Chapter 01

Should I Say "I Love You"?

It’s my first day in Seoul High School, and it’s nerve-wracking. The people seem unwelcoming, the teachers look scary, and the school-map I hold in my hands simply looks like a labyrinth of endless paths that take me nowhere. I slowly walk down the aisle, and open the door with the words ‘Headmaster’s Office’ printed in black, neat letters over the door. You can’t even start to imagine how hard it was to even get here.

As soon as I walked into the office, the first thing I felt was the AC blasting full force. The room seemed to be in the North Pole! The second thing I noticed was the handsome dark-skinned guy standing right beside the headmaster’s desk with a big welcoming smile on his face.

I couldn’t believe how happy I felt just because someone was being kind towards me. Moving to Seoul had been hard, and starting school the day right after was even harder.

Only after the door closed with a soft click did Mr. Jung finally lift his head from his paperwork to take a look at me.

‘Great job making the new students feel welcomed,’ I sarcastically thought to myself. However, I believe my thoughts were clear on my face as Mr. Jung’s face suddenly becomes strict, and even more uninviting.

“Ms. Seo, it’s a pleasure to have you as a student at Seoul High School,” Mr. Jung said, clearly not meaning his words. His tone of voice said he wanted me to leave as soon as possible so he could continue with his work, which was clearly more important than me.

“This is Kim Jongin, the school council president, and he will be in charge of making sure you get around school ok for today,” he finished. I let out a sigh of relief: I believed I would have to find my way around school alone. Now at least I wouldn’t be late to all of my lessons.

Mr. Jung then turned to look at Jongin, as if asking what we were still doing in his office. Jongin noticed and walked towards me, took my hand in his and walked me out of Mr. Jung’s office as he bid goodbye to the headmaster.

“Oh my god! You hand is so cold!” he exclaimed as he took my hand in his and started to blow warm air on them to heat them up. I always ran cold, and his actions made my face flare up. He noticed. Jongin quickly let my hands go, and turned to face me.

“Nice to meet you! I am Kim Jongin, but everyone calls me Kai!” he said, “what’s your name new students? Mr. Jung didn’t even tell it to me before kicking us out of his office…”

“Nice to meet you Jongin. My name’s Seo Eunbi, and I hope you take good care of me for today. You can’t imagine how hard it was to get to Mr. Jung’s office. I wondered around school like an idiot for at least 15 minutes before finding it!”

“Oh, don’t worry sweetheart,” I blushed even more, “I noticed. I had to awkwardly stand in that room for the 15 minutes it took you to find it!” Jongin exclaimed, and let out a hearty laugh

Did he just call me ‘sweerheart’? Talk about confidence.

“Yeah? Sorry for that!” I sheepishly answered, “at least now I have you so I don’t get lost again!”

I smiled at him and he smiled back. Maybe it’s a bit early to know, but I was definitely starting to like this guys. And he was definitely flirting with me.

“So, where’s your first class?” Kai asked, “we can still get there 10 minutes before the class ends. You should get to meet your teachers during your first day.” He was holding my schedule, trying to figure who I was supposed to be having classes with.

“Hmmm, I don’t want to go to class…” I whined, “we should just hang around the hallway and go to class when period 2 starts!” I even used my best aegyo on him, and he still rejected him. Definitely a goody two shoes.

“Aren’t you going to behave during your first day? If you keep being a bad girl you will soon be punished,” he teased.

It is just me, or his words were laced with ual innuendo… His words were definitely laced with ual innuendo. At this, I internally panicked. One side of me wanted to be able to coolly answer and keep up with him, but another side was telling that I didn’t have the guts to do so. The latter won.

I started blushing like I never had in the last 18 years of my life. He definitely noticed, and I could see him trying to hide a smug smirk from me. Maybe he wasn’t that much of a good two shoes after all.

In the end, Jongin ended up taking me to class, and we arrived right before the bell rang, signaling the start of period 2.

“See? We could have just gone directly to period 2!” I said as I lightly hit him on the shoulder.

“Hmmm… Maybe you were right,” he said. He clearly knew we wouldn’t arrive in time. It seemed like he had forced me to come just to make me angry.

Throughout the day Jongin took me to every single one of my classes, and even allowed me to sit with him during lunch. I discovered he was actually my age, and he was in most of my classes. After getting to know him, I realized that maybe moving to Seoul wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

 

 

Hi! Here's the first chapter! I hope you like it!

Comment and subscribe!