Thirty-sixth

His Pseudo Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong slowly woke up as the delicious scent of bacon filled his senses. Confusion filled him since he was the one always in charge for breakfast so how come he's smelling bacons right now? He then just thought that maybe this is one very realistic dream.

He groggily stood up while making his way to the bathroom to wash his face. He groaned a little as he felt a little hungover from last night. He didn't want to drink too much but his friends totally ordered a lot of drinks and without knowing, eventually, he totally enjoyed himself too. It's been a long time since they've hung out and being with the crazy guys renewed his energy too.

He then made his way to the kitchen to cook, not noticing that the smell of breakfast is not fading. He did a double take as he saw Dara - already in her work clothes, legit preparing breakfast! This is absolutely a miracle!

"Woah! Are you for real? You woke up early and prepared breakfast?!" Jiyong can't believe what's happening right in front of his eyes.  Dara who's always running late for work,  actually woke up early for once and made breakfast! This one’s definitely for the history books.

"Yes Jiyong, I woke up early and actually made breakfast." She smiled with a hint of warning in her eyes. "Don't tease me, I'm in a very good mood today." She finished preparing their table and signalled Jiyong to sit and eat. 

"Wow, being served breakfast feels so different compared to preparing it." Jiyong smiled as he noticed Dara totally focusing on the coffee, very careful not to spill it on the table. He smiled a little as he saw how hard Dara is working right now aside from the fact that the scent of the coffee is already tingling Jiyong's appetite.

"Stop staring and let's just eat shall we? We'll go to work together right?" Dara asked as she sipped the coffee. She knew Jiyong is very hesitant to drive and borrow her car, but that really shouldn't bother him since they'll be married soon anyways. But if her car is too flashy, maybe she should just exchange it for one of his parent's car? Or maybe a new SUV for their future family. Jiyong just nodded and proceeded to eat her food. She felt so excited seeing him eat the food she prepared wholeheartedly. Maybe she's not that bad of a cook after all. She never imagined herself as a housewife but if she’ll be Jiyong’s housewife then she’ll be very glad to be one. If you’ll ask her about children 3 years ago, she would’ve shuddered and vomited at the thought but the Dara today would be very happy to give birth to Mino’s siblings. She didn’t know when this shift happened but maybe all it takes is to find the someone you would willingly devote your life to.

"Don't forget that you don't need to pick me up later okay? We have a company dinner later."

"Ah was it today? What time will you be home? I can still pick you up even if it’s late."  

"Don't worry we'll be finished before midnight" Dara said as the thought of finally talking to his boss later entered her mind again. She's dragged it for too long already, she really needed to do this once and for all. She owes Joong Ki this much after all.

---

He sighed for the thousandth time that night as he parked his car in front of Dara's apartment building. It was a long night and it was definitely a night he wouldn't forget. Joong Ki already knew that she wasn't interested in him in that sense, and he kind of expected the rejection coming but the Dara he saw tonight was a whole different side of her he didn't know can exist. She was honest, raw, and so smiling and blushy as she told him the truth. He expected a simple rejection but he was not prepared for Dara's honesty and considerations for him. 

She had told him that she already found the man she would marry in the nicest and most direct way that he didn't even have the time to be hurt. He just got happy for her since it was really the first time he saw her with that genuine glowing expression even after years of knowing her.  

"Thanks for being so honest. I really appreciate it." He said as Dara unbuckled her seatbelt, preparing to get out of the car. 

"You know, I really hope you'll find your someone someday. You're a really good man and I hope you know that." Dara sincerely said. She felt bad having to tell him all these things, he's such a softie and his emotions show on his face all the time. She can see that he's trying his best to wish her good and she just can't help but give him a big hug.

"Thanks for everything. And I really really wish you the best." Dara wanted to cheer him up but she thinks this is the best she can do. 

She saw a familiar figure walking towards them and she immediately got off the car. 

"That's him! See that guy with the hoodie? That's Jiyong. Bye and drive home safely!" She pointed her finger at Jiyong and waved Joong Ki goodbye. 

Joong Ki saw Dara ran a little to catch up to him and he smiled as he saw how her whole demeanor looked totally relaxed and different as she talked to him. Her smile's back again and he can't help but laugh at how silly she looked as she checked the contents of the plastic bag the guy bought. 

He realized that 'that' is what love and happiness looked like, and he can't stop himself from the yearning to experience something like that in this lifetime. It may seem impossible but he's definitely still hoping that maybe soon he'll meet the woman that he wouldn't think twice to marry.

 

---

"What did you two talk about? Did you tell him about us or…” Jiyong wanted to ask everything the moment they step foot in their home but he trailed off, not knowing what to really ask. He's just somehow afraid and confused at the moment. 

"Yes. I told him everything."

"What everything?"

"I told him that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter