[ ♡ ] .007

Broken Hearts of Literature.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throughout the day, Nami got to know more about Baekhyun - seeing how he got her to open up about herself and he did the same to her. It was only a matter of time that she woud get to know him better. At first, she thought his idea of being friends was bizarre and too out reached for anyone to conquer - but seeing the circumstances she was in.. she was in the group of friends that he belonged in because of her cousin, Bo Na. The brunette knew that there was going to be more days to come where she'd have to deal with him and how he was around her. Jae Mi thought it was nice that they were getting along - despite having slept with each other once. 

But then again, getting to know Baekhyun wasn't as bad as Nami would have thought. It was refreshing to know that she was making friends in Korea. 

"Alright," Nami huffed, standing up from the couch. The group decided to retire from the amusement park because Joonmyun's son found himself tired - unable to enjoy the day any longer. And it seems as though the other professors agreed with the young boy. "I'm going to head home," she called out to her cousin rather than the group. Jae Mi nodded in agreement with her best friend, raising herself up from Yixing's side. Nami and Jaemi decided it was time to part ways from the group, seeing how they still weren't comfortable with the idea of hanging out with Bo Na and Baekhyun's friends. The girls parted, leaving Baekhyun to return to his normal self - the less bubbly and more stern type, even though he's been that way since they arrived to his brother-in-law and sister's home. It made Joonmyun wonder as he pulled his brother-in-law aside. "What's up with you?" Joonmyun asked, eyeing the younger with a twitch of his brows. Baekhyun blinked, staring at the older man. 

"Nothing's up, why?" 

"Because you're less talkative and more like - oh, I'm Professor Byun and I take seriously now." He mocked, earning a glare from Baekhyun. "Is it because she's not here anymore?" The younger man shifted, shaking his head allowing Joonmyun to sigh and retire to his room - mainly to look after his son who was sound asleep - leaving Bomi and the rest of the gang to hang out in the living room. "Baek," Bomi called out, capturing his attention, "what do you really want with Nami?" She questioned in concern to the new friend she made. For the seveal months that Nami and Jaemi has been here, Bomi had grown close to them - seeing how they were a bit similar in personality as her. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Baekhyun chimmed.

"Oh, cut the bull, Baekhyun!" Luhan hollered, his eyes glaring at the younger, "what, just because she slept with you, you want to know everything about her?" Baekhyun stayed slient, his eyes twinkling towards the ground beneath his feet. "I honestly just wanted to be her friend, like any of you all." Bomi sighed, grasping his shoulder: "Baek, you can be her friend, that's perfectly fine - but why are you pressuring her to be your friend? We're all her friends here because we act normal and treat her like one of us - accepting her and Jaemi into the group like we did with any of your friends. You keep questioning her about this and that until one day - you're going to push her off the edge and away from wanting to be friends with us - with you. I like her, Baekhyun, but I can't stand to see my brother act like he's some kid who won the lottery when he sees a girl he likes. That's not you - that's not the Baekhyun I know.

The Baekhyun I know would let things happen at the rate of which it came. The Baaekhyun I know doesn't talk to girls who are his students." Baekhyun absorbed in his sister's words, shooting his head up to the last part of her sentence. He blinked in surprise - remembering what his life's work was all about. He was a man who didn't have time for women, who didn't want to involve himself with his students. 

"I don't see anything wrong with it," Bo Na mumbled, fumbling with Jongin's fingers on her lap. Luhan glared at her and sighed, shaking his head. Luhan, himself, liked Nami and Jaemi. They're people who are relatable to his girlfriend and himself. They're like each - mature and easy-going. "You know damn well what happened to me and Joonmyun, Bo Na. Don't you dare think it's okay for your cousin to be in a relationship with a man who chooses his work over anything else."

Baekhyun glared, staring at those talking among him: "I'm sitting right here, you know?" The group seemingly ignored him as they continously chatted away, leaving him to fall back into a quiet thought. "Nami's one of the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter