Chapter 07

Should I Say "I Love You"?

When I walked out of our dorm it was already 8:30. I had 5 minutes to run across the campus towards the math building, climb the stairs up to floor 5 and find my sit before the teacher walked in.

               Nevertheless, Jongin was 100% right when he said that the teacher didn’t even know my name. So much for being responsible.

               I was 5 minutes late, luckily Mr. Kim hadn’t arrived yet. I quickly walked down the aisle and sat down at my usual spot. Not too long after Yoongi and Baekhyun sat at my left and right respectively.

               “Hey, today you actually arrived before the teacher!” I praised. They always sat beside in Calculus with Mr. Kim, and they were always late.

               “I think it’s more like Mr. Kim is late today, we actually ran across campus because we noticed we were late,” Yoongi said.

               “Yeah Eunbi, look at my sweat!” Baekhyun exclaimed, lowering his shirt so I could take a look at his sweaty neck.

               “Baekhyun-ah, I don’t think this type of behavior is quite normal…” I slowly said. Just when Baekhyun started to pout at me Yoongi cut in.

               “When can you ever expect normal behavior from Byun Baekhyun?! He’s the epitome of weird!” Yoongi exclaimed, “I still have a video of his first year of Uni, dancing while playing with the lights. I think you can’t get any weirder than that.”

               “True, true. I guess you’ve got a point,” I said. At this Baekhyun turned to look at me with puppy eyes, immediately making me feel bad about making fun of him.

               “But it’s ok Baekhyun, we all love you the way you are!” I said, trying to make him feel better. Baekhyun started to open his mouth, but Mr. Kim walked into the classroom just before he could answer, making him have to save his comment for later.

              

After my fight with Jongin I decided that I would stop being so shy and try to make more friends so that I would never rely on someone so much again. Because of this as soon as I started attending SNU I decided that I would actually try to speak to people. This is how I became friends with Yoongi, Baekhyun and their group of friends.

I hate to admit it, but the incident with Jongin also made me start to feel skeptical about dating. Once again I hated the fact that I could get really hurt if I got really close to someone. That’s how I became a lot more open about having relationships. You might think this is weird, but it allowed me not to get too attached to a single person.

When I started college I had my first casual relationship. He is one of Yoongi and Baekhyun’s friends: Kim Jongdae. It ended rather quickly, and now we are just friends. However once in a while we still meet when we have physical urges. I was also with many other in college, and was always able to maintain an friendly (and sometimes more than friendly) relationship after things ended.

Jongin was a bit more extreme than me in this area. Most nights Jongin would walk into our apartment with a girl, a different one almost every night, and then halfway through the night the girl would walk out of Jongin’s room and perform the walk of shame across the living room. He never allowed them to stay the night, and he almost never contacted them again.

Jongin and I had an unsaid agreement: we would never interfere with each other’s ual lives. That’s how we lived together up to now.

 

During lunch I decided to sit with Yoongi and Baekhyun to avoid sitting with Jongin. I still couldn’t get over the fact that he had seen me in the morning. Thinking about it made my entire body flare up.

“Hey!” I said as I sat down, “sorry about math Baekhyun.” I was afraid that he had taken our jokes seriously, and I didn’t want him to feel bad.

“It’s ok, I didn’t take it to heart,” he said as he made a martyred face. I gently pushed as I glared at him.

“So aren’t you sitting with Kai today?” Yoongi asked.

“Yeah… about that… he kind of saw my self today in all its glory in the morning… So I’m kind of thinking to avoid him all day long, and sneak into our apartment at night. Hopefully by tomorrow I don’t feel so embarrassed by it.”

“Ohhh, so tell us who did that happen?” Baekhyun asked.

So I told them about the events of earlier that day.

“So… When are you and Jongin going to do something about that there’s between the 2 of you?” Baekhyun asked when I finished my story, “I mean he already saw you , I guess there’s just one more step to take.” He wriggled his eyebrows.

“NOPE!” I exclaimed, “not going there, nope.”

“Hey, you got to accept that there’s definitely something between the two of. There has been since the very first time I met you,” Yoongi said, “actually I considered flirting with you until I met Kai.”

“Really??” I asked, totally caught off guard, “I actually crushed on you on my first year!”

“Yeah, I kind of knew. You were really obvious back then. Remember when I helped you pick up you books and you started blushing? That kind of gave it away,” Yoonggi said, slightly laughing at how ironic it was that I had also started to blush now.

“Why didn’t you do anything??” I asked, perplexed. I thought no one knew.

“Well, I knew it would go away. You and Kai have always seemed to be meant for each other,” he said, as Baekhyun fervently nodded his head beside me.

“Well… that’s never going to happen,” I said, convinced that it never would.