Chapter 09

Should I Say "I Love You"?

“Hey! Eunbi, do you want to go to a party tonight?” Jongin asked me as we were having breakfast before heading to our morning classes.

               “Who’th ish it?” My mouth was full of cereal, so I kind of spit some as I spoke.

               “Sehun’s.” Jongin took a napkin and cleaned the mess I had on my face.

               I swallowed. “Thanks,” I sheepishly said.

               “Yeah… You were never the cleanest eater. Sometimes I wonder if you ever eat in front of your boyfriends. I mean they would probably run away if they saw you like this,” he said, making me hit him on the arm.

               “Hey! That hurt!” Jongin whined.

               “Well, you deserve it !”

               “Ok, ok. Truce?” Jongin asked, extending his hand towards me.

               “Alright,” I said extending my hand, “just because it’s you.”

               As soon as he took my hand he pulled me towards him and head locked me. “Did you just call your dearest friend an ?” Jongin indignantly asked.

               “First, Wendy is my dearest friend. You are just someone I have to put up with,” I teasingly said, turning my head to look at him. “Second. Hey! I thought we were having peace,” I said pouting, trying to make him feel pity for me and let me go.

               This just made him pull me closer to his chest. I took this as a sign of aggression, and decided to use my newly learned technique on him. I took his arm and twisted it behind his back. When I had him under control I turned him around, and pushed him to the floor, quickly following him to the ground. I sat on him as I pinned his arms above his head.

               “Ha! This is what you get for trying to fight with me!” I triumphantly exclaimed. However, I also realized the position we were in.

               I looked up to Jongin’s face, and he was looking straight at me, which kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

               “See, that’s why you shouldn’t mess with me,” I said, clearly feeling awkward about the current situation.

               I let go of Jongin’s hands, and started to get up, however he quickly took my hands and held me down.   

               For a moment my brain just went totally cold. I couldn’t really process the situation. Why was he holding me in place? What was he trying to do? All throughout I couldn’t stop staring at Jongin’s eyes. They looked so… … lusty?

               Jongin pulled me closer so that my body was pressed against his chest. At this I emitted a little squeal of surprise. My hands landed on his chest, which was pretty toned to say the least, and his arms wrapped around me.

               “Yah, what are you doing?” I whispered.

               “I don’t know…” Jongin said.

               At this I quickly came back to my senses. What was I doing? I had just decided that Jongin was just a friend nothing more. My knees were still weak, and there was still a knot in my stomach, however I gathered the strengths to push away from Jongin and stand up.

               At this he also started to slowly stand up, and he just acted like nothing happened. I decided to follow his lead.

               “So, are you going to the party?” he asked.

               “Yeah, of course,” I absentmindedly said, still thinking about Jongin. About how maybe we weren’t just friends.

 

               Throughout the day I couldn’t stop thinking about Jongin. I couldn’t focus during my classes as I continued thinking about how nice and warm his body felt against mine.

               I vaguely remember the teacher trying to ask me questions while my mind was still wandering over the events of earlier in the morning.

               I swear, I felt like an addict trying out a drug for the first time. I couldn’t stop craving his body. I wanted to be close to him again, wanted to feel his body pressed against mine, closer.

               I needed to talk to someone about this. I needed to detox with someone. So as soon as my classes where finished I called Wendy, and pleaded for her to leave her work for a while. I even used our emergency code.

               “Yeah, yeah, I’ll go,” Wendy said, “you clearly sound distressed. And I think I have a pretty good idea myself what you are worried about.”

 

               “Hey! So what did you need to talk about?” Wendy asked as she walked into the café where we had met last time.

               “Well… IthinkImightbeinlovewithJongin,” I quickly said, hoping no one else was listening in or anything.

               “Woah, woah, woah, slow down a little. Repeat that,” Wendy demanded, looking at me with a face of ‘you clearly knew I wouldn’t get that, now spill it.’

               “Ok, ok… Here’s the thing…” I took a deep breath, as if getting ready to confess my sins, “I might just be in love with Kim Jongin.”

               Wendy just looked at me dead in the eye with no reaction at all, “Well, tell me something I didn’t know before. Is that why you are so freaked out?”

               “Yeah! He’s supposed to be my friend, and things were supposed to stay like that. I mean, I feel like he doesn’t like me, the way in which he brings girls into our apartment every single day… What should I do??” I groaned, “I didn’t want this to happen.

               “Truthfully I feel that he also likes you. I just get this vibe when you two are together. As cliché as it might sound, there’s definitely spark between you two when you look at each other.”

“Really??”

“Yeah…” Wendy said, looking at me with a mischievous glare. “Sooo… What’s going to be our course of action? I mean, you are going tonight right? We have to make him confess to you!”

“We don’t even know if he li-” I started to say when I was suddenly cut off my Wendy.

“Shhh! I know what I am talking about! Just trust me.”