now?" Jung Jung pouted in realization that all he's been answering were questions for basically the entirety of lunch. It really didn't help much that Eunki shrugged nonchalantly in response, "Again, just curious."

"I feel like I'm in a court trial..." he complained.

"You're not, don't overthink it," Eunki smiled, but there was always something with that smile, something that Jung Jung can never put his finger on. Maybe his best friend was hiding something?

"JUNG JUNG HYUNG!" but the so-called "fate" had plans for him otherwise to distract him from asking Eunki as to what was wrong. Well the difference this time was that Daehwi didn't cling onto him more-so turned him and shook him by the shoulders, comically crying, "I AM HIGHLY SURE! YES!"

"O-Okay, but who-" his arm was suddenly grabbed by the younger and he was pulled up from his seat and quickly dragged away. He spared one last look to his group of friends who were staring after him with a mixture of confusion and concern.