Chapter 10

Should I Say "I Love You"?

“So, could you explain it once again?” Baekhyun asked.

               After discussing it for a while, Wendy finally came up with a plan and called Yoongi and Baekhyun to come over to help us with it.

               Baekhyun and Yoongi had been delighted by the fact that I was finally owning up to her feelings for Kai, and were totally willing to help with Wendy’s plan.

               “Ok, so here’s what we’re going to do. First, find Eunbi something amazing to wear tonight. Second, make sure Kai sees it. Third, Yoongi and Baekyun flirt with Eunbi. Fourth, Kai gets jealous and finally confesses his feelings. BOOM!” Wendy finished with a big swing of her arms.

               “And you think this is going to work?” I skeptically asked.

               “Of course. He’s already having a hard time keeping away from you, we just have to make him break.”

               “Wait a second!” Yoongi said, making startling everyone, “there’s just a very slight problem. Do I really have to flirt with her? I mean, eww.”

               I immediately turned my deadliest glare  onhim, “Yah! You are not helping me here!”

               “Just kidding, just kidding. Remember how I told you I found you attractive during our first year?” he asked while playfully winking at me.

               “So guys, are you ready? Plan make Eunbi and Kai hookup has started!” Wendy cheered.

 

               Wendy and I returned to my apartment to make sure that we found the best clothes to “knock Kai off his feet”. Wendy’s words, not mine. Unluckily, as soon as we entered the apartment I saw a girl walking out of Jongin’s room.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Here I was, desperately trying to figure out how to confess my feelings, and he was leisurely hooking up with other girls. I couldn’t believe how stupid I had been to believe he could have had any romantic feelings towards him.

Wendy quickly noticed my current state. She quickly glared at the chick until she left the apartment, and quickly ushered me into my room so I wouldn’t have to face Jongin.

 

Once inside my room, with the door safely locked behind us, I couldn’t stop the sadness from settling in. Why were there so many obstacles between us?!

“Wendy, I think today’s plan is canceled. He clearly doesn’t think of me that way. How would I forget the fact that he keeps bringing girls into his room every single day?!”

               “Hey, we still have nothing to lose. I still can’t bring myself to believe there’s nothing between the two of you. However, if you feel like there’s nothing to be done, we can still make you look strikingly good so that Kai realizes what he’s losing out on.”

               I personally couldn’t really believe that Kai would see me that way, but there was nothing to lose, right? I could always go, have fun, and bring someone home after the night to help me get rid of my thought f Jongin.

               “Ok, I guess that’s a sound plan, let’s go with it.”

               I decided to send Jongin a quick message to tell him to meet at the party; that I would be going with Wendy.

               Wendy and I spent the afternoon getting ready. Although I was still feeling a little down, it definitely helped feel better to get ready with one of my best friends. Wendy ended up choosing my entire outfit.

               She went for a black leather leggings, a simple dark pink V-necked crop top and a pair of black converse. She said she was going for casual y. I decided to just go with it.

               By around 9 we were ready, and heading towards Sehun’s. His apartment was in the ninth floor of a residential building near SNU.

               As we took the elevator I couldn’t stop fiddling with my shirt.

‘Why did I suddenly have to decide that I liked Jongin? If he had stayed in the friend zone I wouldn’t be going through this again!’

               I couldn’t stop thinking about how I should behave in front of him.

               ‘Should I be coy and flirty to show nonchalance? Should I just ignore him? Should I be coy and flirty with other guys to see his reaction?’

               Before I could really come up with a solid plan we were already in Sehun’s floor, and Wendy was already pulling towards the door.

 

               When we rang the doorbell, Jongin’s head popped up.

               “Yah! Why are you so late, I was waiting all night long for you to come!” he said, roughly pulling me into the apartment.

               “Oh! And hello to you to Wendy, you look great!” he said with his trademark smirk. Yup, Jongin was definitely a flirt. He flirted with anyone that didn’t had a hanging between their legs. Sigh.

               “Eunbi, why are you to late? I was looking forwards to spending the night with my dearest friend! It’s been too long since we’ve been to a party together!” Jongin whined, showing more aegyo that he normally would.

               “Hey, hey calm down,” I said, laughing at his unusual demonstration of cuteness, “how many drinks have you had?”

               “Don’t worry, I’m not drunk, not yet. Just a bit tipsy?” he said, smiling and squeezing his index and thumb to show the amount he had drunk. “Oh! Also, now that you are here we should have a shot of tequila together!”

               Jongin quickly went to find two shot glasses, filled to the brim with the alcohol and we downed it together. I guess I just couldn’t stay away of Jongin, not matter how much I tried.

 

Sorry for not updating in such a long time!There has been a lot of school work and stuff. Hopefully I should be able to update more regularly from now on!