Chapter 03

Should I Say "I Love You"?

We arrived at the party a bit later than we expected as we decided to go grab something to eat so that the alcohol wouldn’t knock us out.

When Jongin’s car pulled into Jungkook’s front yard music was already pouring out of the house, and we could hear the cheers of several high school students. When we walked into the house, Jongin’s group of friends had already started playing a drinking game. We immediately joined the circle.

The game consisted of saying a word with the last letter of the previously said word, the one who failed to do so had to take a shot. I so badly at it that by the time we started to get bored of playing the game I was a little more than tipsy.

“Funny,” Taehyung started.

“Yellow”

“Without”

“Terror”

Once again, it was my turn, however in my slightly intoxicated state I couldn’t think of anything to say.

“R- R- R-”

“Time’s up!” Irene cheerfully said, giving me another shot of tequila. As I extended my hand to receive the glass, I registered a hand on my shoulder, and another one in front of me taking my extended hand.

When I looked up I saw Jongin’s worried face looking straight at me. He swiftly pulled me up.

“I think I have to take her away before you guys knock her out,” he said as we walked away.

Far in the distance, I could hear the cheers of the people we were playing with.

“Jongbi couple! Jongbi couple!” they cheered

“Yah! I was having fun,” I finally had time to say when we were standing in Jungkook’s garden.

“Well, if I hadn’t gotten you out of there you would have been knocked out by 10!” he exclaimed.

“That’s not true!” I whined. “Now they will think of me as a baby you have to take care of!”

Suddenly, Jongin’s face was right in front of mine.

“Yah, you should stop whining, it just makes you look too cute. You should also stop acting cute, it makes me want to take a bite out of you. You should also stop crossing your arms, it makes my eyes go to your s,” he finished and started walking back into the party.

Even in my intoxicated state I knew that if Jongin was fully sober he wouldn’t have spoken to me like that. I knew there had to be something between us. After taking a couple of deep breaths, and letting the cool night breeze help me sober up a little, I decided to go back into Jungkook’s house.

As soon as I walked back into the party I saw that some people were dancing in the living room. I quickly decided that I really needed to let out some steam, and walked towards them to join them. As soon as I started moving my body all my worries left me. I felt like I was there for hours and hours.

Soon enough, AOA’s ‘Short skirt’ came on. I totally loved the song, and I knew every single one of the moves. I started dancing, but suddenly I felt a pair of eyes following every single one of my movements. When I turned around I saw Jongin’s eyes on me.

His pupils were huge, and he kept looking at me, not noticing that I had caught him red handed. I decided to damn the consequences, and started moving my body as fluidly as I could. I started moving my hips and my hands started to roam my body. After a while, I turned around and looked at him straight in the eye, as if daring him to do something about the attraction I felt between us.

Suddenly, I saw him turn around and walk away. Well, my ego was deflated in less than a second. Nothing to do about it. I guess I would just go home early and think about how ridiculous I must have look, totally misinterpreting Jongin’s intentions. When I tried looking for him to tell him I would be going so he wouldn’t worry, I saw him talking to Irene. However, when I took a closer look I saw that he was actually making out with her. The room was a little dark, but I was definitely sure that that was Jongin.

As I continued looking at them I felt a surge or anger coursing through my body. I knew it was totally irrational to feel this way, we were nothing, but I couldn’t help myself. I hated the idea of Jongin being with anyone but me. I hate seeing his body pressed against hers. I decided to just leave the party, I could always send a message later, but for now I needed to escape the pain I felt looking at them.

               I started walking towards the door as fast as I could, trying to stop my tears from falling. Tears! Oh my god, I couldn’t believe I felt so strongly about him.

‘Of course he would like her better than me!’ I thought to myself. ‘She’s pretty, and has a nice personality, and her hair always smells nice. I should have known Jongin was just being friendly!!” I reprimanded myself, all the time with my head down, trying to draw as little attention as I could.

As I grabbed the door handle, I felt someone’s strong grip on my wrist. When I turned around I saw Jongin’s black eyes staring right into mine.

 

 

Was Kai really making out with Irene? What do you think?
I think its come to the point where I'm reflecting my thoughts about guy's bipolarness through Eunbi  >.<