Chapter 06

Should I Say "I Love You"?

Three years later

“JONGIN!!! Get out of the shower right now!!!! If I’m late to classes it will be your fault for not allowing me to take a shower!!” I exclaimed at the top of my lungs. It had been more than half an hour since Jongin had walked into that bathroom and there were not sign of him coming out yet.

“Chill Eunbi. Mr. Kim won’t kill you if you are a couple of minutes late. He probably won’t even notice as he hasn’t even learned your name yet after 2 years of being in his class,” Jongin answered as he walked out of the bathroom only with a towel wrapped around his waist.

Although Jongin had always been quite handsome, in the last few years he had really developed. I couldn’t help but try to steal a glance at his well-defined abs and broad shoulders. When I looked back up at his face he was looking at me with a knowing smile.

“Don’t worry Eunbi, I can stay like this for a moment if you need more time to take in my gloriousness,” he teased.

I threw my clothes at his face as I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I could hear his deep chuckle through the door.

 

 

Three years before

After waiting for two entire weeks the results for the entrance exams for the S.K.Y universities finally came out. My heart kept beating like crazy and my hand shook uncontrollably as I tried to enter my password into the webpage to be able to look at my results.

Finally, I calmed finish typing the passwords and take a look at my results. As soon as I clicked on them I closed my eyes as I was afraid to be disappointed. Little by little I started lifting my hand from my eyes. When I saw the words “Accepted into the engineering program” on my screen I screamed out of happiness. I couldn’t believe I had been accepted.

I decided to call Wendy to see how she had done.

“WENDYYYY!! I was accepted!!!” I squeaked when I heard her pick up, “what about you?”

“I was also accepted!!” she squealed.

We ended up talking for hours about how we would be roommates and about how we would have so much fun. Additionally because she was in the fine arts program and I was in the engineering program there wouldn’t be too much rivalry between us, which I liked.

After hanging up hours later, I decided to text Jongin to see if he had been accepted. I guess that a small part of me was willing to try to stay friends.

‘Hey, what are you doing?” I sent. A couple of seconds late came his reply.

‘Nothing much. What about you?’

‘Just took a look at the acceptance results for SNU, did you look at them?’

‘Yeah,’ he answered.

‘And….’

‘I was accepted into the music program. What about you?’

‘Accepted into the engineering program. Shouldn’t you be more excited?’

‘Yeah, I guess I should be.’

I decided to leave at that because I wanted to start speaking to him little by little. However, 5 minutes later I received another message from him.

‘I think I can’t feel any happiness because I keep thinking about what’s going to happen between us. That day you just left without saying anything….’

‘I don’t know Jongin…... But I think that I might be willing to try. Anyways we are going to the same university. We should just let things go how they will go.’

‘Ok.’

‘Ok.’

The day that we moved into SNU’s campus our friendship was already starting to patch up. I decided that in the end I didn’t really like Jongin that way. That my feelings were only caused by my need for kindness in a new, hostile environment.

I ended up staying in a co-ed dorm, and my roommate was none other than Jongin. Because Wendy was in the arts program, her building was really far away, therefore she decided to dump me last second.

That’s how I ended up begging Jongin, who didn’t have a room yet, to stay with me. This way I wouldn’t die alone if anything happened, and we could split the rent.

 

 

Present

               I quickly soaped up and washed it away. Then, I stepped out of the shower and tried to look for my towel and clean clothes.

               ‘STUPID!’ I thought to myself. I had thrown my clean clothes at Jongin… I was a really special human being… I didn’t even register I had thrown them at him.

               “Jongin!” I called out from the bathroom, hoping he was still in the room and hadn’t gone out for breakfast.

               “Yes?” I heard him answer back.

               “Jongin, could you please do me a favour?” I asked as sweetly as I could. Knowing Jongin he would never stop teasing me with this. But, what else could I do? I couldn’t really just walk out , could I?

               “What favour?” he asked suspiciously. Did he grow up being lied to?

               “Uhmm… I might just have thrown my clothes at you on the way to the bathroom… Could you bring them to me?”

               “I don’t know, can I?” he asked. I could clearly hear in his voice how much fun he was having at my current situation.

               “Yes you can, because you are the best!” I enthusiastically said. A while went by and as I didn’t hear an answer I started leaning on the door, hoping that I could hear his footsteps, which would mean he had agreed to help me.

               Suddenly, I could feel the door giving out on me, and my body free falling towards the floor. I crashed with a loud thud, and when I looked up I saw Jongin amusedly looking at me from above with my clothes and towel in his hand.

               “Yah, give me those!” I said indignantly, and then I stood up. Bad idea.

               At first I was on the floor and the only thing he could see was my , but when I stood up… Well, you can imagine the type of view that Jongin had.

               His cheeks immediately turned red, and I could swear he stared at me a second longer than he had to before letting my stuff fall on the floor, turning around and quickly leaving.

               I rapidly picked up my stuff, went into my bathroom to change and left the room before I could encounter Jongin again. So embarrassing!!!